Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2014, 12:00   #61
BHPian

Default Re: DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India

DSK Motowheels seems to be on a roll. According to Autocarpro.in, the company is bringing in other brands from the Chinese Qianjiang group (who are the owners of Benelli worldwide). DSK and Qianjiang have apparently decided more or less to bring the Keeway brand of two wheelers apart from Benelli, which they are bringing anyway. Keeway is an internationally known premium brand of Qianjiang. The first product identified for probable India launch is the 250cc V-twin cruiser the Blackster.

Shirish Kulkarni of DSK Motowheels is also to having said that they will look into bring in other Keeway products including a small capacity road motorcycle and scooters. He is gung-ho about the 250 cc segment claiming that even the Hyosungs that are selling are in that segment. Interesting development this. One thing is for sure, there is no parallel to what DSK is doing in India. One has to wait and see which things fall.
Attached Images

Last edited by Aditya : 24th December 2014 at 12:56. Reason: Adding link to source
sadsack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 12:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
The Benelli BN 600GT / TNT 600GT is powered by a 600cc, in-line 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 16 valve, DOHC petrol motor producing 82 BHP of power @ 11,000 RPM and 55 Nm of torque @ 8,000 RPM. Peak power is produced exactly where the redline begins. Engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox coupled with a wet clutch. The engine although a similar layout compared to the BN 600i / TNT 600i, power and torque figures differ a bit. The 600i produces 82 BHP of power @ 11,500 RPM and 52 Nm of torque @ 10,500 RPM, which means peak power on the 600GT is produced 500 RPM lower and the peak torque is higher than 3 Nm and is available at 2,500 RPM lower.
This is one motorcycle I am looking out for. I like touring and this one comes close to my requirements. It is more of a sports touring motorcycle but can do some mild adventure touring with a different set of tyres. The absense of ABS and adjustable shockups is not justified on such a powerful motorcycle. Nevertheless the specs do look impressive especially the butter smooth inline 4 and a marvellous gearbox. It is the pricing that will matter the most. Thank you Parrys for reviewing this.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 24th December 2014 at 12:34. Reason: grammatical correction
Old 24th December 2014, 12:43   #63
BHPian

Can anyone share how DSK has been faring in terms of support for the bikes it already sells in India? Thanks.
Old 24th December 2014, 13:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
DSK Motowheels seems to be on a roll. According to Autocarpro.in, the company is bringing in other brands from the Chinese Qianjiang group (who are the owners of Benelli worldwide). DSK and Qianjiang have apparently decided more or less to bring the Keeway brand of two wheelers apart from Benelli, which they are bringing anyway. Keeway is an internationally known premium brand of Qianjiang. The first product identified for probable India launch is the 250cc V-twin cruiser the Blackster.

Shirish Kulkarni of DSK Motowheels is also to having said that they will look into bring in other Keeway products including a small capacity road motorcycle and scooters. He is gung-ho about the 250 cc segment claiming that even the Hyosungs that are selling are in that segment. Interesting development this. One thing is for sure, there is no parallel to what DSK is doing in India. One has to wait and see which things fall.

Not sure how great an idea it would be to have a pure Chinese brand (basically 99% are clones or wannabe clones of some other reputed brand) rolled out for the Indian market. Btw the Indian bike market in the 250 cc segment is indeed a fairly mature market and I doubt if a 250 buyer would want to plonk his money on a Chinese bike atleast in Tier 1 and 2 cities coz 250 in India is not just a commuter to get you from Point A to Point B, it does have a fair bit more for the biker in terms of image, styling, touring, performance etc. Dont know how the buyers in the interior parts of the country would respond to such a chinese bike probably if priced cheaply!

For DSK, its a different thing if some of the Benelli bikes have chinese parts or manufacturing involved, but still the Benelli brand (and Italian styling to some extent) and the bike's reliability for India (when proved) coupled with mouth watering price probably 'CAN' set the sales chart rolling. So dont know if its worth taking the gamble on a chinese brand at the same time when they have to get a foothold for the Benelli brand itself in the Indian market. Its surely not like a Duster & Terrano scenario which come from world renowned brands, its a lot different with a 100% chinese brand.

All said I still give marks to DSK for moving forward in the performance bike sector

Last edited by Haroon : 24th December 2014 at 13:10.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:13   #65
BHPian

I am posting a picture of sundry Benelli motorcycles, mainly the TNT series it seems. I have taken it from Motoroids.com and I don't know if this is from the Indian DSK facility. What is interesting is the presence of a scooter in the background. Looks closely like the aborted Aravinda Benelli scooter of the late 1980s. Does this mean that there is a possibility of a Benelli scooter or maybe a Keeway scooter coming into DSK Benelli showrooms? I do not think DSK would want to ignore the burgeoning scooter market in India.
Attached Images

Old 31st December 2014, 00:44   #66
BHPian

Aggressive exhaust note . I watched the video just now over a dozen time listening to that note .

basuroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 18:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

[quote=basuroy;3613002]Aggressive exhaust note . I watched the video just now over a dozen time listening to that note .

That's an aftermarket exhaust.

DSK hasn't decided yet if they should offer aftermarket accessories for the Benelli brand.
Old 2nd January 2015, 22:09   #68
BHPian

I wonder why the Benellis don't list ABS yet, they have part of the hardware in place already, the sensor which I expect is the most expensive component. The ABS electronic module itself shouldn't be too costly. The TNT899, BN600i and BN600GT all have rear ABS sensor+wire already, the ABS pulsar ring is missing.

I don't have any good images of the front brake, but will try to visit the showroom in person as I suppose it must have opened by now - they said they'll be opening in December.
Attached Thumbnails
DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benellibn600gttnt600gtreview39.jpg  

DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India-benellibn600itnt600ireview48.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th January 2015, 20:18   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I wonder why the Benellis don't list ABS yet, they have part of the hardware in place already, the sensor which I expect is the most expensive component. The ABS electronic module itself shouldn't be too costly. The TNT899, BN600i and BN600GT all have rear ABS sensor+wire already, the ABS pulsar ring is missing.

I don't have any good images of the front brake, but will try to visit the showroom in person as I suppose it must have opened by now - they said they'll be opening in December.
That's a wheel speed sensor, not an ABS sensor.
Old 7th January 2015, 23:08   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
That's a wheel speed sensor, not an ABS sensor.
Yes, the ABS sensor measures the wheel speed - but the critical part - the pulsar ring is missing, isn't it? I don't think the disc carrier itself has enough segments to get enough readings per revolution.

Moreover, big bikes have their speed sensor at the gearbox shaft rather than either of the wheels, unless (and I doubt this is the case) Benelli chose to go back to the old system of measuring the speed at the hub itself.

When my Daytona had ABS issues, the speed was still displayed on the dashboard, so ABS isn't the only source of speed measurement, at least on the Daytona. But then, it does have a front wheel sensor as well, unlike these Benellis from what I could figure in the photos.
Old 7th January 2015, 23:13   #71
BHPian

Any idea when will they be scheduled to arrive here.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

The bookings would be opened from the 10th of March and deliveries are expected to begin from the 19th of March ! I am planning to book the TNT 300 here in Chennai and will go ahead if the ex-showroom price stays below 2.7 L
Old 27th February 2015, 13:53   #73
BHPian

In Bangalore it seems the people who own the Skoda dealership will handle Benelli.
Old 27th February 2015, 16:12   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
In Bangalore it seems the people who own the Skoda dealership will handle Benelli.
Ahem, let's keep fingers crossed for Benelli's sake.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 19:43   #75
BHPian

Few more days for the launch . Anybody got any info on the pricing?
Closed Thread