Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2017, 00:43   #31
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,740
Thanked: 2,903 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Can anyone confirm the Mumbai on-road price for the Z800? IKM website shows that the prices for the Z800 have reduced (ex-showroom Delhi) whereas this price list from a Mumbai dealer shows a 1-lakh increase in the OTR price for Mumbai. What has caused the increase - has the import duty or Octroi or Road Tax changed for Mumbai?

Official website announcement : http://kawasaki-india.com/2016/12/31...s-motorcycles/
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000-screenshot_20170109003535.png

Dealer price list
Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000-screenshot_201701090035012.png
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 08:50   #32
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 885
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Can anyone confirm the Mumbai on-road price for the Z800? IKM website shows that the prices for the Z800 have reduced (ex-showroom Delhi) whereas this price list from a Mumbai dealer shows a 1-lakh increase in the OTR price for Mumbai. What has caused the increase - has the import duty or Octroi or Road Tax changed for Mumbai?

Official website announcement : http://kawasaki-india.com/2016/12/31...s-motorcycles/
Attachment 1593388

Dealer price list
Attachment 1593389
Thats too high for RTO - something in tune to 22% on exshowroom. I thought it was like 12.5% to 14 % this is ridiculous. Kindly confirm someone as I am also planning to pick the Z.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 10:31   #33
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,140
Thanked: 8,308 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Thats too high for RTO - something in tune to 22% on exshowroom. I thought it was like 12.5% to 14 % this is ridiculous. Kindly confirm someone as I am also planning to pick the Z.
IIRC, RTO taxes for CBU motorcycles has gone up and is currently around 20% in Maharashtra. It was somewhere between 7-8% till last year.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 12:07   #34
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 885
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
IIRC, RTO taxes for CBU motorcycles has gone up and is currently around 20% in Maharashtra. It was somewhere between 7-8% till last year.
Thats really sad. Why suddenly this hike. Are they trying to milk people before the GST comes into play where every state will have the same tax structure?

This is a damper for the automobile industry. All vehicle prices will go up.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 12:13   #35
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,140
Thanked: 8,308 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Thats really sad. Why suddenly this hike. Are they trying to milk people before the GST comes into play where every state will have the same tax structure?

This is a damper for the automobile industry. All vehicle prices will go up.
I am not very sure but from my limited understanding on this subject, GST will be applicable on the ex-showroom price eliminating other allied taxes. But state-wise road tax will continue to be levied for all vehicles.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 12:49   #36
BHPian
 
kailashnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 885
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I am not very sure but from my limited understanding on this subject, GST will be applicable on the ex-showroom price eliminating other allied taxes. But state-wise road tax will continue to be levied for all vehicles.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Even I am not that sure. By the way has only the RTO rates increased for CBU ? as I see that the N650 is still at 12 %
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 13:09   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,243
Thanked: 822 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
IIRC, RTO taxes for CBU motorcycles has gone up and is currently around 20% in Maharashtra. It was somewhere between 7-8% till last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Thats really sad. Why suddenly this hike. Are they trying to milk people before the GST comes into play where every state will have the same tax structure?.
This hike seems to have taken place around 6 months ago:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/52627121.cms

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th January 2017 at 13:10.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2017, 13:40   #38
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,140
Thanked: 8,308 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki slashes Z800 price by Rs.50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Even I am not that sure. By the way has only the RTO rates increased for CBU ? as I see that the N650 is still at 12 %
Yes the 20% Road Tax is only for CBU's. But even this is not very clear as I have heard from some sources that 20% Road Tax is only for 800cc+ CBU's. Probably the reason why Z800 saw such a sharp increase in its prices compared to similarly priced CBUs like Street Triple 675. The Street Triple had a price revision as well, but it was not a huge premium as in the case of the Z800.

So there must be an engine displacement clause as well apart from the differentiation for CKD/CBU motorcycles.



EDIT : Here's the engine displacement wise tax structure currently in Maharashtra. Earlier it was uniform 7% for all two-wheelers.

Name:  image_5606.png
Views: 505
Size:  126.9 KB

Source: Zigwheels

Last edited by //M : 9th January 2017 at 13:48.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kawasaki Z800 unveiled, heading to India and now Launched. Edit - New color scheme for 2016 _raVan_ Superbikes & Imports 28 8th October 2016 20:25
My Mean Green 2015 Kawasaki Z800 TheCelestial Superbikes & Imports 125 22nd September 2016 10:23
Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800 djay99 Superbikes & Imports 195 25th November 2015 17:53
Honda India slashes the City's price by Rs. 44,000 - 66,000! GTO The Indian Car Scene 508 31st July 2011 12:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks