Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 15:05   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Can I ask you how much you paid for the EBC pads?

Also, the issue with the engine cutting off, has it been sorted out for you? Happened twice for me when I bought the bike and once when I was bent over for a U-turn. Scary!! But it has reduced now though it still happens maybe once a week or so. Need to figure out what the issue is.
9500/- from fellow BHPian who happened to have a spare set. Some other sources were quoting 2/3 k more.

The engine cutting off due to low idle speed happened just once after that. I adjusted to idle speed adjusting knob by turning it a fraction clockwise. Now she idles when hot at 900 rpm.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 23:10   #32
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 874 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
The Kawasaki Ninja owners Group had a get together at Hampi over the weekend. Took my Hornet for this ride and it was a learning experience.
Quite a nice line-up there, but a sea of green. Would be nicer with a little more of color, and model, diversity . I see at least one Ninja 1000, but mostly 650s, from a few seconds of viewing. Where are the EX300s, Z1000s, ZX-10Rs and ZX-14s hiding ?
I also see a few Triumphant and Hondastic interlopers - 2 Tigers, a Street Triple and Daytona 675R, and lonely CBR1000R and even lonelier Bimmer GS1200?

Last edited by Ricci : 19th January 2015 at 23:11.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 11:08   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Quite a nice line-up there, but a sea of green. Would be nicer with a little more of color, and model, diversity . I see at least one Ninja 1000, but mostly 650s, from a few seconds of viewing. Where are the EX300s, Z1000s, ZX-10Rs and ZX-14s hiding ?
I also see a few Triumphant and Hondastic interlopers - 2 Tigers, a Street Triple and Daytona 675R, and lonely CBR1000R and even lonelier Bimmer GS1200?
You are quite observant. Kawasaki came with 4 bikes for test drives Z1000, Versys 1000, Ninja 1000, and Z800. There was no ZX10R or ZX14R.
Two Harleys made their presence felt later.
Some more pics, with less green.The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R-img20150120wa0000.jpg

The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R-img20150120wa0002.jpg

The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R-img20150120wa0004.jpg
goandude is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2015, 15:50   #34
BHPian
 
narula123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai / D.dun
Posts: 357
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Quite a nice line-up there, but a sea of green. Would be nicer with a little more of color, and model, diversity . I see at least one Ninja 1000, but mostly 650s, from a few seconds of viewing. Where are the EX300s, Z1000s, ZX-10Rs and ZX-14s hiding ?
I also see a few Triumphant and Hondastic interlopers - 2 Tigers, a Street Triple and Daytona 675R, and lonely CBR1000R and even lonelier Bimmer GS1200?
Ricci,

The Kawasaki Ninja 650 Owners Group or KNOG has a motto that "once a KNOG, always a KNOG".

The non-650s are either secondary bikes of members or bikes to which ex-650 owners have upgraded too. Some are also of friends of the members who came along for the meet.

Kawasaki, like last year (Z800 and 10R), came along with their new bikes to be test-ridden by the members. We guys were the first to ride the Z800 last year (even before its launch and even before media could sniff the bike).

This year Kawa got along the new Versys (again, yet to be officially launched) and the popular Z800, Z1000 and the Ninja 1000. The KNOG members have tested the 10R, N300 and the ZX14 at the track courtesy Kawasaki in the past. So full marks to Kawasaki for their attempts to please the owners and keep them in the family post upgrading also. I am sure there is a lot more they can do so eyes on the future.

Leslie hope you had fun on your maiden ride with the KNOGs. Lots more to come buddy.

Cheers.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 08:11   #35
BHPian
 
killjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

So, is KNOG only on FB? What does a person like me (not on FB) do?
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 10:13   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 144
Thanked: 81 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
So, is KNOG only on FB? What does a person like me (not on FB) do?
Being part of the KNOG FB group is really helpful. Even I was not on FB earlier, but created an account just ONLY to be a member of KNOG. Very helpful in case you are facing any problem on your Ninja.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:28   #37
BHPian
 
sriku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 323
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Was a pleasure meeting you at the G2G Leslie!
Especially when you opened my eyes on the Hiriyur route, one that I haven't tried so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
So, is KNOG only on FB? What does a person like me (not on FB) do?
killjoy, your options to keep up to date on the KNOG's will never work without a facebook profile, unfortunately. I see you are a resident of Bangalore, the city with the largest contingent of KNOG's in India. You could visit Auto Service at Banashankari, to get your bike serviced at the able hands of Shekhar. The service center is owned and managed by a fellow KNOG member, Venkat Shyam. I'm sure you could connect with the KNOG's if you spend a day at Auto Service.

Sriku
sriku is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2015, 18:08   #38
BHPian
 
plimsollmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pune/ Abu Dhabi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Ricci,



The Kawasaki Ninja 650 Owners Group or KNOG has a motto that "once a KNOG, always a KNOG".



The non-650s are either secondary bikes of members or bikes to which ex-650 owners have upgraded too. Some are also of friends of the members who came along for the meet.



Cheers.

Well that's nice to hear that some sanity has prevailed within the KNOG group mods !I remember when I sold my first gen N650 early 2012, I was unceremoniously booted out of the FB group- no questions asked or messages explaining why !
Was quite surprised at the behaviour as it was hardly a top secret group and I wasn't really a trolling risk :-)
plimsollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 19:09   #39
BHPian
 
killjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post

killjoy, your options to keep up to date on the KNOG's will never work without a facebook profile, unfortunately. I see you are a resident of Bangalore, the city with the largest contingent of KNOG's in India. You could visit Auto Service at Banashankari, to get your bike serviced at the able hands of Shekhar. The service center is owned and managed by a fellow KNOG member, Venkat Shyam. I'm sure you could connect with the KNOG's if you spend a day at Auto Service.

Sriku
Hmm, sad to hear that. I was very active on FB more than a year ago but quit and don't want to open my account again. Let's see. Hopefully, guys like Leslie and you will ping me if there is anything happening.

Will try and visit AS sometime but have a very old and trusted place that I use for service and don't think will change now. Thanks.
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 23:45   #40
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 874 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Kawasaki, like last year (Z800 and 10R), came along with their new bikes to be test-ridden by the members. We guys were the first to ride the Z800 last year (even before its launch and even before media could sniff the bike).

This year Kawa got along the new Versys (again, yet to be officially launched) and the popular Z800, Z1000 and the Ninja 1000. The KNOG members have tested the 10R, N300 and the ZX14 at the track courtesy Kawasaki in the past. So full marks to Kawasaki for their attempts to please the owners and keep them in the family post upgrading also. I am sure there is a lot more they can do so eyes on the future.
That's nice to hear. The Japanese typically are hands-off and conservative, so following up with customers and involving them with new bike test events is a great sign. Why don't Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha do similar, it can reap dividends. The HOG lesson well learnt at KNOG!

OT: did you get the 10R then?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 10:51   #41
BHPian
 
narula123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai / D.dun
Posts: 357
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
That's nice to hear. The Japanese typically are hands-off and conservative, so following up with customers and involving them with new bike test events is a great sign. Why don't Suzuki/Honda/Yamaha do similar, it can reap dividends. The HOG lesson well learnt at KNOG!

OT: did you get the 10R then?
It is not really fair to give Kawasaki all the credit for the G2G. The event was courtesy the KNOGs and Kawasaki was thoughful enough to partner with us and support us on logistics and other avenues. I am sure if owners of other brands get together and have the numbers to knock on the doors of the manufacturers, the companies wont turn them away. Even the KNOGs were a self-created group and came to the notice of the company much later into its life. If I was a Kawasaki topboss, I would consider myself fortunate that all my customers are connected on a common portal. Gives me a goldmine of opportunites as a company. Which is why i said....they are on the right track but a lot more to go.

the bike upgrade is still in the pipeline. Its the wallet which is doing the catching-up right now towards that end.
narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 17:17   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
goandude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,319
Thanked: 425 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Will try and visit AS sometime but have a very old and trusted place that I use for service and don't think will change now. Thanks.
Which is this service and where is it located? AS is just too far from my area (CV Raman Nagar) though it is a reputed place.
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 17:30   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 478
Thanked: 310 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
What is that plastic/rubber pipe visible just below the gearshift?
I THINK that plastic /rubber pipe could be the battery breather tube . Most bikes have that to prevent battery from corroding or leaking. Just make sure that it does not come in contact with anything hot , else it might melt and stick to something preventing air circulation to the battery.
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 23:05   #44
BHPian
 
killjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Which is this service and where is it located? AS is just too far from my area (CV Raman Nagar) though it is a reputed place.
Have sent you a PM with the details
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 10:47   #45
BHPian
 
killjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 647
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: The Green Hornet: My pre-worshipped Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
9500/- from fellow BHPian who happened to have a spare set. Some other sources were quoting 2/3 k more.

The engine cutting off due to low idle speed happened just once after that. I adjusted to idle speed adjusting knob by turning it a fraction clockwise. Now she idles when hot at 900 rpm.
Leslie, while waiting for the PC V to come, I went and got the pair valve blocked to see if it will help even a little. I checked with the others on KNOG Whatsapp group and they said it should only help to stop the popping but I have found something else. I used to have a small hiss (maybe intake?) when I was at low speeds and the switching off used to happen. After blocking the pair valve, that hiss has gone away and she also has much better response in 1st gear traffic riding conditions. Just FYI. I idle at about 750 RPM hot.
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R Speed-Freak Superbikes & Imports 111 25th February 2013 10:34
Blackpearl goes green - the Green Goblin (2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R EX ) BlackPearl Superbikes & Imports 99 31st October 2011 22:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks