Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 30th October 2014, 12:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Mean Green 2015 Kawasaki Z800

Nice photos Celestial. Nav is always good with his photography skills and great to have on rides just for that.

Couldn't help noticing though that your speed into one of the corners was 40 odd kmph ..... though I know you said your were taking it easy.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 12:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Nice photos Celestial. Nav is always good with his photography skills and great to have on rides just for that.

Couldn't help noticing though that your speed into one of the corners was 40 odd kmph ..... though I know you said your were taking it easy.
Yup was still getting used to the throttle control and the general nervousness with being astride a big bike around corners :( . I was feeling much more confident on my second ride to Lavasa though.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 12:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Yup was still getting used to the throttle control and the general nervousness with being astride a big bike around corners :( . I was feeling much more confident on my second ride to Lavasa though.
Look forward to catching up and riding with you once I get my next bike.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:13   #49
BHPian

Talked to Kawasaki Pune about available accessories.

1. Tankpads - 1500.
2. Radiator Guard - R&G - 7000
3. Frame Sliders - R&G - 8000
4. Paddock Stand - Kraftework - 2000
5. Paddock Stand - R&G - 4500
6. Windscreen - Puig - Forgot the price :-(
7. Swingarm Spools - R&G - 3200

They also provide slipons:

TBR - 45000
Racefit Growler - 65000

Surprisingly, the showroom guy said it wont affect warranty at all. But recommended to fit only after 1000 kms.
TheCelestial is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 14:25   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Tankpads - 1500.

TBR - 45000
Racefit Growler - 65000

Surprisingly, the showroom guy said it wont affect warranty at all. But recommended to fit only after 1000 kms.
Only 2k for the Kraftwerk paddock stand? That's a steal.

Slip-on pipes are obscenely priced and way too expensive. I can understand if its dual pipes but why so much for one piece? The dual pipes for the busa cost around this much.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 14:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Where exactly in Pune would this be available?
Old 31st October 2014, 22:18   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Only 2k for the Kraftwerk paddock stand? That's a steal.

Slip-on pipes are obscenely priced and way too expensive. I can understand if its dual pipes but why so much for one piece? The dual pipes for the busa cost around this much.
Any idea where I can get cheaper ones? I mean in India. Bachoo and PRS seemed to quote similar figures. I could check on ebay but not sure how import duties work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Where exactly in Pune would this be available?
Kawasaki Wakdewadi.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 22:43   #53
BHPian

I don't know about you, but I feel the Daytona doesn't need aftermarket mufflers, it's sweet-sounding out of the box. I can't say I dislike the Arrow, which is the only "approved" non-factory exhaust by Triumph India, but the stock sounded better to my ears, and I'm neither looking for extra attention, nor to wake up the dead from their final resting place with loud pipes

I think I might buy a paddock stand from Kraftweke instead, the others charge what I think is excessive for a simple non-exotic metal tubing welded together to hold up a bike.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 10:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I don't know about you, but I feel the Daytona doesn't need aftermarket mufflers, it's sweet-sounding out of the box. I can't say I dislike the Arrow, which is the only "approved" non-factory exhaust by Triumph India, but the stock sounded better to my ears, and I'm neither looking for extra attention, nor to wake up the dead from their final resting place with loud pipes

I think I might buy a paddock stand from Kraftweke instead, the others charge what I think is excessive for a simple non-exotic metal tubing welded together to hold up a bike.
All i3/i4 bikes sound great on stock. Just that they are not loud. I dont have any immediate plans for a slip-on.
TheCelestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 11:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With castors and rubber padding
Old 3rd November 2014, 09:59   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea where I can get cheaper ones? I mean in India.
There are tons of companies that market their wares through social media such as facebook. But prices will be on the higher side considering import duties and taxes. Best bet is to get it from abroad through a friend or relative.

Quote:
I don't know about you, but I feel the Daytona doesn't need aftermarket mufflers, it's sweet-sounding out of the box.
. I happened to meet a friend on a ride over the weekend. His DaytonaR was clearly audible from a distance. A slip-on will definitely make it a lot louder. The Z800 though is very silent and I could barely hear it when it whizzed past me.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 21:47   #57
BHPian

Yes, we encountered a Z800 on a ride, at low RPM it's very quiet - so much so that people around didn't even take note that there as a big bike among them; didn't get to hear it at higher rpm (6000+), but the 675 is loud enough for my ears. After-market pipe is a rather low priority upgrade as of now. Still waiting for engine protector covers to arrive.

Yes, Doc - with castors/wheels and suitable padding - but end of the day, it's a detachable main stand. A P220 main stand costs less than INR 1000 and holds up well enough for a 150kg bike. A heavier bike may require a better, heavier duty stand, but 8k and more? I did hear/read Suzuki asks for INR 5000 or 7000 for the Inazuma main stand.

Last edited by Ricci : 4th November 2014 at 21:54.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2014, 19:32   #58
BHPian

ODO : 2200 km.

Have had a chance to take the bike to all sorts of places. Here are the updated observations :

1. I think there is much ado about nothing concerning Z800's weight. The only time you feel the weight is when you have to physically move it. At all other times its as effortless as anything. The bike is very agile and an absolute joy in the corners. I have no trouble with U-turns or sharp hairpins or switchbacks. Infact, I have dont have much trouble switching between my D200 and Z800. The only difference I feel is the lack of power and refinement when astride the Duke.

2. The suspension is absolute magic. Over bumpy roads, I am more comfortable on the Z than my D200.

3. Windblast can be really bad if you are riding upwind and but somewhat manageable in less windy conditions. Still better to have a windscreen for long distance touring.

4. Currently only using normal unleaded fuel or Shell Super if available. Dont feel any difference between the two when riding.

5. The bike has become more refined only slight vibes around 6K RPM but they disappear soon.

6. Bumpy corners can be tricky as the rear tends to bounce around a bit. I guess this is a tradeoff with the better ride quality. I think increasing the preload should help things a bit.

7. Still havent had a chance to ride in the night to check out the illumination. Should happen soon.

8. I have gotten used to the brakes. They have a strong albeit sudden bite.

On a lighter note, it seems a neighbourhood cat has made the Z800's seat its bed for the cold nights. I got the shock of my life (as did the cat) after I removed the covers when leaving for a ride on a morning. Although, there was no damage. I am concerned the cat may damage the tank paint or the seat. For now, I wind the cover really tightly about the bike to prevent it from getting up there.
TheCelestial is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 12:04   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a lighter note, it seems a neighbourhood cat has made the Z800's seat its bed for the cold nights. I got the shock of my life (as did the cat) after I removed the covers when leaving for a ride on a morning. Although, there was no damage. I am concerned the cat may damage the tank paint or the seat. For now, I wind the cover really tightly about the bike to prevent it from getting up there.
Actually for any bike lover there is nothing light or cute about cats. As a dog (and bike) lover, I despise them greatly. Sadly I have many around my place, and they breed like ..... cats. To complicate issues I have a dog as well, who even though is 2 now, still thinks he is a puppy and likes to bite and tear stuff. Especially when frustrated that he cannot get to the cats before they climb out of his clumsy reach.

So I've had the seat of my test 390 ripped to shreds (very sheepish red face explanatons to Bajaj thereafter). And cat claw pin holes in my Bullets seat rexine (which had to be changed). Not to mention to bike garge covers ripped to shreds by my dog (and/or some of his local galli friends) bacause the cat/s were hiding under them, and these bozos were trying to get at them.

So what I do is cover my bikes with a cloth. Then cover them with a garage cover. Then place old heavy magazines over the cover on the seat and the tank and the headlight/instrument nacelle areas, as weights, so that there is no dead space (for cozy feline cuddling and sleeping and misc house making) between the inside of the cover and the bike.

That seems to have solved the problem. Seems cats like their creature comforts, and sleeping in the engine bay area or near the wheels is not for them.

Good! I am not running a dharmshala for the lousy critters.

Last edited by ebonho : 10th November 2014 at 12:27.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 12:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:

1. Tankpads - 1500.

TBR - 45000
Racefit Growler - 65000

I had spoken with the resident Kawasaki Service Engineer for Delhi, Tarun Khanna, before I bought my Z1000 and he was very specific that slipons/full systems would result in the warranty being rendered void. So I'm guessing that if you do decide to go for a modification of this sort at some point, it may be better to get confirmation from India Kawasaki Motors instead of the dealers (which are, in the end, separate entities, and in it for the sales). I would not be surprised if the showroom guy simply backtracked in the event of any issues at a later stage.

I have to say that the prices they quoted do seem reasonable. Having paid 26k for a 'Kawasaki' shroud slider and 10k for a gearbox slider (which is essentially a piece of plastic stuck on with double sided tape), I'm thinking these prices are really reasonable!
Brocklock is offline   Reply With Quote