Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 11:59   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Glad you are ok Djay. Must have really stung (more than your wrist) to see your bike on the ground.
Dont Kawasaki sell any of the protectors that you are looking for? Frame sliders, engine protector etc?!If its not too painful, please post some pictures of the damage. You can go to 3M and maybe they can buff out some of the scratches and scrapes.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 12:28   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Sorry to hear of your fall buddy, but glad that it was a minor incident. Brush off and carry on, frame sliders should be added. Also did the engine shut off work when the bike fell?
Engine did not shut off since bike did not fall on ground. It was like some portion of handle bar end & tank portion was resting on short compound wall
Bike has a fall sensor which will shut off engine when bike falls on ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Glad you are ok Djay. Must have really stung (more than your wrist) to see your bike on the ground.
Dont Kawasaki sell any of the protectors that you are looking for? Frame sliders, engine protector etc?!If its not too painful, please post some pictures of the damage. You can go to 3M and maybe they can buff out some of the scratches and scrapes.
Kawasaki do not sell any accessories like sliders, protectors at the moment but a lot of R&G Racing products like frame sliders, fork protectors, bar end weights, radiator guard along with Akra and Two brothers exhaust, sprockets, brake pads etc are available with Performance Racing Mumbai.
Have attached a pdf document containing list of accessories along with pricing information forwarded by PRS store. Shipping charges are extra.

You can also import lot of stuff from ebay.com & ebay.co.uk

I wish Kawasaki starts selling accessory the way triumph does it.
Will post a pic of damages shortly.
I am visiting Kawasaki service centre tomorrow to get frame sliders fixed. Planning to get chain cleaning/lubing done.

Any idea where can i get 3M paint film installed in Bangalore.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kawasaki Z800.pdf (2.76 MB, 583 views)

Last edited by djay99 : 19th September 2014 at 12:31.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 12:48   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I wish Kawasaki starts selling accessory the way triumph does it.
Will post a pic of damages shortly.
I am visiting Kawasaki service centre tomorrow to get frame sliders fixed. Planning to get chain cleaning/lubing done.

Any idea where can i get 3M paint film installed in Bangalore.
Hi Djay - have you checked the Isle of Man store in Marathahalli? They have some accessories for Dukes (definitely) and Kawasaki's (maybe). Apparently all the Kwackers were parked in their showroom until the main showroom in 100ft road was open. So a definite link to each other I would say. They also have a bikers lounge so lots of bikes are seen there on a sat-sun evening.

Here's their FB page Isle of Man

They have this gel that can be filled in the tyres which helps in resisting punctures to a large extent. Lot of jackets, boots, LS-2 helmets, Ixil exhausts etc.

As for the 3M paint film. When the Kawasaki Indiranagar showroom is on your left, go further down the road past the CMH traffic signal about a KM and on your right is the 3M showroom after south indies restaurant. They will do it for you.
Fullrevs is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 13:27   #49
BHPian
 
hifisharu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 257
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

I want to get the Paint Protection Film (PPF) done too, especially on the rear tails, they've been scuffed by the saddle bags I've used on long rides. Also, I got a pair of new riding boots yesterday, should be careful with the first few days, very sad to hear what happened with your shoes :(
hifisharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 13:43   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: DXB/ BOM
Posts: 60
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Congratulations on having your dreams come true.

Quite unfortunate with the stupid Triumph dealership. People very well know, most of the sales are closed with good service along with a good product.
Only being a good product does not sell., hope dealerships learn soon.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 13:43   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Hi Djay - have you checked the Isle of Man store in Marathahalli?
Thanks Fullrevs for details. I will check with Isleofman and 3M store. BTW there is a 3M store in JP Nagar 2nd phase. I will check with them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
I want to get the Paint Protection Film (PPF) done too, especially on the rear tails, they've been scuffed by the saddle bags I've used on long rides. Also, I got a pair of new riding boots yesterday, should be careful with the first few days, very sad to hear what happened with your shoes :(
Please be careful when riding with new boots. I would advise you to wear them and ride some thing else (not ST) for some time till you get comfortable. Will let you know about PPF as i am planning to visit 3M store tomorrow. BTW where do you stay in Bangalore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
Congratulations on having your dreams come true.
Thanks Shetty.

Last edited by djay99 : 19th September 2014 at 13:45.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 13:57   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I am visiting Kawasaki service centre tomorrow to get frame sliders fixed. Planning to get chain cleaning/lubing done.

Any idea where can i get 3M paint film installed in Bangalore.
Auto Service in Banashankari industrial area will do the PPF installation for you. Contact Mr. Venkat Shyam and you can refer me if required.

Here is a thread (3M Launches Paint Protection Films for Two Wheelers under the 3M Bike Care Umbrella.) that might help and here are directions to reach Auto Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
I want to get the Paint Protection Film (PPF) done too, especially on the rear tails, they've been scuffed by the saddle bags I've used on long rides.
Call Venkat and get the PPF installed, Sharath. If you are getting it done at the tank area where the knees grip the tank, I would suggest installing Stomp Grips as they not only provide protection to the tank from scuffs but also allow you to grip the tank without sliding off the seat under hard braking. See this for more info.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 19:20   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 68
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
Z800 now available in Green and Black.

Source: Kawasaki Showroom, Bangalore FB page.
Visited the Kawasaki Indiranagar Showroom today. The Green Black Z800 is still on the way.Should be in the showroom by Monday 22nd Sep
They also said 4Bikes are on the way and all of them have been sold already

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Engine did not shut off since bike did not fall on ground. It was like some portion of handle bar end & tank portion was resting on short compound wall
Bike has a fall sensor which will shut off engine when bike falls on ground.
Sad to hear about the mishap djay. I can understand how heart breaking it would have been to see the Bike down and the gash. But glad to know that you are ok


Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Any idea where can i get 3M paint film installed in Bangalore.
There is a 3M store in JP Nagar itself. Did you visist the place? Have been hearing all good things about the place so far
Also can someone please let me know since the Z800 shade is a smoky black like a sort of matt finish, can the paint protection be done for matt finish as well or is it only for glossy finish?
rashreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 17:59   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Got R&G Racing frame sliders installed. Kawasaki guys installed them. Will upload more pics later.

Product: R&G Frame Sliders for Z800
Purchased from Performance Racing Store, Mumbai
Cost: 8800 Including shipping
Installation Charges: 500
Attached Images
 
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 19:09   #55
BHPian
 
hifisharu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 257
Thanked: 601 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Got R&G Racing frame sliders installed. Kawasaki guys installed them. Will upload more pics later.

Product: R&G Frame Sliders for Z800
Purchased from Performance Racing Store, Mumbai
Cost: 8800 Including shipping
Installation Charges: 500
Awesome, better to have frame protectors always, did you get the Ppf too?
hifisharu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2014, 20:27   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Awesome, better to have frame protectors always, did you get the Ppf too?
I could not visit 3M store/Auto service today because of office work
Hopefully will get them installed next weekend. Also registration is pending which i am planning to do next week end.

I will join you for a ride next time as i am working tomorrow
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 22:14   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Update:
It was a cool climdate this morning and i went out for a ride till chandapur. Covered 80KM today. Current odo is 497KM.
Another 300KM and i can rev her upto 6000RPM (125KMPH in 6th gear).

Some more pics:
My Zee @ Kawasaki service centre
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140920_115606optimized.jpg

With big brothers
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140920_115631optimized.jpg

Myself with riding gear
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140914_090710optimized.jpg

On E-city elevated flyover
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140921_083253optimized.jpg

A closer look at R&G Racing frame sliders
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140921_083313optimized.jpg
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140921_083318optimized.jpg

Scratches visible on left wing cover and cowl.
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140921_083346optimized.jpg

Closer look. Planning to get cowl replaced in coming days or apply fancy sticker.
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-20140921_083354optimized.jpg
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:32   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Closer look. Planning to get cowl replaced in coming days or apply fancy sticker.
If you're planning on getting the scratch covered up through a sticker job, you can visit the 3M store as suggested and ask them to use the carbon fiber vinyl. This will look nice in addition to covering up the scratches.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 15:32   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Update:
It was a cool climdate this morning and i went out for a ride till chandapur. Covered 80KM today. Current odo is 497KM.
Another 300KM and i can rev her upto 6000RPM (125KMPH in 6th gear
Nice pictures Djay. At what time yesterday were you on elevated highway?! I too had gone for a 85km ride and was at the entrance to elevated highway from the hosur road exit. Stood right at where the B-road merges to the elevated highway.
Fullrevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:59   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Nice pictures Djay. At what time yesterday were you on elevated highway?! I too had gone for a 85km ride and was at the entrance to elevated highway from the hosur road exit. Stood right at where the B-road merges to the elevated highway.
Thanks Fullrevs. I was riding on E-City flyover at around 8:30AM.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000 //M Superbikes & Imports 37 9th January 2017 13:40
Kawasaki Z800 unveiled, heading to India and now Launched. Edit - New color scheme for 2016 _raVan_ Superbikes & Imports 28 8th October 2016 20:25
My Mean Green 2015 Kawasaki Z800 TheCelestial Superbikes & Imports 125 22nd September 2016 10:23
Zee Sports haryan Shifting gears 1 9th May 2005 10:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks