Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 12th March 2015, 11:36   #91
BHPian

Default Re: DSK Motowheels to bring Benelli Motorcycles to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I doubt that. The pricing of the 600i is enough to dent the sales of any superbikes in the 5-8 lakh range. Most people looking for a first superbike have just 1 criteria - an inline 4 engine. A 600i for 6.5 lakhs OTR means you save atleast 2-3 lakhs over the Z800/Striple. All that saving can be used to :
- Buy accessories
- Buy riding gear
- Service / Maintenance of the bike for atleast 2-3 years.
+1 - Completely agree

Quote:
I would say most buyers looking for a N650 would tilt their decision in favor of the 600i.
Completely agree here as well

Quote:
It will also be a good VFM compared to the Z800 once prices are increased post 31-Mar.
Is this true that Kawasaki is planning to increase prices post 31/03?

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 12th March 2015 at 11:41.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:34   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Called and spoke with the Bangalore dealer an hour ago. I was told the bikes will be on display from 20th March at their Richmond circle showroom & test rides will be available post 27th March. Expected on-road price of the 600i is Rs 6.3 lakhs and for the 600GT it is around Rs 7 lakhs.

Booking amount is Rs 30K. Any bookings made till 19th March will not have any deductions/charges in case of cancellations. Post that there will be a cancellation charge/fee. He was not sure of what the cancellation charges would be.
Just passed the showroom today and saw a huge truck getting unloaded with covered bikes
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 18:27   #93
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
+1 - Completely agree

Completely agree here as well

Is this true that Kawasaki is planning to increase prices post 31/03?
Apologies I wrongly used the word "increase". What I meant was that the 50K discount is valid only till 31/03 and post that the price would be back to normal.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 19:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

Called and spoke to the Hyderabad dealer. Benelli bikes will be displayed at the Mercedes Benz showroom in Madhapur on 19th March. Showroom will open in 1st week of April. Im planning to check out 600GT.
Old 12th March 2015, 19:23   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Apologies I wrongly used the word "increase". What I meant was that the 50K discount is valid only till 31/03 and post that the price would be back to normal.
I hope they don't bring it back to the old price! (Like Triumph increased the price of all the bikes after (announcement of) detuning )

They said the same in Jan to me as well. I am hoping they don't raise it back ever
Old 12th March 2015, 21:32   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I hope they don't bring it back to the old price! (Like Triumph increased the price of all the bikes after (announcement of) detuning )

They said the same in Jan to me as well. I am hoping they don't raise it back ever
I can see you have talked with Khivraj I guess
They are a sea of mis information.

The offer was always valid till 31st March. They were just trying to push sells.
Prices will go up. How much remains to be seen !

I have been told around 9.6 OTR in Bangalore
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 09:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

These were spotted parked outside Amruth hotel, St. Marks road, Bangalore.

Name:  ForumRunner_20150313_095442.png
Views: 1421
Size:  531.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150313_095455.png
Views: 885
Size:  521.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150313_095514.png
Views: 1885
Size:  569.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20150313_095527.png
Views: 903
Size:  573.6 KB
Old 13th March 2015, 10:00   #98
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
These were spotted parked outside Amruth hotel, St. Marks road, Bangalore.
These Benelli motorcycles are part of xbhp's ThankYouRide that started from Pune, went towards Goa, Kerala, Kanyakumari, Chennai and is now in Bangalore. They will be riding towards Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Guwahati, Delhi and Mumbai in the next few days. The ride will eventually complete in Pune after covering major parts of the country.
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 10:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
These Benelli motorcycles are part of xbhp's ThankYouRide that started from Pune, went towards Goa, Kerala, Kanyakumari, Chennai and is now in Bangalore. They will be riding towards Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Guwahati, Delhi and Mumbai in the next few days. The ride will eventually complete in Pune after covering major parts of the country.
"Tank You" for what?
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 10:53   #100
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
"Tank You" for what?
Doc, I also wondered exactly the same thing !

So here's what the xbhp team says:

Quote:
It is quite often in life that we forget to say our thanks for the things and the people we have. Sometimes it is quite late to do so; moments and people pass never to return. It is this realization (and excuse!) that gave birth to the
#ThankYouRide.
A team of six people from xBhp, powered by Castrol Power1 and propelled by DSK-Benelli, will ride 10,000 kms meeting and thanking people on the way who have contributed to building motorcycling in India into what it is today.
But really, this is just another great excuse to swing our legs on some of the best (and exotic!) machines on the planet - Benellis, and do another India ride, our fifth one! Meet the riders of the ThankYouRide team, click here
We will start from Pune on the 28nd of February 2015 and head southwards, with our first major stop being Goa. The exact schedule can be found on the Route and Timeline page.
As we ride along, we will stop in different cities and meet up with motorcyclists and petrol-heads like you. If everything falls in place, we will be fortunate enough to ride together, even if for a brief while.
The aim of the #ThankYouRide is to have a nationwide commune of people who have made motorcycling as one of their fulcrums in life and then use the collective to inspire other people into doing something with motorcycles above and beyond what they thought was possible.
We also believe that motorcycling is one of the last true forms of everyday adventure left for the urban mankind and this is the way to showcase all the positivity, innovation, creativity and most importantly a healthy lifestyle it breeds in today's chaotic world.
So how are we supposed to know who to thank?
As with everything, what we see, we know. We are reaching out to people who not only do something for motorcycling in India but also make sure they let others know about it. We think that's the way to inspire people.
But what about people who keep things to themselves? For instance the gentleman who has been to Leh umpteen times solo on a scooter? We think he can be as inspirational as someone who arranges safety rides in cities. While we try and find out about them, we definitely need your help in finding more gems! If you know someone who is worthy of being thanked and brought to light, please drop us a shout here.
Source: ThankYouRide
//M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 10:55   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
"Tank You" for what?
Apparently they(xBhp) are thanking anyone and everyone who has made contribution to the biking community.

If you ask me it is just an excuse to rope in some sponsors and ride these superbikes for free
hsub is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 11:12   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
Apparently they(xBhp) are thanking anyone and everyone who has made contribution to the biking community.

If you ask me it is just an excuse to rope in some sponsors and ride these superbikes for free
Couldnt have said it better. Thanks for letting us do sponsored rides and have fun.
TheCelestial is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 11:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Couldnt have said it better. Thanks for letting us do sponsored rides and have fun.
Gratitude unreciprocated, preferably tangibly, is churlish.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 13:16   #104
BHPian

Just got a call from the showroom that the xbhp bikes are getting serviced and I could come and take a look at the bikes today if I want.
Old 13th March 2015, 16:20   #105
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Whatever the reason maybe for the ThankYouRide, it doesn't matter. It maybe a good travelogue for xbhp, it may be a chance to ride superbikes with all expenses covered. Along with covering this travelogue, what Xbhp can also do is cover a detailed Long Term review of the bike. Fuel Efficiency, Niggles (if any), Performance, Braking, Maintenance Costs etc etc. Will be helpful for anyone looking to buy a Benelli to have this information.

Killjoy : If you can get some more information from the riders and the service centre guys, it will be very helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by v12 : 13th March 2015 at 16:21.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread