Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 6th November 2017, 13:22   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200

Came back from GSTrophy 2017 30th Oct, it was fun to learn what this BIG GS can do offroad! Here is a good report on all days including the finals on xbhp.com linking here for others interested. https://www.xbhp.com/enduro-qualifiers-bmw/

You can see me on many of the images, including my bike 1200 doing few of the obstacles. You can see on the first line on the flag off photos. My bike was MH31 EV 1200 with tag number 04. Good to see myself on number of other photos.

You can spot me photo number 9, third from left( directly infront of marshal), photo 14 - 3rd from left, obstacles 4 first photo.

Learned a lot, atleast now I know the basics and do understand what it takes to get these bike off the path and how then are going to respond, need to start practicing more to make it a way of riding!

-Pramod

PS: The complete TV coverage was on channel WION program clalled pitstop . You can see me there too ;-)

Last edited by pramods : 6th November 2017 at 13:32. Reason: TV coverage added, added tag to identifiy myself on photos
pramods is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 07:32   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200: The "Big Tiger" exploring Indian roads! EDIT: Now on the BMW R1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Here is a good report on all days including the finals on xbhp.com linking here for others interested.
Nice event! The site has covered it properly as well. Good to see a manufacturer offer such sessions which teaches a lot of stuff, rather than simply just trying to rake in publicity by conducting breakfast rides around town.

There is a debate going on (currently and always) about the usability of such big machines off-road. After attending the event - what do you feel about taking the biggest of such motorcycles in such an offroading scenario? Would you have preferred a lighter machine instead?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th November 2017 at 07:34.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 09:01   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
... what do you feel about taking the biggest of such motorcycles in such an offroading scenario? Would you have preferred a lighter machine instead?
I would still take R1200GS, this is my "personal opinion". I am not into motocross, and would not be doing those technical offroad all days, but if a situation comes I would be able to take this bike to handle those "limited" offroad condition.
Irrespective of the weight these bikes can take everything "provided" you know what and how to do it.

This training was more about letting you know the basics and how to handle these big bike in those situations technically.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote