Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2014, 13:24   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Hearty Congratulations Avi!!!

Bonnie is one of the neat and most stylish motorcycles available in India. I am sure you will have your ride of your life.
BTW did you think of any nickname for your bonnie..
Old 12th February 2014, 13:27   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Most of us keep our week-end runs on even during peak summer and have never come accross any case of seizure in these brands (what I know of are unfortunately of REs)
You answered my unasked question. Conditions like those are standard templates for RE seizures. So the metallurgy and machining of both the Triumphs and the Harkeys is definitely superior. As must be the lubrication.
Old 12th February 2014, 20:28   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
You answered my unasked question. Conditions like those are standard templates for RE seizures. So the metallurgy and machining of both the Triumphs and the Harkeys is definitely superior. As must be the lubrication.
Ha ha REs can seize anywhere, heat or no heat !!
abhjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 22:29   #169
Team-BHP Support

Dear All,

Bonnie came home this evening. Iam still in a dream. Give me sometime to surface from this ecstatic feeling.

Look out for my ownership report in the coming weeks

Thanks for all your valuable inputs in helping me decide on a Triumph Bonneville

Cheers
Avi
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 23:49   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dear All,
Bonnie came home this evening. Iam still in a dream. Give me sometime to surface from this ecstatic feeling.
Congrats on acquiring your dream Avi! Looking forward to the ownership report.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 09:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bonnie came home this evening.
Yeah..yeah! The celebrity cult at the delivery scene would make movie stars turn green in envy!

Many congratulations and Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 09:58   #172
BHPian

Fantastic! Waiting eagerly for the ownership thread!
good times are rolling in India! Loving the scene and it is only the beginning!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 10:23   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs in helping me decide on a Triumph Bonneville

Cheers
Avi
Congrats Avi! Ghassi peesi ne vaparje! (Parsi talk for use it well, use it hard)
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 12:11   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Cheers
Avi
Avinash,

Welcome to the Triumph family and that too with one of the best of the family. I am sure it will give you long years of great service and will probably go on to serve your off-springs as well

You know when I bought my new RD 350 29 years ago, I never thought that the bike is going to be used by my son some day (I wasn't even married then). In another couple of years my son is going to be big enough to try and ride it (my dughter is old enough and has eyes on the RD already but she is not big enough to handle anything bigger than 100 cc scooter). But you I feel kind of envious of him, as he is going to be spoilt for choice - Bonnie, RD 350 or AJS 500 Twin

Look forward to a great ownership thread as well from you

Do a long ride to Bangalore -we can catch up in Bangalore - from 17th Feb, I am there for some time

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 13th February 2014 at 12:16.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 12:52   #175
BHPian

Many Congrats avi on having one of your dreams come true

Your steed looks superb in black

Time for sharing some pics of the delivery
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 13:11   #176
BHPian

Mobike008 – thanks for starting a very informative thread. Thanks also to everybody else who tested and shared their experiences riding a Triumph on this thread. And congratulations to all the new Triumph owners of India. I hope to join your ranks in the near future!

As for all your reviews, so happy to hear the experiences mirror my own of having owned a Bonneville recently. I wrote about my experiences of owning one in a different thread – see pg. 53 here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...g-48-a-53.html (Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48)

Now, I haven't read all the posts on this thread but thought I'd jump in with some stuff while I have some free time. Firstly, a personal opinion about the Harley “lifestyle” mentioned by several people here. Yes, the entire HOG lifestyle/camaraderie thing is huge and dazzling and probably very exciting for many potential and new Harley owners. It’s great, and I’m sure, very useful to be part of an enormous, established global network of owners. But honestly, I feel that at times it tends to feel a little bit bloated, over-done, clichéd, almost to the point of being a caricature of itself. I’m not a Harley hater and in fact find the HD Sportsters very appealing stylistically – wish HD still made the XR1200, also wish more Sportster options were available in India – but I don’t find appealing the herd-mentality-combined-with-superiority-complex exhibited by SOME of the HD riders – please note this is not a blanket statement and I’m not talking about all Harley riders – have met & ridden with more than enough cool Harley riders. And I know this mentality can be exhibited by others too, but this seems to be most evident amongst HD people. I hope people don't find my opinion too negative, just wanted to share my two-paise-worth. Mods, please feel free to delete this paragraph if you want to.

As for the Triumph classic line-up and it’s apparent lack of a similar “lifestyle,” if you’re not already aware, just search around the Internet and you’ll find that the Bonneville family is front and center in the retro-classic/custom-classic motorcycling scene – vintage British, Euro, Japanese bikes, even vintage Harleys, modern retros (including HD Sportsters) in stock form and also customized into café racers, brat-bikes, street trackers, bobbers, choppers (vintage 60s, 70s style not the over-chromed reality-TV types) – a niche that has seen a huge growth in recent years to the point that manufacturers are now putting their muscle behind it, thus the recent growth in modern retro classic offerings - Honda CB1100, Moto Guzzi V7, BMW RnineT, Kawasaki W800, Yamaha just re-introduced its cult SR400, and of course not to forget our Royal Enfield Continental GT. Even Harley got into this scene early with its black line - Iron 883, Nightster 1200, etc. aimed at a youthful market different from their usual customer-base. All of these make for a rich, vibrant, diverse and growing scene that is on the cutting-edge of current fashion and trend. Even if the trendy folks currently flocking to retro classic motorcycles decide to move on to other trends in a few years, I feel the scene is rich and diverse enough, and the bikes have enough history, tradition and quality to provide the true fans of this type of motorcycle with more than enough “lifestyle support.” Whew! Enough about rider lifestyle and fashion …

Finally, as for the Bonneville’s understated styling – it has the quintessential classic British lines, something shared by the ubiquitous RE Bullet so common in our Indian streets, thus perhaps it seems a little more “plain-Jane” to our eyes than to Westerners who see a unique, cool, vintage bike in the Bonneville, so different from the ultra-modern, faired Japanese sportsbikes or even the Harleys so common on the streets of European and North American cities.

Thank you! Now for more useful ownership and first ride impressions from forum-members.
grplr02 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:02   #177
BHPian

Hearty congratulations Avi, look forward to catch you riding this masterpiece soon.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:06   #178
Team-BHP Support

It was mayhem, chaos, excitement and crazy fun filled couple of hours at the dealership last evening when I went to take delivery of my Triumph Bonneville

There were about 10 Team-BHPians and close friends who took time out from their busy work schedules to be part of my joy. A big thanks to them for making me feel like a superstar (A telugu movie actress was gaping at the attention I was getting and nobody bothered about her when she was there to book a Storm for her boyfriend)

It goes to show that friends along with your better half can make a simple bike delivery ceremony into a memorable occasion

Team BHPians who came to share my joy

(L-R) : Naveen k.k, Zenopio, Getsurya,Srimath (at back), Mobike008, My wife, Rajesh Rawal, Murthy, Ecosportrules

People who came but, are missing in this picture are Discobiscuit and Vnabhi

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-dsc_1071_01.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th February 2014 at 15:07.
mobike008 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:12   #179
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations mobike008. Wishing you years of happiness with your ride.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 15:48   #180
BHPian

Many Many congratulations on the T.
Wishing you lots of smiles and miles.
And yes, a Full - On ownership report is expected err.. demanded
InControl is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread