Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 1st December 2016, 19:37   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Bonneville - El Caballo Blanco rides home

10,000 KM SERVICE UPDATE:

At 10k kms this should have been the second service. However, since I got the bike serviced at 5k kms before the Ladakh trip this was the third service done.

Work carried out:
  1. Engine Oil and filter change
  2. Air Filter change - I got this done proactively
  3. Throttle body balancing
  4. Front and rear brake pads changed - got EBC HH sintered brake pads
  5. General washing and cleaning

EBC HH Brake Pads: I've driven about 1200 kms since the change (1000+on the highway) and have can't see any noticeable change in braking. I've always found the braking on the Bonneville to be good so wasn't expecting much anyway. The cost saving was worth it.

Cost of EBC brake pads: Rs 1800/- each for front and back
Triumph OEC : Rs. 2500/- each for front and back.

Unfortunately, the irritating whirring/krrrrrrr noise has returned in the front brake pad and I had to hear it for the return 900kms journey to Pushkar. I thought I'll open up the front caliper and clean it up. Unfortunately, the service center over torqued the screw that keeps the retaining pin in place. I now can't get the brake pads off!!

With 2 years nearing completion I'm increasingly getting convinced that I need to be doing the routine oil and filter, brake pad changes etc. myself. The high cost for routine service just does not seem to be justifying a trip to the service station.

Here's what the bill looked like.

Name:  Bill.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  108.9 KB

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote