Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 14:04   #181
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

@ebonho
Don't get me wrong , I own an '87 enfield as well (older than me ) and the fun of puttering around on it is something else. Never even considered a brand new enfield but then I was not looking for a everyday/commuter/reliable bike but a bike that stands out . I figured the new one is not that up-to date so might as well get the old one , modify it to taste and ride around in something unique . Emotions aside , the new one more reliable and delivers better performance hence my comment .
Attached Images
 
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 14:05   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,178 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
As per my information on-road Performance is not higher than the Sportster's.
Even if the top end is electronically restricted, the Street would get there faster. That's better in my book.

Quote:
It may have higher ground clearance but that doesn't make it a better cruiser.
It makes it a more comfortable bike over a wider range of surfaces, with less potential for damage to either rider or bike.

Quote:
The scope of accessorizing is pretty low with the Street and will remain so for a couple of years.
That's if you are limited to what harley provides out of the box as a ready to install solution. Most of us do not look to the manufacturer for more than the basic bike. After that the world is your oyster for what you can do or when you can get it (done) from.

Bottom line, the Street is as customizable as any other Harley. And you have a lot more cash to do it with, because you spent a lot less on the bike to start with.

Quote:
If you feel calling me names, directly or indirectly, will satisfy your ego, go ahead. But I don't see how that helps this discussion. Shouldn't our Bhpian code allow us to agree to disagree...
I'm not calling you names. Pretenders is about bikes. Uninitiated is about people. There is a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Emotions aside , the new one more reliable and delivers better performance hence my comment .

No they are not. The AVL LB/Machismos, yes. But let's not derail this Harley thread.

Last edited by ebonho : 11th April 2014 at 14:11.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 14:42   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

That's if you are limited to what harley provides out of the box as a ready to install solution. Most of us do not look to the manufacturer for more than the basic bike. After that the world is your oyster for what you can do or when you can get it (done) from.

Bottom line, the Street is as customizable as any other Harley. And you have a lot more cash to do it with, because you spent a lot less on the bike to start with.
Just my 2 cents.

Most do not look beyond the manufacturer for the only reason that they'd (dealer/manufacturer) play the "warranty" card which deters many from going beyond. The world is your oyster if one is modifying outside of the manufacturer knowing very well what he/she is getting into and not by doing something just because someone has done it..

And Yes I agree with doc, Street is quite customizable.

Dhiraj sir - Any source from where you got the information that Street is not customizable?

Thanks,
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 15:21   #184
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Whoa, some heated arguments here, just couple of points from my side.

I am up for performance and my comfort while riding a cruiser, which according to my test ride was more than satisfactory. Having said that, HOC membership, club rides and a fraternity is also a bit important to me, which remains unique to HD owners.

So please correct me if I’m wrong, I expect fair attitude and treatment by fellow HOG riders for my street 750, at least in India. Frankly speaking I can’t go beyond the street at this point of my life; maybe later I can even upgrade to a fatboy, who knows.

So at this point I feel that the bike and its timing couldn’t have been better for me.

Last edited by GTO : 14th April 2014 at 17:32. Reason: Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
abhimanyu_singh is offline  
Old 11th April 2014, 15:59   #185
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,025 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Any source from where you got the information that Street is not customizable?
I never said not customizable but less customizable. And you needn't go far to validate that. Just look into the 880 page accessories book that you must have received with the Iron to see the number of options for the Sportster and then compare it with accessories list for the Street posted a few pages back. Also reputed vendors and OE suppliers in the US like Vance & Hines, Cobra, Arlen Ness etc etc will take a few years to develop full fledged portfolio for the Street and some may skip it all together considering the numbers it may garner in the US.

Last edited by dkaile : 11th April 2014 at 16:02.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 16:20   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Whoa, some heated arguments here…just couple of points from my side…

I am up for performance and my comfort while riding a cruiser, which according to my test ride was more than satisfactory. Having said that, HOC membership, club rides and a fraternity is also a bit important to me, which remains unique to HD owners.
So please correct me if I’m wrong, I expect fair attitude and treatment by fellow HOG riders for my street 750, at least in India. Frankly speaking I can’t go beyond the street at this point of my life; maybe later I can even upgrade to a fatboy, who knows.

So at this point I feel that the bike and its timing couldn’t have been better for me.
Abhimanyu - Don't worry, Street 750 owners will not be treated as outcasts! Its a different thing if the Street 750 folks want an identity of their own and form a SHOG kinda group. <smile>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I never said not customizable but less customizable. And you needn't go far to validate that. Just look into the 880 page accessories book that you must have received with the Iron to see the number of options for the Sportster and then compare it with accessories list for the Street posted a few pages back. Also reputed vendors and OE suppliers in the US like Vance & Hines, Cobra, Arlen Ness etc etc will take a few years to develop full fledged portfolio for the Street and some may skip it all together considering the numbers it may garner in the US.
Yes sir. I agree that the options for the Sportsters are much much more than the Street. Sportsters have been there for ages now and I am sure even they didn't start off with that many accessories to begin with.
In Streets' defence, its an infant, yet to hit the roads, so there is scope for lots of stuff to come on as it develops. And US may just be one of their markets and need not be a primary market.

PS: This is with no intent to denigrate anyone or anyone's views. Just my own. Any offense is unintended and apologies in advance.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 19:24   #187
BHPian
 
adrena's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 71
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Dang... The one in white looks so cool specially with all those carbon fibre accents
Attached Images
 
adrena is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 18:52   #188
BHPian
 
Akhilash95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1397308863.302895.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  105.9 KB
Impressive figures!

PS- sorry if it has already been posted.
Akhilash95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 19:31   #189
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,890 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
Impressive figures! PS- sorry if it has already been posted.
Excellent figures. No wonder, Iron 883 didnt feel powerful when compared to the Bonnie

Based on such performance data slowly coming out, HD 750 at 3 lakhs cheaper with much better performance will become a compelling reason to buy one and get into HD fraternity

I feel if HD irons out the cosmetic and quality issues, people will start buying HD 750 and skip the Iron 883 and when ready with more cash will upgrade to bigger HD's
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 21:54   #190
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

Exactly my feeling Avi ^^
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 10:52   #191
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,890 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Exactly my feeling Avi ^^
After seeing those performance figures, Iam thinking of the unthinkable.

Iam getting an urge to buy HD 750 and who knows when I ride it and in event of liking it, I may even pick it up..
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 13:11   #192
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

http://touch.cycleworld.com/home/117807#1

check out this comparative views of Street 750 vs Iron 883 vs Yamaha Bolt
vcx is offline  
Old 13th April 2014, 14:17   #193
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default

I've been told that they are cancelling the street 500, any ideas about that?
abhimanyu_singh is offline  
Old 13th April 2014, 20:09   #194
vcx
BHPian
 
vcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 185
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

India Super bike festival , Bangalore May 10th &11th

http://m.overdrive.in/news/india-sup...ore-on-may-10/
vcx is offline  
Old 13th April 2014, 21:58   #195
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
I've been told that they are cancelling the street 500, any ideas about that?
no plans for india is the rumour .

Reason - street 500 is intentionally tuned to deliver only 33 bhp so that it qualifies as a Beginners bike abroad. Europe has a policy dictating a bike has to be rated below 34bhp to qualify as a beginner bike. The motorcycle can generate in excess of 40 bhp otherwise. There exists versions for training courses with the speed in the first and 2nd gear electronically limited as well.

In india , a beginner bike is a 100/150cc bike so the street 500 has no place in our market.
basuroy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narain Karthikeyan to test Tata Motor's Cars for ride, handling, dynamics & more arjab The Indian Car Scene 51 4th April 2014 08:15
Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa parrys Superbikes & Imports 189 17th March 2014 01:59
Harley Davidson Street 500 & 750 - Made In India - Launching in 2014 dkaile Superbikes & Imports 52 17th January 2014 19:14
Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 ! kpzen Motorbikes 77 19th December 2013 19:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks