| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|23rd June 2006, 18:51||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Ducati unleashes Desmosedici RR production prototype!
Ducati fans rejoice! Ducati chose the Italian GP to launch their Desmosedici production prototype, which is based on their MOTOGP Desmosedici GP6 design. Obviously it will be a limited edition production model, with just around 400 bikes produces a year.
The Desmosedici RR will be available with a special race kit that includes a 102 dB racing exhaust, a dedicated CPU, bike cover, track stand.
For this exclusive Ducati model a new dedicated service plan has been devised thanks to which each Ducati Desmosedici RR owner can count upon a three-year warranty and a three-year maintenance period free of charge.
Technical features at a glance
Desmosedici engine features:
• 200+ hp with racing exhaust kit (supplied with every bike)
• 989cc L-Four cylinder, Twin Pulse configuration
• Desmodromic, with 16 titanium valves (Desmosedici)
• quadruple 12 hole ‘micro-jet' fuel injectors
• Double overhead cams, gear driven
• titanium connecting rods
• cassette transmission
• sand cast engine cases
• magnesium covers
• 4 into 2 into 1 vertical exit exhaust
• dry ‘Slipper' clutch
Desmosedici chassis features:
• Hybrid Trellis frame
• Carbon fibre seat support
• Öhlins nitrogen pressurized reservoir 43mm "FG353" PFF forks
• Öhlins four-way adjustable rear shock with GP6 linkage and geometry
• Brembo radial "monoblock" front callipers
• forged and machined Marchesini magnesium wheels
• New lightweight Corse electronic multifunction dashboard
• aluminium alloy tank
• Full Carbon fibre body
• Bridgestone tyres with special profile and structure
Courtesy : www.mcnews.com.au
What say guys?
|25th June 2006, 14:18||#4|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Thanked: 2 Times
Ducati has started taking orders. Nows the time to splurge out the life-savings.
|22nd August 2006, 16:54||#8|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Thanked: 24 Times
Should be around 50,000 Euro..owners of the 999R are given preference to order / book the Desmosedici
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ducati Desmosedici GP10 unveiled at Wroom||r@CYR@y||Superbikes & Imports||0||16th January 2010 23:06|
|Photographs - Desmosedici RR, Ducati 1098, RC8s, 2009 R1, 2009 Fireblade||cbr954rr||Motor-Sports||1||25th October 2009 15:46|
|Noble unleashes 225 mph M600 supercar!||AyAn!||The International Automotive Scene||7||20th August 2009 23:02|
|Brabus Unleashes The Bullit||speedy||The International Automotive Scene||16||18th September 2007 17:39|