Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 13:07   #76
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 79
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

How I really wish to buy one immediately! But Delhi roads are so unsafe any time of the day that a fear of injury in middle age scares me from buying one. I am so damn seduced by the Street 750 that I could buy it one of these days just to leave it parked in my courtyard for the pride of owning one. Unfortunately, family does not approve of bike riding either :-(
anujatwork is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 14:04   #77
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
How I really wish to buy one immediately! But Delhi roads are so unsafe any time of the day that a fear of injury in middle age scares me from buying one. I am so damn seduced by the Street 750 that I could buy it one of these days just to leave it parked in my courtyard for the pride of owning one. Unfortunately, family does not approve of bike riding either :-(
The very same reason I want to buy it now rather than later, before I'm done with my twenties. I dont want to buy this during a mid life crisis, like many VPs in my company.

I'm not really that much bothered about the braking, and not at all bothered about the wiring, fuel gauge or the rear view mirrors, but I still hope thet HD is doing something about it.

Falling a lil short of $$$, but next 2-3 months should do the trick, hopefully.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 14:05   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujatwork View Post
How I really wish to buy one immediately! But Delhi roads are so unsafe any time of the day that a fear of injury in middle age scares me from buying one. I am so damn seduced by the Street 750 that I could buy it one of these days just to leave it parked in my courtyard for the pride of owning one. Unfortunately, family does not approve of bike riding either :-(
Yeah. I understand this completely. Been yearning for a bike like this since so long and Harley has been one of my childhood dream. My last one was the evergreen RX100. But, family doesn't approves of any more bikes due to the increasing rate of bike accidents in NCR region. I envy those who are buying it. I envy those who are free to buy it now. Maybe, someday.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 13:02   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

I was at Tusker Harley today morning for a minor repair on my bike and got to see Street 750 with Screaming Eagle exhaust fitted. Oh boy the exhaust sound was amazing and definitely it was loud. Sounds very impressive compared to stock. Had a chance to hear both stock and Screaming Eagle exhaust on street 750 side by side and this add-on is a must for all those who were little disappointed with the street 750 exhaust sound. While it is not Potato Potato, it is definitely TOPATO TOPATO. This may cost you ~ 30k I suppose. Did not check the exact price.

Moreover, while I was revving both the bikes to check the sound, a Triumph Bonneville passed through in front of us - somebody was test riding it in front of Harley Showroom . Amazing timing and definitely all unplanned. Triumph Bnvl was very silent and for a second it looked like a our old Yamaha RX 100 87 model with similar seat, tank and mirror.

Check out the red color street 750 at Tusker in case you plan to visit there for a test ride or plan to pick up one in the near future.

Again if you are 6 ft then this bike seems definitely small. I am happy with my decision to go for a pre-owner SL XL 883 cancelling my street booking. I am enjoying the every bit of the ride and the time I spend to wash and polish the same over the weekends.

PS: These are my personal view and you may disagree based on your experience / perspective

Regards,

D_H
Dust_Harl is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 17:15   #80
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

^^ I've been told the same that the screaming eagle exaust would do the trick and moreover it would be a 2 into 2 exaust, right? Looking forward to hear it myself. Harley should also have a pre-owned outlet like various brands.

Any idea about street 500?? The HD india guys themselves are not clear and asked me to follow their FB pages for updates.

Last edited by abhimanyu_singh : 6th May 2014 at 17:17.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 19:50   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
I was at Tusker Harley today morning for a minor repair on my bike and got to see Street 750 with Screaming Eagle exhaust fitted. Oh boy the exhaust sound was amazing and definitely it was loud. Sounds very impressive compared to stock. Had a chance to hear both stock and Screaming Eagle exhaust on street 750 side by side and this add-on is a must for all those who were little disappointed with the street 750 exhaust sound. While it is not Potato Potato, it is definitely TOPATO TOPATO. This may cost you ~ 30k I suppose. Did not check the exact price.
Ah! I must've missed this. Will look out for this the next time I visit Tusker.

BTW - D-H - You must join us for our weekend rides.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th May 2014 at 10:37. Reason: Please dont quote an entire long paragraph for a short reply....
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:33   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
^^ I've been told the same that the screaming eagle exaust would do the trick and moreover it would be a 2 into 2 exaust, right? Looking forward to hear it myself. Harley should also have a pre-owned outlet like various brands.

Any idea about street 500?? The HD india guys themselves are not clear and asked me to follow their FB pages for updates.
No it is 2 into 1 me think from an image I saw (one of those custom street 750 being displayed at auto expo had a SE branded exhaust ). It is of similar shape as stock but smaller/shorter and has a carbon fibre finish with the screaming eagle logo branded on the side.

Street 500 in its current avatar is a dedicated training/beginner bike intentionally downgraded to 31 bhp to pass the european(and maybe american as well) norms which have different level of licenses with beginner being below 33 bhp. There is a training edition as well with rev limiter in first and second gear. No version on offer which can generate maximum power ( should be 40-45 bhp crank) - as such it won't make any sense to purchase a bike in that state of tune within india . Maybe a proper version will be released later , there is zero rumour either way on this topic right now.

Can existing harley owners please mention the service charge for their bikes ? A new street owner has been quoted 8-10k per service , I was under the impression it is normally 5-6k .

Last edited by basuroy : 6th May 2014 at 20:35.
basuroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:42   #83
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

I saw one last day. Rider knew I was behind him in a scooter and might have mistook me for another racer and hence he showed off the power when he got a stretch

Anyway, looked nice from rear. I couldnt make out what model or brand it was for sometime since it looked like a Harley but was sounded like a Honda :P Felt it looked too low at the rear too but liked it.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 23:09   #84
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
No it is 2 into 1 me think from an image I saw (one of those custom street 750 being displayed at auto expo had a SE branded exhaust ). It is of similar shape as stock but smaller/shorter and has a carbon fibre finish with the screaming eagle logo branded on the side. .
Hmmm, I thought it would be a 2 into 2, however I was told at Banjara Harley that I can get the iron 2x2 exhaust for street as well, I thought it might have been the same, since they have a screaming eagle 2x2 for iron. Nevertheless, I hope this one is also great or else I'll get the iron exhausts, 2x2 looks more awesome anyday.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 23:58   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: bareilly
Posts: 404
Thanked: 194 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

here is an image of the screaming eagle -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...reet750017.jpg

here is one with a 2-2 exhaust(looks similar to certain variants on offer for iron etc ) -

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hhBCzU4GGvI/maxresdefault.jpg
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 13:29   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 122
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

BTW - D-H - You must join us for our weekend rides.
I Will definitely join you for the weekend Ride soon Shubz. I missed the Nandhi Hills ride due to a personal commitment. I got to see some of the pics and oh! boy I suppose it was one amazing gathering of HDs and the riders. Congratulations to you on being appointed as HOG officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Hmmm, I thought it would be a 2 into 2, however I was told at Banjara Harley that I can get the iron 2x2 exhaust for street as well, I thought it might have been the same, since they have a screaming eagle 2x2 for iron. .
You may want to ask your dealer to fit an iron 883 exhaust to a test ride bike and check the performance and the sound. Since the exhausts are designed for a specific bike and engine not sure if it will hamper the performance of Street 750. Since Harley accessories cost a bomb, pls. make an informed decision or wait for your bike to complete an year before some of these mods. Do check if adding Iron 883 or screaming eagle exhaust would void the standard warranty of the bike. I was told it would and you may not have a chance to claim warranty in case of any unforeseen issues with the bike.

Happy Riding and Ride Safe!

Regards,
D_H
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 13:54   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,332
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

hideous looking harley.

I dont understand these guys? why work backwards? why make a bike to fit a cost. Because this looks exactly like that. When one see the bike - the loose ends, the panel gaps, short electircal sleeves - this is a clear sign of the big boys at the company telling the team - lets make a cheap bike for the 'developing nation'.

@4 lacs this still is an expensive two wheeler. Whether you would shell out that amount for a sub standard Harley is ones call to be honest.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 17:54   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
Urban_Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,329
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Peeps - Do check out the wonderful reviews of the 750 from Powerdrift and Overdrive on YouTube; if not seen already.

Schumi can throw a bike around corners alright. One of the better reviews out there Wayyyyyyy better than that NDTV / Autocar crap.

BTW - Time spent talking about Wires / Plastics / Aesthetics - Around 10 sec
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 19:29   #89
BHPian
 
abhimanyu_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hyderbad/Delhi
Posts: 185
Thanked: 102 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Peeps - Do check out the wonderful reviews of the 750 from Powerdrift and Overdrive on YouTube; if not seen already.

Schumi can throw a bike around corners alright. One of the better reviews out there Wayyyyyyy better than that NDTV / Autocar crap.

BTW - Time spent talking about Wires / Plastics / Aesthetics - Around 10 sec
Ya man, i'm deeply in love with this bike, dont care about the wires and all. Despite it being low, i found it more comfortable than the sportsters (personal fit I guess). Still no word regarding the braking issue, HD people wont comment.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 19:47   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,799
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Ya man, i'm deeply in love with this bike, dont care about the wires and all. Despite it being low, i found it more comfortable than the sportsters (personal fit I guess). Still no word regarding the braking issue, HD people wont comment.
Abhimanyu - what about braking bro? I guess I missed something here. Is it the lack of bite on the brakes? and were expecting the dealer/HD say/do something about it?

I know for a fact that brakes are inadequate - at least on the fresh new bikes off the block. But not sure about bikes that have run a bit. May be I can check over the weekend ride as Streets have started joining the rides.
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley Davidson Street 750 - Ownership Review rakesh_S Superbikes & Imports 110 25th November 2017 14:10
Scoop Pics : Unidentified Cruiser spotted Testing. EDIT: Harley-Davidson Street 750 ! kpzen Motorbikes 77 19th December 2013 19:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks