Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 25th August 2015, 10:40   #61
BHPian

Default Re: My Red Baron Harley Davidson Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
But, my concern is how much will the shipping work up to since this is going to be shipped from the US of A? Any clue?
I reckon the shipping will be on the expensive side. The more viable option here will be to have it brought in by any friend/family who is coming to India from the states. Do make a check if Amazon India sells it or not.

Or.

There is a gear and equipment showroom just near the Triumph showroom in Bangalore. Can't recall their name. Pay them a visit sometime. There's a good chance you'll get this mount there.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 11:34   #62
BHPian

Quote:
But, my concern is how much will the shipping work up to since this is going to be shipped from the US of A? Any clue?
Customs duties on Imports have been increased to 41.5% on the landed cost. It was around 35% odd percent sometime back (including edu cess etc). Makes a lot of sense to let someone bring it to you.

Also, if you are shipping from the US, I would suggest UPS or Fedex (who I think handle the customs clearance themselves). USPS parcels are handed over to India Post at the point of entering India and it will take its own sweet time to reach you from then. Also, you will have to visit the Bangalore foreign post office to declare the value etc which is a hassle.

Last edited by loki : 25th August 2015 at 11:36.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 17:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
I reckon the shipping will be on the expensive side. There is a gear and equipment showroom just near the Triumph showroom in Bangalore. Can't recall their name. Pay them a visit sometime. There's a good chance you'll get this mount there.
Yep! The shipping will work up to be more expensive than the product per se. I did check Amazon India as well for the Ram Mount, but they didn't have them. Viaterra has the same mount listed on their website, but when I called them they said that it's out of stock and they were not sure when the next set of stock would come in.

My best bet would be to go to LGU or the store you mentioned near the Triumph showroom and check if they have them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Customs duties on Imports have been increased to 41.5% on the landed cost. It was around 35% odd percent sometime back (including edu cess etc). Makes a lot of sense to let someone bring it to you.
Thanks Loki for this info! It makes no sense shipping it from the US at this rate and since I know of no one who would be going to the US anytime now, I guess I should try and source this locally and I think there are good enough chances that I will find it here. I just need to do a little more searching.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 18:10   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Yep! The shipping will work up to be more expensive than the product per se. I did check Amazon India as well for the Ram Mount, but they didn't have them. Viaterra has the same mount listed on their website, but when I called them they said that it's out of stock and they were not sure when the next set of stock would come in.

My best bet would be to go to LGU or the store you mentioned near the Triumph showroom and check if they have them there.

Thanks Loki for this info! It makes no sense shipping it from the US at this rate and since I know of no one who would be going to the US anytime now, I guess I should try and source this locally and I think there are good enough chances that I will find it here. I just need to do a little more searching.
Snehal,
I picked up the Rynox 5.5 Inch Mount for my S5 for 600 odd rupees at the OutdoorTravelGear Store sale two weeks ago. I've ridden about 700 km so far with my phone in it and zero vibrations, waterproof and no incidents, including riding for two hours in heavy rain.

This is the one: http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...-mount-71.html

Check it out. I too wanted to pick up a RAM mount, when a fellow rider told me he'd done Leh with the Rynox one and had no issues for over a year. Also, RAM mounts don't give weatherproofing capabilities. Hope this help.

One thing though, in the sun, your phone will get very hot and you also wont be able to see the screen on the fly. At night, its super.

Last edited by djpeesh : 25th August 2015 at 18:21.
djpeesh is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 18:55   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Snehal,
I picked up the Rynox 5.5 Inch Mount for my S5 for 600 odd rupees at the OutdoorTravelGear Store sale two weeks ago. I've ridden about 700 km so far with my phone in it and zero vibrations, waterproof and no incidents, including riding for two hours in heavy rain.

This is the one: http://www.rynoxgears.com/index.php/...-mount-71.html

Check it out. I too wanted to pick up a RAM mount, when a fellow rider told me he'd done Leh with the Rynox one and had no issues for over a year. Also, RAM mounts don't give weatherproofing capabilities. Hope this help.

One thing though, in the sun, your phone will get very hot and you also wont be able to see the screen on the fly. At night, its super.
Thanks djpeesh! I didn't get too many positive reviews on the Rynox mobile phone holder when I started my search for one. A lot of people have told me that the joints break away easily and the chances of the mobile falling off are high. These might be one of cases I guess!

Seeing that you and your friend have used it for quite some time without issues is giving me hope that this might work out for me too.

One question though, is there an outlet on the case for me to charge my mobile when on the move?
Snehal Sekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 00:06   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks djpeesh! I didn't get too many positive reviews on the Rynox mobile phone holder when I started my search for one. A lot of people have told me that the joints break away easily and the chances of the mobile falling off are high. These might be one of cases I guess!

Seeing that you and your friend have used it for quite some time without issues is giving me hope that this might work out for me too.

One question though, is there an outlet on the case for me to charge my mobile when on the move?
Oh. I haven't heard of any breakage reports yet. Most people in my group have this. Let me check and be doubly sure.

There isn't an outlet in the case. In my case, I picked up a Unu extended battery that doubled my s5 battery so haven't needed a charging cable. If you have a cigarette lighter mounted, you use the zipper in such a way that the cable goes through. It's a double zipper. (ie two zip pull things)
djpeesh is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2015, 10:04   #67
BHPian

Mods: please merge with previous post

Here's a picture of the Rynox case as mounted on my bike

My Red Baron  Harley Davidson Street 750-1440563617322.jpgMy Red Baron  Harley Davidson Street 750-1440563635798.jpg
Old 26th August 2015, 18:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks djpeesh! It does not look out of place at all and by the looks of it, seems pretty secure. I just checked the current price and it's around Rs.850 on both the Rynox site as well as on Amazon.in, except that if I order it from Rynox directly they charge me an extra Rs.90.00 for shipping. So planning on ordering one either today or tomorrow from Amazon.in.

Will post my feedback once I use it on a couple of rides.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 07:23   #69

Quote:
Thank you for the review on Rynox case. Looks good after mounting it on bike.

Rynox claims 5.5" mount can fit upto 5" mobiles, is it so ?

They claim upto 5" for 5" mount as well as 5.5" mount. Probably typo error on website.

Quote:
Fits any cellphone having screen size of upto 5 Inches.
If possible can you please check if a 5.5" handset can fit in it ?
Shreeniwas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 11:03   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeniwas View Post
Thank you for the review on Rynox case. Looks good after mounting it on bike.

If possible can you please check if a 5.5" handset can fit in it ?
I think there's a typo on the website. A 5.5 inch handset should fit, given that my S5 with a 5.2 inch screen, plus a bulky case (that includes the extended battery and a bumper) fits inside without a problem. I'll check with a friend's OPO and confirm for sure.
Old 27th August 2015, 11:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

For the ram mounts,you can get in touch with MOTO 101, mumbai or via terra-
You can visit the moto101 mumbai facebook page.I had used the rynow case but didnt like the quality.It felt a bit flimsy.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 12:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

My phone is 6" measured diagonally. So where could i get a mount to fit this phone? Rynox has only till 5.5"
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 17:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks djpeesh! It does not look out of place at all and by the looks of it, seems pretty secure. I just checked the current price and it's around Rs.850 on both the Rynox site as well as on Amazon.in, except that if I order it from Rynox directly they charge me an extra Rs.90.00 for shipping. So planning on ordering one either today or tomorrow from Amazon.in.

Will post my feedback once I use it on a couple of rides.
Just google RAM mounts india and you'll get the details of the indian distributor.
He is from Bangalore and will put you in touch with the dealer in your area. I recently bought one for Rs 3200 and i was also using the rynox one earlier.
I am using it routinely on both my Harley's and RAM mount is the best mount ive used till date, including the rynox the the OEM harley one. Also you can use phone with "any" screen size but the disadvantage being that the phone needs weatherproof casing if you want to use in the rains.

Last edited by fiorano88 : 27th August 2015 at 17:28. Reason: adding use with 6" one
fiorano88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 21:31   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
For the ram mounts,you can get in touch with MOTO 101, mumbai or via terra-
You can visit the moto101 mumbai facebook page.I had used the rynow case but didnt like the quality.It felt a bit flimsy.
Viaterra has this listed on their website, but they don't have stocks and when I called them they were not sure when they would get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Just google RAM mounts india and you'll get the details of the indian distributor.
He is from Bangalore and will put you in touch with the dealer in your area. I recently bought one for Rs 3200 and i was also using the rynox one earlier.
I am using it routinely on both my Harley's and RAM mount is the best mount ive used till date, including the rynox the the OEM harley one. Also you can use phone with "any" screen size but the disadvantage being that the phone needs weatherproof casing if you want to use in the rains.
The Indian distributor for this is a company called Happy Earth and their website is happyearth.in. Anyway, I checked their website as well and even they don't have stock of the Ram mount that I am looking at (Ram universal X grip). For the time being, I plan to purchase the Rynox one and when stocks are available I will get the Ram mount.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 21:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Viaterra has this listed on their website, but they don't have stocks and when I called them they were not sure when they would get it.

The Indian distributor for this is a company called Happy Earth and their website is happyearth.in. Anyway, I checked their website as well and even they don't have stock of the Ram mount that I am looking at (Ram universal X grip). For the time being, I plan to purchase the Rynox one and when stocks are available I will get the Ram mount.
I am using the RAM handlebar rail mount which comes with the universal x-grip and works pretty well.its in stock also with happyearth. You can have a look at that also
fiorano88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote