Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 23rd July 2016, 13:59   #136

Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
To be honest, Seat height of Versys is quite high at 840mm and is higher than the Tiger 800

Having said that, if you are 5.9" then it would be very comfortable for you to place your feet on ground (maybe not entirely)

However, this cannot and should not dissuade you to consider this bike as I know many folks who are shorter who are enjoying this ride as it's just a matter of getting used to it and when on the move, it's light and nimble

Look for "Sangeetharides" on Instagram and she rides the Versys apart from several other bikes despite being a petite and short lady

Perhaps she can be an inspiration
Being able to place both feet on the ground with the bike between the legs is very important to me as a rider. Especially if you want to go touring in the mountains.
If you are on an incline and the engine suddenly stops, you'll find it very difficult to control the bike if you were used to tip-toeing earlier. Because the way the bike is positioned on a semi steep incline you'll find that one needs even more reach than usual to stabilize the bike. So I find it imperative from safety point of view that one can reach the ground properly, especially when touring on such heavy bikes. YMMV.
rdst_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote