Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2014, 17:56   #16
BHPian
 
adrena's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

I came here looking for people who have booked and waiting but thought it would be great to give you guys the info on financing in Mumbai. Seven Islands HD at Turbhe has a fairly good scheme with HDFC here are details:

Street XG 750 (all figures in INR):
Ex-Showroom Price: 430,731
Insurance: 13,800
Registration, road tax, service etc: 47,651
On-Road (Mumbai, with octroi): 492,182

Now for the financing scheme that is valid till March 31st 2014:
Funding: 80% of total price (this includes 50k worth accessories)
Down payment (without accessories): 99,224
Loan amount: 393,746
EMIs:
24 months: 18,536
36 months: 13,078
48 months: 10,369
60 months: 8,759

all works out to 12% PA

I think this is a fantastic scheme. Will book the bike this weekend.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 13:56   #17
BHPian
 
madbullram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai & Appleton, WI
Posts: 513
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
. Will book the bike this weekend.
Booking before a test ride?
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 15:33   #18
BHPian
 
adrena's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Not much choice. Test rides start only in April. I did get a chance to sit on the bike and get a sense of the handlebar-seat-footpeg positions. All seems ok on that front.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 20:22   #19
BHPian
 
madbullram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai & Appleton, WI
Posts: 513
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Felt the same, but given that its brand new and not much production bike review, decided to wait. Appreciate your move man! you seemed to be the first one her to book
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 10:55   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
alpha1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: P00NA
Posts: 1,626
Thanked: 967 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Not much choice. Test rides start only in April. I did get a chance to sit on the bike and get a sense of the handlebar-seat-footpeg positions. All seems ok on that front.
Adrena I would still recommend to hold the horses.
New released vehicles frequently come with niggles and issues that come out in open once people have run in for 3-6 months.
Those may be a deal breaker.

As it is there is nowhere in the world where Revolution X engine is being used.
Something similar is in the VROD, but then its a totally different beast.

Last edited by alpha1 : 7th March 2014 at 10:58.
alpha1 is offline  
Old 7th March 2014, 11:29   #21
BHPian
 
adrena's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Agree with you. Normally I'd do the same thing. Problem is I've been waiting to change bikes for so long that my patience has worn out. First deliveries in June mean that reviews start then. As of now the booking date I've been given is 14 Sep so waiting means an entire year. In any case there is nothing else on the horizon that matches this bikes simplicity and credibility. Japs aren't bringing small cruisers into the country at this price. This is a bold move by Harley that needs support from us. This way I'm assured of some rides in the coming winter. Would love your takes on the subject and help with alternatives. I'm sick of my Avenger 180. My '96 Vespa Supremo (Cosa) cannot find spare easily and the '85 RD350 is in need of a ton of TLC for daily runs. And it guzzles fuel @ 12km/l. Waited for Bonneville's unfulfilled promises on price, delivery and finish (look for Marlon's honest Triumph Bonneville review on YouTube. Laughs guaranteed)

Her are some factors that pushed me hard:
- great vrod styling with tons of potential
- liquid cooled unstressed engine to fight Mumbai road nonsense
- feels well put together even if it is made to a cost
- will be able to do a 1000km-per-day run if need be
- simple enough to work at home
- generally lasts long enough for me to pass it on to my daughter (fingers crossed)
- cheap / economic / well priced / new market warrior / easy-on-pocket... Whatever you want to term it. Take your pick.


Like I said before, eager for your take on this.

Please refrain from suggesting anything Enfield. Never liked them. Ever.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th March 2014 at 14:01. Reason: Back to Back posts. Please refrain
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 11:36   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Adrena I think you should buy the first lot. First lot buyers generally get the best service and maximum attention from good companies. And retrofits are easily managed and comped by the company. The novelty value is also someething you cannot put a price to and if anything the prices wil just get higher later on once and if the bike catches on. And everything points to the fact that it will. What colors will it come in?

P.S. Just the Porsche-designed engine bit has completely changed my mind about the bike. Like the AVL designed Bullets.
ebonho is offline  
Old 7th March 2014, 11:56   #23
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Adrena I think you should buy the first lot. First lot buyers generally get the best service and maximum attention from good companies. And retrofits are easily managed and comped by the company. The novelty value is also someething you cannot put a price to and if anything the prices wil just get higher later on once and if the bike catches on. And everything points to the fact that it will. What colors will it come in?
I agree with Doc, Adrena. First lot of bikes are a good bet :-) [I still miss the fun from the first lot of Duke 200s - Not complaining much, since I picked one of the first D390s ]


Quote:
P.S. Just the Porsche-designed engine bit has completely changed my mind about the bike. Like the AVL designed Bullets.
I thought only the V-Rod engine was Porsche designed - Is the 750 engine also Porsche designed? - Might be a good replacement for my GT650N (wanted to to replace it with a supersport, but with Porsche designed engine, may be I can take this instead! None of the supersports are affordable, starting with the Daytona! )
sriramv.iyer is offline  
Old 7th March 2014, 12:04   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I agree with Doc, Adrena. First lot of bikes are a good bet :-) [I still miss the fun from the first lot of Duke 200s - Not complaining much, since I picked one of the first D390s ]
Add to that the fact that not only are the later 200s slower (and a trifle less manic) than the first lot ones, they also cost 25K more now (from when I bought mine). Golden rule in buying imports/foreign partnerships - buy quickly before Indian company has time to "improve" the bike and replace foreign parts with Indian alternatives.

Quote:
I thought only the V-Rod engine was Porsche designed - Is the 750 engine also Porsche designed? - Might be a good replacement for my GT650N (wanted to to replace it with a supersport, but with Porsche designed engine, may be I can take this instead! None of the supersports are affordable, starting with the Daytona! )
Yes its Porsche designed. I read a foreign article (pretty good tech details too about the engine and other stuff) which said that.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 14:45   #25
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Yes its Porsche designed. I read a foreign article (pretty good tech details too about the engine and other stuff) which said that.
Please share the article if you can find it. Thanks a lot, Doc!
sriramv.iyer is offline  
Old 7th March 2014, 15:47   #26
BHPian
 
niranjanrvce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 315
Thanked: 329 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Yes its Porsche designed. I read a foreign article (pretty good tech details too about the engine and other stuff) which said that.
Well well that makes me curious. Porsche you say? What else did the article say about the engine? I have heard conflicting reports about whether the liquid cooled 750 has more/less/same power than the air-cooled 883. If it has more, revvs more and is mated to a stiff frame - who knows, there might several Harley converts soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Might be a good replacement for my GT650N (wanted to to replace it with a supersport, but with Porsche designed engine, may be I can take this instead! None of the supersports are affordable, starting with the Daytona! )
Tell me about it. Absolutely nothing in super-sports today below 10L. However, I heard, just a rumour, that not only will the 690 come to India in 2015 but also a certain all new version of it too, that goes by some RC moniker...
niranjanrvce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 16:21   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Please share the article if you can find it. Thanks a lot, Doc!
http://roadkinguk.wordpress.com/2013...-honda-vt750s/

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/620/17...750---500.aspx

It seems Harley Davidson and Porsche have been on again off again partners for quite some time - long before the V Rod was launched in 2001.

http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/...-had-hand.html

Lots of other links too which essentially say that the Street is a toned down 60 degree V twin on the V Rod template - and then go on to the details of Porsche's involvment in the development of the V Rod. Haven't mentioned them here as they do not directly say Porsche had a hand in the Street in so many words. The articles I have linked on the other had, do say that. Hope its true. Would be great for us to then get first dibs on it at 4.5 lacs.
ebonho is offline  
Old 8th March 2014, 00:37   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

The v-rod engine was a 100% porsche creation , harley handled the chassis and aesthetic parts. It was/is called revolution engine.

The street is a direct result of the revolution engine and as such is known as revolution-X.
But this time harley didnt contact porchse but handled the job themselves with AVL being the partner as per one report(hindustan times , AVL as in the same AVL from enfield machismo).

The difference between v-rod and street engines are v-rod is dual overhead cam while street is single , and v-rod parts are casted/forged in germany and france (atleast the original v-rod engines were predominantly german made/assembled in america) while street is made in india. V-rod experts also claim the oil circulation is different in street , also the v-rod cam rockers had the bucket-shim adjustment while street will prolly have normal rocker nut-lock( if that is what they are called ).

The major issue for me though is performance , on paper accounting for the qouted fuel efficiency , it should generate 55bhp at crank at a higher rpm and thereby should be significantly faster than iron 883 which is also 40kg heavier. However HD claim iron is the faster bike , reviews say top speed is 150kph which is pathetic because even a 5 lakh worth hatchback can hit that speed if not more. No it isnt a question of whether one intends to ride at 150 or more but if that is the top speed , it also suggests the performance around 100-120kph mark and the engine tuning/engineering in general. If I'm payin 5lakh for a bike even if it is a cruiser , it will feel like a kick in the crotch if performance feels closer to a family car than a performance automobile. My guess is HD has either intentionally downtuned the bike or are lying because they dont want to say the almost 80% more costly iron is weaker than the street. The reason I feel this way is because their explanation for iron being more pwoerful was higher engine capacity. Yup they expect customers willing to shell out 5 lakhs for a motorcycle fall for that age old indian cliche. :O

Last edited by basuroy : 8th March 2014 at 00:40.
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 11:09   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

There's also a very obvious reason no one I know of has actually heard the bike yet.

Its going to not sound like a Harley from any angle.

And Harley want to delay the world finding that out till the last moment possible.
ebonho is offline  
Old 8th March 2014, 11:15   #30
BHPian
 
madbullram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai & Appleton, WI
Posts: 513
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
There's also a very obvious reason no one I know of has actually heard the bike yet.

Its going to not sound like a Harley from any angle.

And Harley want to delay the world finding that out till the last moment possible.
Thats one of the main reason i did not book. It looks to fishy that you have the bike displayed across showrooms but with no key so none can start!!!
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa parrys Superbikes & Imports 189 17th March 2014 01:59
Harley Davidson Street 500 & 750 - Made In India - Launching in 2014 dkaile Superbikes & Imports 52 17th January 2014 19:14
Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 ! kpzen Motorbikes 77 19th December 2013 19:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks