Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2016, 17:33   #1021
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 774
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I'm the owner of this thread and title will NOT change

You are welcome to start a new thread to discuss regarding Bonneville and I can edit the title to remove the unwanted reference ( discussion thread) and can close this thread

Let me know what you guys decide

Cheers
Mobike008
Suggest to continue this thread as-is
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 23:57   #1022
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 217 Times
Default re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD !!!

There is already enough info on Bonnie so let's continue this thread on. No point on starting another thread.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2016, 20:20   #1023
Senior - BHPian
 
Randhawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Brighton
Posts: 1,070
Thanked: 217 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Got my din to cigarette socket adaptor today. I am impressed by Bigbadbikes serice, ordered on Sunday by normal delivery and had it delivered today. SWMotech seems to have really good quality. Worth every penny I would say.
Randhawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:35   #1024
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 774
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

The Bonnie is a great bike for upgrades and minor DIYs, thats what I've realized.Thinking back, in my 5 months of ownership, I've already done many minor useful mods and many of them as DIY.
- Engine Dresser bar at the time of delivery
- Skid / Bash Plate at the time of delivery
- Lockable Fuel cap, placed an order with dealer and got it
- Front number plate relocation - bought from Triumph Riders India and installed as DIY
- Dual Horns (Roots Windtone) - bought locally and installed as DIY including new wiring with 4 pin relay
- Dart Flyscreen - bought online and installed as DIY
- Ignition Relocation - bought from Triumph Riders India and installed as DIY
- Tachometer addition - placed an order and installed at dealer
- Continental GT rear shocks - bought locally from RE dealer and installed as DIY

I felt all these were useful / utility addons and has taken care of many minor drawbacks of the Bonnie. It really feels like a complete bike now, almost perfect in all respects.

Hopefully, my last addition (at least for a while) would be the High Flow Silencers. Though its not a must have, I feel it will make the Bonnie sound more muscular compared to the rather muted music from the stock pipes. Will be getting it done soon, will keep you updated.
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:51   #1025
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,226
Thanked: 6,466 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

@Dinu : Wonderful to hear about your upgrades and a big kudos to you for implementing all the below listed mods as DIY

Do get the TOR silencers. It's simply fantastic. Subtle yet it completely changes the characteristics of the Bonnie. Wish I had gone for them then instead of Arrows

Now it would be awesome if you can share a few pictures ( close-ups of each DIY and pictures of your bike too). It would really help other Bonnie owners and would probably inspire them to do something similar

Cheers and Ride Safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 09:18   #1026
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 774
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Dinu : Wonderful to hear about your upgrades and a big kudos to you for implementing all the below listed mods as DIY

Do get the TOR silencers. It's simply fantastic. Subtle yet it completely changes the characteristics of the Bonnie. Wish I had gone for them then instead of Arrows

Now it would be awesome if you can share a few pictures ( close-ups of each DIY and pictures of your bike too). It would really help other Bonnie owners and would probably inspire them to do something similar

Cheers and Ride Safe !!!
Thanks. In fact, I had shared many pics in this thread
- Horn upgrade, post #941, later I just swapped the twin disc horns with Windtone
- Ignition relocation, post #943
- Rear suspension upgrade, post# 997

Latest pics of the bike is also in post# 997.

Yes, I will upgrade to TOR pretty soon, maybe the coming week
dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 15:12   #1027
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 774
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Upgraded to the High Flow Silencers from Triumph (also called TOR). My Bonnie now sounds deep and bassy the way I wanted. It sounds like an actual big capacity bike. Got it done at the dealership - 25K including labour and remap. Have uploaded the soundtrack (before and after) on youtube. However, the recording does not do justice to the actual sound which is really good especially while accelerating. The occasional pop when decelerating is also really good.

Stock Pipes


High Flow Silencers (TOR) pipes
dinu2506 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 16:12   #1028
BHPian
 
nitrogary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 129
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Upgraded to the High Flow Silencers from Triumph (also called TOR). My Bonnie now sounds deep and bassy the way I wanted. It sounds like an actual big capacity bike. Got it done at the dealership - 25K including labour and remap. Have uploaded the soundtrack (before and after) on youtube. However, the recording does not do justice to the actual sound which is really good especially while accelerating. The occasional pop when decelerating is also really good.
Yeah, you're right. The video (audio) doesn't do justice to how nice the TORs sound.

They are amazing to listen to when your biking buddy has them and s/he is ahead of you

I dislike the popping during throttle rollback and while braking so I plugged the secondary air pipe using a metal ball and held it in place using cable ties

Popping gone. I had to idle the bike for 20 mins for the idle adjustment and reset the idle using the idle screw. Bike behaves more like a carbed version and the snatchy throttle response is gone.
nitrogary is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 22:20   #1029
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,592
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Upgraded to the High Flow Silencers from Triumph (also called TOR).
High Flow Silencers (TOR) pipes
Congrats Hope you took the OE one back. Did you get the remap too?

TOR sounds best when you use the accelerator/gear right. I will try to post one when time permits.

Did a 350kms up/down trip with pillion. Had traffic and hence had to keep the TOR roaring. Pretty impressed coz we both weren't tired. I did have a slightly sore bum if I had to nitpick about the ride quality.

For records; Kept air pressure at 33for from and 38 for rear.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th April 2016 at 22:24. Reason: Removing Youtube link from quote.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 06:47   #1030
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 774
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats Hope you took the OE one back. Did you get the remap too?
Thanks JKD. The remap was done as well. Forgot to note down the map number. I was with them when they did it, saw them scrolling through the various maps which included Arrows etc. I'm assuming they chose the right one. The OE silencers are kept packed but could not take them as they were too big to be carried back in the bike. I have scheduled for Saturday for picking them up.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 11:14   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,150
Thanked: 2,626 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I did have a slightly sore bum if I had to nitpick about the ride quality.

For records; Kept air pressure at 33for from and 38 for rear.
To avoid a sore bum, get the King & Queen seat installed. It is wide and nicely shaped with adequate padding. Uber comfortable for the rider and the pillion so much that my wife caught a power nap on our return ride from Mysore a few weeks ago. Only grouse is that these are obscenely expensive at 15k.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 14:15   #1032
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 142
Thanked: 79 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
To avoid a sore bum, get the King & Queen seat installed. It is wide and nicely shaped with adequate padding. Uber comfortable for the rider and the pillion so much that my wife caught a power nap on our return ride from Mysore a few weeks ago. Only grouse is that these are obscenely expensive at 15k.
Based on a similar discussion that happened in the KNOG group, two brands were being recommended with positive feedback:-
1. Airhawk
2. rideonair

They are not gel/foam based, but made of small air cells/compartments.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th April 2016 at 14:18. Reason: excluding emoticons from quoted post
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 23:57   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,592
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Thanks JKD. The remap was done as well. Forgot to note down the map number. I was with them when they did it, saw them scrolling through the various maps which included Arrows etc. I'm assuming they chose the right one. The OE silencers are kept packed but could not take them as they were too big to be carried back in the bike. I have scheduled for Saturday for picking them up.
Ok, do collect it. Never know when you will need them.
And do try to find out which map they used and how it was selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
To avoid a sore bum, get the King & Queen seat installed. It is wide and nicely shaped with adequate padding. Uber comfortable for the rider and the pillion so much that my wife caught a power nap on our return ride from Mysore a few weeks ago. Only grouse is that these are obscenely expensive at 15k.
Pillion riding is a very rare thing and hence I save 15k
Best option is take a break every 100 kms or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Based on a similar discussion that happened in the KNOG group, two brands were being recommended with positive feedback:-
1. Airhawk
2. rideonair

They are not gel/foam based, but made of small air cells/compartments.
Can you share more details and price?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2016, 13:05   #1034
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 142
Thanked: 79 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Can you share more details and price?
rideonair is based in India and they have products with price ranging from INR 3500 to INR 5500. airhawk is priced around USD 100 to 150.

You can refer their websites for more information.
shan_ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 14:42   #1035
BHPian
 
dinu2506's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 774
Thanked: 296 Times
Default re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

A random shot taken on phone yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20160409_182034-2.jpg  

dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India. r_nairtvm Superbikes & Imports 202 28th October 2014 11:27
Triumph Bonneville - A dream come true sanketdesai82 Superbikes & Imports 28 16th April 2014 01:20
Difference between a Bonneville and Bonneville T100 BEEM3R Superbikes & Imports 4 19th September 2006 09:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks