Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 12th December 2014, 16:55   #466
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Triumph India: Sold Bikes in India with fake performance figures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Anyway, this Triumph saga has lost its steam (atleast in Hyderabad) and Triumph owners (yes, including the Street Tripple owners) are enjoying dealership proposed sunday rides and seemed to have forgotten that they were cheated by them in the first place and havent given them a solution yet
It saddens me to read this part (read typical Indian mentality) wherein there is a lot of hoo-aah during the initial days and slowly it dies as time passes by and everyone goes their way of work, it is like "Apna kaam Banta to Bhaad mein Jaaye Janta". Although I am not blaming the owners as they seem to be happy to be cheated and don't mind losing those precious 27 odd horses. Good for them.

But this kind of issue raises a very serious question on Triumph as a company doing business in the twenty first century. This company Triumph has shaken the very foundations of following ethics in business. They are dishonest and have misrepresented their motorcycles against their figures and Street Triple owners are the hardest hit among the lot apart from Bonneville owners getting sapped of 7 odd horses. To top this up they have not even rendered an apology or any options to the cheated owners of their "detuned" bikes. Who knows about their other offerings in India?? Sorry but this is not a rant but a voice from a future buyer of Triumph's offerings (I was considering the Triumph Tiger 1200 XC but not anymore).
navin_v8 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 17:07   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Sorry but this is not a rant but a voice from a future buyer of Triumph's offerings (I was considering the Triumph Tiger 1200 XC but not anymore).
Exactly my feelings!! Bonneville was my dream bike for many years and would have bought it a few years down the line. But with this dont-care attitude of Triumph, I doubt I would realize my dream of buying this bike. It has nothing to do with the detune and everything to do with the dealer & parent company attitude towards paying Indian customers.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 17:11   #468
BHPian

Exactly abhinav.s, I too have dropped considering/recommending any of Triumph's offerings post this incident. Its their callous attitude which is most off-putting
jvm_1986 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 17:15   #469
BHPian

I was ready with finance and abt to take delivery on 16th last month, fortunate or unfortunate I was unwell and with other happening at home front have decided to wait till April . will wait and see how triumph takes this forward otherwise have to decide against my fav bike.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 17:51   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
......Also they had made me sign an indemnity bond with an offer which was not justified
Jaggu, Am I right in understanding that the indemnity bond was in lieu of the Rs. 20,000 accessories he got for free? He can still approach the court if he thinks the value of the settlement is not in his favour. Only reading the bond could give a better picture.

There is no doubt the responsibility for this episode lies with Triumph and the dealership but Ifthakar could have been a little more suspicious and he had enough time to be. Classic case of love blinding us!
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 20:00   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
He could have waited till matter becomes clear.
He could have avoided the situation he is in today provided he had some patience.
Could it have been that he was told 'Sir, this is the last lot with 106 bhp. Next lot onwards, it will be the detuned version.'

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 23:07   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Could it have been that he was told 'Sir, this is the last lot with 106 bhp. Next lot onwards, it will be the detuned version.'
Very likely. Dealers started saying that the moment the controversy broke, that only the bikes coming next year are detuned and what not. As luck would have it, my final payment got done and RTO tax paid, the day this news broke, else i would have definitely put the purchase on hold. Didn't make sense to leave the bike with the dealer after paying all the money and tax.

Last edited by A_v_i : 12th December 2014 at 23:15.
A_v_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 01:16   #473
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaggu the case of your friend is the saddest of them all. Cheated by both the company and the dealer. He should sue them for double the value and interest. This is a pure case of cheating. Am sure the international sites will blame this on the "Indian dealer" if posted there. Triumph is presently possibly doing worse than Skoda ever did and they have yet not recovered though the issues were different.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 08:57   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta, looks like your alter ego is a dealership employee!! This sounds so plausible.

Bonneville owners are given similar explantions-these are not detuned Bonnies, simply difference in measurement standards.
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 12:55   #475
Senior - BHPian

As posted earlier, I was planning to book a Bonneville in Jan 2015. They just lost one more customer.
Triumph cannot be trusted, Neither with its bikes nor its dealings.
Im sure they make good bikes, but so do the others.
Thanks to all of you for bringing this information into daylight.

To all of you who own a Triumph. You should collectively sue Triumph and make an example of them for all other companies, that we aint gullible any more !!
jaysmokesleaves is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 17:35   #476
o.D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
As posted earlier, I was planning to book a Bonneville in Jan 2015. They just lost one more customer.
Triumph cannot be trusted, Neither with its bikes nor its dealings.
=
+1 on loosing another customer. I guess we should have vote to show that we are not here to be taken for a 107 bhp ride. What were they thinking.

I've been following this thread closely and hate the way we are taken for granted. Triumph's Indian existence again is similar to that of the Ducati's - DEAD
o.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 19:36   #477
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.D View Post
. Triumph's Indian existence again is similar to that of the Ducati's - DEAD
We all know that Triumph India has been having management issues from day one. With some high profile resignations, etc., etc.

This detuned fiasco is no doubt an human error, and they are trying their best to come up with excuses. Typical knee jerk reaction.

I have heard that they are reaching out to Street Triple owners and making some offers including monetary.

Yes. They screwed up. BUT they are making amends.

For our Superbike market to mature, we need more bikes and more brands. Wishing for the death of a brand in India is extremely counterproductive and does not take into account the fates of hundreds of owners.

Whatever said and done, the Street Triple is a fantastic Motocycle. So are other Triumph offerings.

For those who love motorcycles, this setback should not be an issue, especially when an option to bring back to 106 from Triumph exists.

For those who bought the bike for the image and is extremely upset that Triumph lied to them, (Forget the fact that many, including myself, could not tell the difference from riding the bikes), this could be a deal breaker.

I hope that people can see past the human errors and see the bikes for what they are.

And I sincerely wish that Ducati would come back to India as well. More the merrier, I say.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 19:49   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Sutripta, looks like your alter ego is a dealership employee!!
What exactly do you mean????

Quote:
Bonneville owners are given similar explantions-these are not detuned Bonnies, simply difference in measurement standards.
I would treat the street triple case as being different from the other cases. In fact I do not see the others as 'cases'.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 20:33   #479
o.D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
This detuned fiasco is no doubt an human error, and they are trying their best to come up with excuses. Typical knee jerk reaction.
I have heard that they are reaching out to Street Triple owners and making some offers including monetary.
Yes. They screwed up. BUT they are making amends.
For our Superbike market to mature, we need more bikes and more brands.
Its a deliberate human error and what is the justification wrt intent.

Yes, we need more players in the superbike sector and god save us if they are coming to India with the idea of taking us for a ride this way.

BTW I meant to me they are as good as dead and also wish Ducati comes back sooner.

Wish all the existing customers have for the actuals that they thought they paid.
o.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 21:13   #480
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Anyway, this Triumph saga has lost its steam (atleast in Hyderabad) and Triumph owners (yes, including the Street Tripple owners) are enjoying dealership proposed sunday rides and seemed to have forgotten that they were cheated by them in the first place and havent given them a solution yet
Avi Bhai, there is more to it than what meets the eyes, lots of things are going on in background, which very few people are aware of.

Plus, most of riders here are mature enough to keep business and pleasure separate. Rides are for pure fund and pleasure and it doesn't matter who are we riding with and I believe everyone clearly understands it. When it comes to business, we want best of products and services, whatever we are paying for and same has been made clear to everyone involved.
DipantS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote