Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:44   #286
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Full set any day man. Most slip ons are a joke. Great for sound only.
Agree with you on that. Full set comes with a re-map as well that is supposed to up the power to about 7bhp more. But, iam warned by the service guys of Triumph that it makes quite a racket

Btw, One of the Bonnie owner from Bangalore has fitted the HFS and he is insistent that its better than the full 2x2 set and he even sent me a video of the sound. I kind of like the sound but, you know how it is, cannot tell the sound clearly from a mobile phone video recording. Will wait to hear both in person before making any kind of decision

Iam enjoying the stealth mode of Bonnie and wouldnt want to spoil it with a loud exhuast just to draw attention to myself.

But, as mentioned afore, I wouldnt mind the sound trade-off only if the power figures are confirmed.

Time to start a piggy bank and save up that fifty grand
mobike008 is offline  
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:02   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
r_nairtvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dubai/TRV/BLR
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 1,526 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Could you please explain the riding pattern that you adopt in your group in Dubai? I think everyone follows a different pattern with some of the signals being common
Avi,

Our group's leader is some one over 60 years with Automobiles in his blood and breath. He owns one of the best quality workshops in Dubai. He has vast ridding experience and all I do is follow his lead with out being fixated on him

In general what we follow is there in the following link.

http://msf-usa.org/downloads/group_ride.pdf

Hope its useful and I am sure that its followable in your rides on NH 7

Another useful link is as follows

http://gwta.org/rider_ed/grpridinggd.htm

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 2nd April 2014 at 16:06.
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:36   #288
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Avi,

Our group's leader is some one over 60 years with Automobiles in his blood and breath. He owns one of the best quality workshops in Dubai. He has vast ridding experience and all I do is follow his lead with out being fixated on him

In general what we follow is there in the following link.
Thanks for the sharing the PDF and link. Will go over them at liesure and see if that riding rules can be employed here as well
mobike008 is offline  
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:48   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Avi,

In general what we follow is there in the following link.

http://msf-usa.org/downloads/group_ride.pdf

Another useful link is as follows

http://gwta.org/rider_ed/grpridinggd.htm
Ram sir - Thanks for the link. This is exactly what is followed here as well. I hope you experienced the same when you rode with us. You were the effective/awesome sweep (much to everyone's admiration) Remember that?

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd April 2014 at 19:43. Reason: Please quote selectively as a long quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Shubz is offline  
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:32   #290
BHPian
 
AC_genius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 59
Thanked: 119 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

http://msf-usa.org/downloads/group_ride.pdf

Hope its useful and I am sure that its followable in your rides on NH 7

Another useful link is as follows

http://gwta.org/rider_ed/grpridinggd.htm

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
Ram, thanks for sharing this. This is very helpful and bikers can definitely use more knowledge and awareness on riding formations and signs. The Capital chapter HOG rides are also well co-ordinated in good measure considering the sheer number lunatics and not to mention the occassional cows that grace our roads.

Safe riding
AC_genius is offline  
Old 18th April 2014, 13:32   #291
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 119
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Just took a test ride of a white and blue Bonneville. Just one word to describe the ride: AWESOME! Definitely more comfortable than the iron883 as far as suspension is concerned.
The T100 is definitely better looking but for some reason it was not being offered for test rides. The dealer claimed that ride quality and handling was not that much different than the base model, i however feel that it might not handle or stop as good as the SE due to the 19in front wheel and higher seat.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 16:07   #292
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Just took a test ride of a white and blue Bonneville. Just one word to describe the ride: AWESOME! Definitely more comfortable than the iron883 as far as suspension is concerned.
Nice to know you liked your T/R of the Bonnie

Can you please describe what you feel works and what doesnt for the Bonnie?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 18th April 2014, 16:32   #293
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 119
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Nice to know you liked your T/R of the Bonnie

Can you please describe what you feel works and what doesnt for the Bonnie?
What i liked:

1. Pick up and smooth power delivery
2. Suspension and riding position
3. Brakes and overall handling

What i did not like:

1. Plastic / fibre fenders and battery cover. I have always been a fan of all steel.
2. This one should have had the twin speedo like the t100.

The t100 looked way more classy and though i could not get to ride it i did sit on it to get a feel and thought the handlebars are narrower than the se and feels taller / top heavy. I hope its ride and handling is not too different to the se.
I seem to be drawn more towards the t100 but definitely wont book it till i do the test ride.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 13:41   #294
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I seem to be drawn more towards the t100 but definitely wont book it till i do the test ride.
Please do ride the Bonnie SE and Bonnie T100 back to back before making your decision. If you still go for T100, atleast it'll be an informed decision

My observation which was concurred by many Bonnie owners is that Bonnie SE handles much better than Bonnie T100 !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 00:44   #295
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 66
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Hello Gents,

Got a chance to test ride the Bonneville today and my impressions are mostly same to what Avi mentioned in his test ride post but i must say that for the 20 minutes that i rode the bike the right side (specifically) got really hot to a point that it was uncomfortable.

Can this really be your go-to bike on a daily basis.

Im new to this community. I'm getting back to riding after almost 9 years. So any advice will be really helpful.

Rajesh
raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 06:32   #296
BHPian
 
eltoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay!!!
Posts: 37
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

I had the opportunity of taking a test ride of the Bonnie at Shaman Motors yesterday and was in total awe of the bike post the ride. I have ridden a friend's Superlow extensively and myself own a Bullet Electra for the last 7 years. The feel of this bike is something totally new. No vibrations like the Harleys and Enfields and definitely no sound to indicate the kind of power that this beast can unleash.

Could not ride the Bonneville T100 but got a chance to get a feel of it by sitting on it. The overall stance on the T100 did not feel very different than my Bullet. My Bullet has got a 19' front and 18' inch rear wheel which is essentially the same size as the T100 hence I can probably guess the kind of handling to expect. Personally I liked the wider handle of the T100 than the Bonnie.

I am totally sold on the Bonnie!!! Now it's just a matter of time before I arrange the finance and balance the monthly EMIs in the expense sheet before I lay my hands on one.
eltoro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 06:48   #297
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Got a chance to test ride the Bonneville today and my impressions are mostly same to what Avi mentioned in his test ride post but i must say that for the 20 minutes that i rode the bike the right side (specifically) got really hot to a point that it was uncomfortable.
Hi Rajesh,

Triumph Bonneville gets really hot during the initial days. Even I was bit worried when I got the bike as it almost used to scald my inner thighs during a city ride but, I didnt feel the heat during highway rides

After 1st service (800kms), heat has reduced considerably and now its not even felt. Now i can use the bike even in city traffic without feeling uncomfortable

Btw, Just ride the Bonnie in city traffic and see its weaving/ducking abilities between two moving objects.

That'll guaranteed will make you a Bonneville addict
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 17:33   #298
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
Could not ride the Bonneville T100 but got a chance to get a feel of it by sitting on it. The overall stance on the T100 did not feel very different than my Bullet. My Bullet has got a 19' front and 18' inch rear wheel which is essentially the same size as the T100 hence I can probably guess the kind of handling to expect. Personally I liked the wider handle of the T100 than the Bonnie.

I am totally sold on the Bonnie!!! Now it's just a matter of time before I arrange the finance and balance the monthly EMIs in the expense sheet before I lay my hands on one.
Congratulations on honing down to a Triumph Bonneville, its a decision you wont regret.

Please do a detailed test ride of both T100 and SE before taking the plunge

Do read my long ride report of a T100 as well here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3424316
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 20:50   #299
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 119
Thanked: 105 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Congratulations on honing down to a Triumph Bonneville, its a decision you wont regret.

Please do a detailed test ride of both T100 and SE before taking the plunge

Do read my long ride report of a T100 as well here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3424316
I think for the pune dealers: they obviously are aware that the base bonneville has better ride quality than the t100. Thats probably why they flatly refused me a test ride of the t100.
argchoff is offline  
Old 4th May 2014, 09:50   #300
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I think for the pune dealers: they obviously are aware that the base bonneville has better ride quality than the t100. Thats probably why they flatly refused me a test ride of the t100.
Hi Argchoff, Ride quality of both bikes are similar.

What I had mentioned was about handling qualities between the T100 and SE and in my opinion, SE handles superior than T100

It's been a norm in Hyderabad too with respect to T/R, they have only one SE Bonnie Test Ride bike and would offer the same to prospective customers and never used to give T100 as a Test Ride bike

But, Iam sure if your seriouly considering either of the two, I think the dealership should be able to arrange a T/R of the T100 for you
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Beauty in the Beast AC_genius Superbikes & Imports 83 28th July 2016 21:03
RE Classic Desert Storm 500 or Used Harley Iron 883? MonsterPatrol Motorbikes 31 15th May 2013 22:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks