Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 9th December 2014, 20:17   #451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a good find. It "looks" like a T100 going by seat design and also spoke wheels

But, Iam quite sure that there are no Arrow products in offer for a Bonneville T100 in India especially the 2X2 pipes.

Iam guessing those pipes were force fitted to a T100 as experimentation basis

Could I be wrong?
I did see a t100 in Pune on the 15th August ride with 2x1 arrow fitted. So i guess it is possible that the arrows are compatible with se as well as t100. One thing i know for sure is you cannot fit engine dresser bars with arrow 2x1 exhausts with either of the two bikes.
argchoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 20:40   #452
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph India: Sold Bikes in India with fake performance figures!

Ok, thread has been started off in ADVRiders as well - hope you guys can add in some traction. Do let any of your "phoren" friends know as well so that they can comment.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1029590
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 20:56   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Ok, thread has been started off in ADVRiders as well - hope you guys can add in some traction. Do let any of your "phoren" friends know as well so that they can comment.

I guess you need to be more clear that they published EU specs everywhere while selling lower spec ones. The first world warriors will be trying to jump on you for no reason. I already see a warrior asking you why it's fake.
Good luck in your battle against the warriors
theredliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2014, 21:33   #454
Team-BHP Support

Off topic: naveenroy have registered, but let me warn you be prepared and carry a ton of patience to explain to our friends
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 15:23   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
I guess you need to be more clear that they published EU specs everywhere while selling lower spec ones. The first world warriors will be trying to jump on you for no reason. I already see a warrior asking you why it's fake.
Good luck in your battle against the warriors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Off topic: naveenroy have registered, but let me warn you be prepared and carry a ton of patience to explain to our friends
Hahah, yeah I know. I am trying to get this news out there. Thanks for registering and the more technical guys can add more information. But yes, I need to edit the first post about the published specs.

Quote:

Ouch, I was too hasty in starting the topic there and didn't really explain the issue.

Corrected it and am assuming it was Jaggu who was making some clarifications. Thanks, now thread is running on steam.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 10th December 2014 at 16:05. Reason: Making it as one logical post.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 16:04   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ouch, I was too hasty in starting the topic there and didn't really explain the issue.
Yep, a set of 'expected' comments right from the start! I hate it when they constantly ask us to settle in for a Royal Enfield!
man_of_steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 16:05   #457
BHPian

A little off-topic, but looks like now Triumph is recalling some of its motorcycles for an ECU fault. Apparently the fault is big enough that it could cause a crash. This news story is relevant to the US, not sure if Indian Bonnies and Thunderbirds and Tigers are affected.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reca...jector-recall/

They just can't seem to catch a break can they?
RiderZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 16:27   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Yep, a set of 'expected' comments right from the start! I hate it when they constantly ask us to settle in for a Royal Enfield!
Ah well, happens everywhere. Even those guys love the Enfield and ride it when they make trips here. But the good ones outnumber the bad ones so that is ok. It is a very good forum.

But just some traction somewhere so Triumph gets to know that people are discussing this elsewhere too.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 16:48   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a very good forum.

But just some traction somewhere so Triumph gets to know that people are discussing this elsewhere too.
Even I do follow most of their RTW threads. I will also be registering and pitching in shortly!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 20:06   #460
BHPian

Default Re: 106PS Street Triple can't meet sound emission norms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Very true , except for few posts at page 3 - everything else is so ..

http://www.triumphrat.net/triumph-mo...customers.html

This thread is turning around, as they begin to see what a fiasco Triumph did to itself.

Quote:
I suppose you mean the Bonneville SE and not T100 as T100 doesnt have an Arrow exhuast made for them.
No, I meant T100 , red/maroon and black combo, which IIRC only comes in the T100 and not SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The yellow RSV4 at the Superbike Festival was a maniac indeed.

Couple of pics of that bike, going by the spoke wheels I do not think it is a SE. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, that same yellow RSV4 won last year too. And that copper-like themed bike is also a T100, I've seen it before at Triumph dealer.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 14:43   #461
Team-BHP Support

Angry Re: Triumph India: Sold Bikes in India with fake performance figures!

Posting behalf of Street Triple customer from Bangalore (Ifthakar Ahmed Shariff) since he does not have a Team-BHP membership. His case is real sad because he was conned into this situation after the news came out!

Quote:
September end was when I had finally decided that I would like to make my dream a reality. I was always amazed by the thrills of riding a bike and the power and wanted to own a sports bike which was of >100 PS of power.

My Journey to realize the dream started with Pulsars 180, then KTM Duke 200 and KTM Duke 390. This process prepared me for my for my dream bike.

I finally decided that it was time and started looking online for various bikes that were available in India. I was mainly looking for a street naked one as these are very user friendly and striking to look. After lot of research and hours of video reviews I had shortlisted two bikes which were available in India.
1. Triumph Street Triple
2. Kawasaki Z800

My main requirements where
1. Power > 100 Bhp
2. Weight
3. Agile
4. Friendly for daily usage.

I stepped into Keerthi (triumph dealer in Bangalore) sometime in mid of September for a test drive. Saw a dude whom I know from my Duke 200 days and was the chief mechanic at Keerthi. He helped me with the bike details and later introduced me to someone who was the sales rep who was very welcoming.

We took the bike for a test drive and instantly fell in love with it. Once the drive was over, sat down comparing the triple with Z800 all the pros and cons. I took all the info necessary for booking and left with a big grin on my face as the first step towards my dream bike was taken.

I still had some concerns as I had never driven the Z800 too, just the inference of its performance form the research that I had done. I dropped in to Kawasaki showroom and also tested the Z800, found it was a very capable bike but was not what I was looking for as I wanted a bike that I could use daily.

Later I walked to Keerthi, requested him for another test drive of the bike, I wanted to take it for my office as this will help me understand how it would be on a daily bases. Salesman checked with his manager and who agreed to for the same. I drove the bike again and now having driven the Z800, I was able to better co-relate the two bikes.

At the end of the test drive I was sure that this would be the bike that I am going to purchase. By now we were in last week of September and I came with my parents showed them the bike (did not inform the price :P) and payed the booking amount.

I was promised the delivery of the bike in 45 days.

Finally the new of the detuned bike broke and I initially did not believe the same as I thought that company like triumph will not make such a big goof up. I got a call from showroom and they informed that my bike is nearing to delivery and requested for the payment. I went and paid the remaining amount and wanted to speak about this concerning issue. Salesman himself started the conversation before the payment was done. He informed that the bikes are not detuned it’s just due to our fuel mixture and testing process form ARIA that we are getting lower numbers. He also said that there is no official statement from triumph about the same and confirmed that the bike is not detuned. I was pleased and made the payment and was now eagerly waiting for the delivery of my bike.

At the time of delivery I had again asked the same question to all in the showroom if the bikes are detuned or not this was on 29th of November. They all had confirmed that the bikes are not detuned and also confirmed that a previous owner had done a dyno test and the results show as accepted power greater than 100 Bhp. My mind was at peace and was now more interested in taking the delivery of the bike. Finally got the same after an hour of download about the various checks and info.

On Monday 1st December, I got a ping from a friend of mine about the article from Hindustan Times about the detuned saga, I went online and checked for the details.

Logged in to Facebook page of Triumph and to my surprise my worst fears had come true.

On Tuesday I had sent an email to triumph and had not received any response.

Later on Wednesday updated the mailing list with few more people from Triumph asking questions about the same. I had still not received the answer to any.

On Thursday showroom called me and wanted to discuss about my concerns, I informed him that I would meet him on Saturday 6th December. Went to Keerthi on and sat down with them. He later confirmed me that is nothing called a detuned version of triple. Triumph has to quote the numbers that ARIA has represented and that the bike is not on low on power. To confirm on the same he showed me the Dyno results of an owner which he had also informed me during the time of delivery. The dyno figures did not show the 79 PS an expected result 100.57 PS of power. This rested my concerns think as my bike was not detuned and not to worry about this whole issue.

Later dealer offered me 20,000 discount on accessories of my choice for all the trouble and confusion cause, I was glad by this and requested for a reduction on an arrow exhaust and payed the remaining amount.

Later to my shock, I got to know from Brats and the triple group that the rumors were true and that the bikes were detuned.

I have been cheated by triumph and also Keerthi.

Triumph –
They informed and communicated me a bike specs and delivered a much lower and detuned bike where as I had payed for a 107 PS bike.
Offers were made by triumph on the above issue

Keerthi –
They knew that I received the delivery of a detuned bike and they did not care answering to my question and concerns instead misdirecting me with wrong information showing me wrong numbers that my bike was not detuned.

Also they had made me sign an indemnity bond with an offer which was not justified as I was cheated with the delivery and also with the offers that were made to other owners.

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2014 at 12:44. Reason: coz changed to because
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 15:08   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Posting behalf of Street Triple customer from Bangalore (Ifthakar Ahmed Shariff) since he does not have a Team-BHP membership. His case is real sad coz he was conned into this situation after the news came out!
What is Triumph getting down to now a days?!

They seem to be going VW's way in customer relations and if this is the way they are going to do business then they better pack up.

Is Triumph at mistake here or the dealers who are mistake is what I am not understanding. Doesn't Triumph know what bikes they are manufacturing and what Power do the machines produce?

This segment is a already a niche and with such incident the customer base will reduce rather than increasing.

Worst thing that can happen is to show something and sell something else in reality. Why cheat a customer for no fault of theirs!

Wake up Triumph and do close this issue ASAP!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 16:04   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Posting behalf of Street Triple customer from Bangalore (Ifthakar Ahmed Shariff) since he does not have a Team-BHP membership. His case is real sad because he was conned into this situation after the news came out!
This is getting murkier. He should seriously consider legal action.
anilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 16:11   #464
Team-BHP Support

Jaggu, sad to hear your friends story. Thats blatant cheating by the "Dealer" and not "Triumph"

Looks like both Triumph and Dealers are hand in glove and know this situation ( there is no way the dealership cannot know as how will they receive the vehicles without the ARAI certifications?)

Now come one, dont tell me each and every dealer in the country has forgotten to even glance at the certificate for the last 9+ months?

Anyway, this Triumph saga has lost its steam (atleast in Hyderabad) and Triumph owners (yes, including the Street Tripple owners) are enjoying dealership proposed sunday rides and seemed to have forgotten that they were cheated by them in the first place and havent given them a solution yet

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th December 2014 at 16:19. Reason: typo
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 16:48   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Clayton is the guy because of whom i did not buy Triumph Street triple. He was very rude when i asked for a TD.

I guess Ifthakar is on xbhp (with id ifthi) and before taking delivery of his ST, this detune news broke. He could have waited till matter becomes clear.
He could have avoided the situation he is in today provided he had some patience.

Quote:
Anyway, this Triumph saga has lost its steam (atleast in Hyderabad) and Triumph owners (yes, including the Street Tripple owners)
I expected this to happen in our country.
Read on xbhp that few STriples have been upgraded to generate 105PS power but bike will no more legal.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote