Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 29th August 2016, 14:51   #346
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Originally Posted by amit0rana View Post
Shubz, thank you very much for the response.

I am not sure what to understand of this Do you mean my fear that alloys won't handle non-tarmac roads is correct?
Please have a visit here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...ravellers.html (Hello BHPians and fellow travellers)
Will give some idea of roads where I usually take my bike to and I would ideally want a bike which can go with me anywhere I point my finger on map The post also has map of where I will take the bike in November if I buy it.

I have no experience with super bikes. The reason why I was asking is because after the UB city ride it was unbearably hot. Rode fatboy once and yes it did get pretty hot. I guess as per your experience its pretty alright on long rides.

Thanks. All your older posts on MTS have been very helpful and I have gone through almost all of them

The alloys are pretty good. but cannot be guaranteed to hold up on "No roads" n stuff. For that - you must consider the Multistrada Enduro (thats coming soon). Thats to take you places without you having to worry about alloys :-)

Any bike (including brains) gets heated up riding in the city. These bikes are very well engineered, liquid cooled and stuff (Fatboy etc are Air cooled). So you wont even feel the heat of it on longer rides.

Feel free to ping me for any clarifications. Will tell you what I know :-)
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 17:29   #347
Default Re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Originally Posted by amit0rana View Post
Could you please help me with finding answer to couple of questions?
[*]Did you take your bike on rough roads (mud, bricks, gravel?)? I am really curious to know whether the alloys handle that or not? During my last trip to Tawang we rode for almost 60kms of no roads so wondering can Multistrada handle that?
I am not a MS owner so Shubz has given you the answers to the MS questions. However, with specific regard to your query on the above question about taking any of these big Adventure Tourers including the MS, GS, Explorer etc to inhospitable terrain for that 'Mega Adventure' ride, yes the naked truth is you need deep pockets as you have to be psychologically prepared that these bikes can be (most case that becomes will be) dropped under various circumstances so you are surely not going to enjoy the ride when you are constantly worried about all the damage that can happen to the tupperware on these bikes and the resultant $$$$. Indeed with crash protection bars etc you can still avoid big damage but sometimes, mirrors, footpegs, clutch/brake levers can snap off depending on the seriousness of the falls. Yes, in some cases if you hit a pothole/rocks at a high speed sometimes the alloy rims can & will get bent. But more importantly some falls may result in some cables or sensors jumping out of their groove etc and stalling the bike and ending your ride. Hence some technical knowledge to understand and fix such small stuff along the road, together with the basic tools (stock tool kits provided by most of these expensive bikes is a joke!) will all be needed when going on such adventure rides on these bikes. If you are ready for all the above, you sure are going to have a gala time with these bikes and can extract every penny you spend on buying them!
Haroon is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 22:54   #348

The other option is Tiger XCA where it is built for such terrains, can jump from 6ft and still keep running rock solid. While I was contemplating on my bike, the triump guys where kind enough to explain how the bike is designed to take brunt from unexpected fall during off roads and how cheap those spares are. For example the break lever is the most common stuff that breaks during a fall and it costs less than 1.5k is what i was told about a year back.

All the best!
Dust_Harl is offline   Reply With Quote