Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 25th March 2017, 16:30   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville: Yet another Bonnie story from the heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks for the reply guys.

Managed to source a set of Michelin Pilot Street tires for my bike. Rear tire is now 140-70-17.

The set cost me INR 10,400/-
Where did you get it done? Did they realign the chain? Would appreciate some photos if possible
dinu2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 19:04   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Where did you get it done? Did they realign the chain? Would appreciate some photos if possible
Got the wheels removed and refitted at the service centre. Tires were installed at a dealer nearby. They aligned the chain too.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 19:33   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the wheels removed and refitted at the service centre. Tires were installed at a dealer nearby. They aligned the chain too.
how much did they charge for it?
I gotta check if 150's did lower my bike. I rarely do doubles and hence isnt and issue even if it did.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 09:59   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
how much did they charge for it?
I gotta check if 150's did lower my bike. I rarely do doubles and hence isnt and issue even if it did.
900 bucks per wheel for removing and refitting. I also got the front forks aligned, cone set checked, air filter cleaned and throttle bodies balanced. The factory fitted tires were worn unevenly with one side of the front tire worn more. The service guys said this is a normal phenomenon with the Bonneville's given its stiff frame/chassis, but I still wanted to get them to check for any issues on the fork/cone set.

My bike has the TOR pipes and it was fluttering a little more than normal. Balancing the throttle bodies has resolved the issue and the bike is a lot smoother now, even in city traffic conditions.

150/60 vs. 130/80 would reduce the GC by 10mm.
Old 31st March 2017, 13:50   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
900 bucks per wheel for removing and refitting.
Aditya did they balance the wheel at the tyre shop ? Are you aware of it ?

If they did, it will be good info here as there are lot of questions on places that do MC wheel balancing, in general and about Bangalore in particular.

I remember Mr Prasanna (Keerti GM) saying that they have an arrangement to do the wheel balancing.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 15:12   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Aditya did they balance the wheel at the tyre shop ? Are you aware of it ?

If they did, it will be good info here as there are lot of questions on places that do MC wheel balancing, in general and about Bangalore in particular.

I remember Mr Prasanna (Keerti GM) saying that they have an arrangement to do the wheel balancing.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
No Ram, the tire dealer (Sai Iyengar) and Keerthi do not have any equipment for wheel balancing. I will check with Prasanna on this though.
Old 31st March 2017, 19:50   #157
BHPian

Quote:
No Ram, the tire dealer (Sai Iyengar) and Keerthi do not have any equipment for wheel balancing. I will check with Prasanna on this though.
It's very hard to get motorcycle tyres balanced in India. I'm Bombay, no one seems to do it.
djpeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 12:28   #158
BHPian

Hi guys. Planning to change to new tyres. As stock metzelers are very difficult to procure....and the fact that i intend to try wider rear tyres i have zeroed down to Michelin pilot street 150 60 R. Could users who have switched to this tyre share the experience in regards to road grip, wet road grip and handling as compared to metz
argchoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 15:57   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Hi guys. Planning to change to new tyres. As stock metzelers are very difficult to procure....and the fact that i intend to try wider rear tyres i have zeroed down to Michelin pilot street 150 60 R. Could users who have switched to this tyre share the experience in regards to road grip, wet road grip and handling as compared to metz
Metezlers have supreme grip in dry conditions and fairly good in wet. But, not that great in gravel conditions

Michelins have a wonderful combined performance and you cannot go wrong with this choice

Cherry on top-They last way longer than the Metz
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2017, 17:16   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Metezlers have supreme grip in dry conditions and fairly good in wet. But, not that great in gravel conditions

Michelins have a wonderful combined performance and you cannot go wrong with this choice

Cherry on top-They last way longer than the Metz
Thanks. Also lots of difference in cost. Stock Metzelers being sold at 8k front, 13.7rear + 2k labour charges at dealership.
argchoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 13:20   #161

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys.

Managed to source a set of Michelin Pilot Street tires for my bike. Rear tire is now 140-70-17.

The set cost me INR 10,400/-
Can you share where you bought these in Bangalore? I am looking for the rear tire as well.
Thanks.
int3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 17:34   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
Can you share where you bought these in Bangalore? I am looking for the rear tire as well.
Thanks.
Sai Iyengar on Lalbagh road, just before the RE showroom on the right side. Please call them in advance and ask them to keep the tires ready. I called and they arranged for the set from their Indiranagar outlet.
Old 15th September 2017, 22:09   #163

Quote:
Sai Iyengar on Lalbagh road, just before the RE showroom on the right side. Please call them in advance and ask them to keep the tires ready. I called and they arranged for the set from their Indiranagar outlet.
Thanks n_aditya. I will talk to them. I also checked with the Triumph Service, they have stock of the Metzelers now.
int3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 23:13   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
Thanks n_aditya. I will talk to them. I also checked with the Triumph Service, they have stock of the Metzelers now.
You can also get them online. Amazon has stock.
http://amzn.to/2x8o0ZL

I got a pair of Pirelli Sports Demon from Amazon for my Bonneville. Way cheaper than the stock Metzelers and it has been great in all conditions. I see no point in buying Metzelers unless you are absolutely intent in going OEM.
ranjitnair77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2017, 08:43   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
I got a pair of Pirelli Sports Demon from Amazon for my Bonneville. Way cheaper than the stock Metzelers and it has been great in all conditions. I see no point in buying Metzelers unless you are absolutely intent in going OEM.
+1

I've moved to PSDs too and have used them for nearly 5k kms; would recommend them over the Metzs whose prices seem daylight robbery compared to the Michelin and Pirellis. I've not used the Michelins but have only heard good reviews.

Cheers
Sting
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote