Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 16th March 2015, 18:16   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
@Artem, there are rumours in the market about a possible 1-1.5 lakh discount / reduction in the price of the Z1000. This may be due to Benelli / Ducati's entry at aggressive prices. I hope these come true.
Dude well I hope that's the case! In which case I am going to hold on for it to be enforced. I had initially thought of booking the bike in the last week of March, now that you've mentioned this, then it's definitely worth the wait! How good are your sources about this discount?
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 20:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Seen this one at the kawasaki showroom in Bangalore.
Looks stunning. Always thought that the green silver color can't be bettered but this looks better than that in flesh.
Could not agree more....any idea if this is the only colour being sold?

interestingly I got a 2015 manufactured bike but in the silver and green
!! Not that I was given an option. Now I will truly have a special edition
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 22:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
@Artem, there are rumours in the market about a possible 1-1.5 lakh discount / reduction in the price of the Z1000. This may be due to Benelli / Ducati's entry at aggressive prices. I hope these come true.
If this is true, then the 800 should also reflect something similar? If that happens, then it will not only kill the Street Triple sales but also eat into its own sibling, the 650...
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 00:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
If this is true, then the 800 should also reflect something similar? If that happens, then it will not only kill the Street Triple sales but also eat into its own sibling, the 650...
The z800 is already running 75K (in Bangalore) discounts since Jan 1st and expected to end on 31st March.
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 09:34   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
The z800 is already running 75K (in Bangalore) discounts since Jan 1st and expected to end on 31st March.
Dang. Looks I bought the Z800 last year at a high price.
Develish is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 17:24   #66
BHPian

I happened to take the Z1000 for a long satisfying spin today, and boy, was it worth every word I had read about it.

Let's get one thing clear. It's a solo bike. The pillion seat is for your backpack and nothing else, trust me. It looks 'small' but once on the road, with the racket that it makes, it's THE machine to have.

The seating position is the most aggressive I've ever postured myself as. The road literally feels right on your face (something you would feel when driving a Maruti Omni). The console is down below, and moving just the eyes isn't sufficient. The view on all angles and sides is commanding and so is the stance.

Initially, I felt as if I would somersault on the road if I braked hard. The exhaust note (stock) is beautiful. It was music to the ears and while down-shifting every time I approached a speed breaker, I attained Nirvana.

With fuel and other checks done, I set out for my ride. It's a complete head turner. While people look at some super bikes in awe, they looked at this one in shock. It looks something from outer space, all right, but it looks menacing and dangerous. And that is precisely what this bike is.

The gear-shift is butter smooth. Quick shifts are a breeze. The Bridgestone tyres provide good grip and security but I would personally shift to the Rossos immediately, if I ever picked one of these machines. Braking is a single finger tap away. It brakes hard, and sometimes it made me feel as if I would crash into the rear of a car (something that happened to the dudes who crashed into Bhpian djpeesh. Check his thread to know more.)

The power, well it's raw, unnerving and at the same time - mesmerising. While entering non-traffic roads, I let it loose, and even in the 6th gear while shifting, I felt the front wheel go up a inch or two. Yes, I had my YouTube moment today.

To sum it up.
Pros:

1. Menacingly powerful. Torque available like halwa at a Gurudwara.
2. Strong brakes. Use the front a bit more than you would like to and you'll have a 'OMG! Moment'.
3. Light clutch. Breeze to shift quick.
4. Out of this world looks, literally.
5. A stance that makes you feel as if you're doing 'that' famous pose of Titanic.
6. Nimble to handle once it catches speed. Couldn't feel the weight in heavy traffic.

Cons:

1. Not much room to move about. Feels stiff. I have my doubts over doing long rides on this.
2. No pillion, no party.
3. This bike deserves the Pirellis.
4. RVMs will show you two things. Either your paunch or your backpack.
5. First gear was clunky and hard to engage to.
6. Ground clearance not at a premium.

At 13.8 lakhs, on road (Delhi), it is THE bike to have. Personally, I rate it over it's Suzuki rival and have now made up my mind to add it to my garage sometime in the future, god willing.
barcalad is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2015, 18:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Cons:

1. Not much room to move about. Feels stiff. I have my doubts over doing long rides on this.
I agree with most of what you said barcalad!
BUT!!
where there is a will(motorcycle?), there is a way. we did blr - madurai - rameswaram - dhanushkodi - karaikudi - blr last december.
The Z rider was as fresh as fresh can be.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8930072@N08/15417155294/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8930072@N08/16037465121/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8930072@N08/15853640097/

Cheers!

Last edited by wolfy : 9th October 2015 at 18:35.
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote