Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 12th January 2015, 11:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Used Superbike for everyday use - Budget up to 8 lakhs

Price drop on the z800 by 55,000/- from showroom. Check with your nearest dealer.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 15:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I agree, that is one reason I will never buy a "niche brand" in India, like Triumph or Harley (though Triumph will always be my dream bike next to Yezdi) - regardless of how rich I get.

In fact, even among Indian manufacturers one of the first criteria I look at is, which dealer is walking distance from my house . I know it may be a bit silly, but makes a LOT of difference when we have to leave the bike for service and fit that into a usually inflexible work schedule. It was also the main reason I ended up selling my Bullet a few years back - since getting it serviced was becoming a tedious, time-consuming thing (nearest service center 15 kms away). And I don't believe in leaving the bike with unauthorized mechanics, I know too many of them personally and unethical things they do (like swap out parts, swap out battery etc).

I guess you may be better off getting a Honda/Yamaha superbike than say, Triumph or Harley, from a maintenance perspective. But if thats a factor, check with the local service centers whether they service superbikes.

In the end I guess owning a super bike comes with the commitment of spending extra time and care for maintaining it. Or do what many people do, and keep the super bike for weekends + a Splendor for daily use .
Im more curious about if the bike has a problem in a remote place. (Like on the highway etc). I already have my daily city commute (Duke 200 and a VW GT TSI)
deepfreak15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2015, 23:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
And yes, I can adjust to the ergonomics of Fireblade and Gixxer for everyday use, havin owned an R15.

Anticipating a lot of opinions and responses.
There are few things which you should consider while getting a super bike for daily use, most of which you might know very well already, first problem about using superbikes in traffic is the huge amount of heat these machines generate, you should also have a closer look at the seating position of these bikes, it will be way more aggressive than R15! and weight of these machines makes it even harder to use them in dense traffic.

Do make sure you save up for things like tyres and other consumables, these machines eat up everything quiet fast and cost of replacing them is not so less.

Will let you know if I come across something
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 16:45   #19
BHPian

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. But I'm finding it hard to source clean superbikes for sale. Anyone from Chennai who knows clean FZ1s or CB1000Rs or Gixxers for sale, please PM me. Thanks
vishal.jayakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 16:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions. But I'm finding it hard to source clean superbikes for sale. Anyone from Chennai who knows clean FZ1s or CB1000Rs or Gixxers for sale, please PM me. Thanks
Sorry, but PM feature is not enabled for new users, so will past the link here, price doesn't match your budget, but still give it a try http://olx.in/item/i-want-to-sell-ho...tml#72275e646b
Old 17th January 2015, 15:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Sorry, but PM feature is not enabled for new users, so will past the link here, price doesn't match your budget, but still give it a try http://olx.in/item/i-want-to-sell-ho...tml#72275e646b
Thanks a lot. But that might be beyond my budget, and the only way i'm gonna get clean superbikes is by the word of mouth. :P
vishal.jayakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 13:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I agree, that is one reason I will never buy a "niche brand" in India, like Triumph or Harley (though Triumph will always be my dream bike next to Yezdi) - regardless of how rich I get.

In fact, even among Indian manufacturers one of the first criteria I look at is, which dealer is walking distance from my house .
Well, the new Harley showroom is a 10 min walk from my home, and the old one and the Triumph dealership are within 5 mins walk from my office!

Last edited by AnkurS : 18th January 2015 at 13:11. Reason: fixed quote
AnkurS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 14:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. But that might be beyond my budget, and the only way i'm gonna get clean superbikes is by the word of mouth. :P
Yes that is the only was possible I guess, sadly Chennai doesn't have many superbikes as of now. Dealers, if any, would quote insane amount if the bike is a clean one