Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 14th March 2015, 09:28   #61
BANNED

Default re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

i have no idea, do remember reading that its sales would be controlled through audi (pls correct if me if am wrong)..Considering ducati's italian heritage and lineage, i would expect the on-road price of this to be nearly 16.
pratap.pratu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 16:14   #62
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)

Motoroids have confirmed the Mumbai ex-showroom prices:

Monster795 – Rs 6.58 lakhs
Monster796 S2R – Rs 7.60 lakhs
Monster1200 – Rs 20.14 lakhs
Monster1200S – Rs 24.68 lakhs
Hypermotard – Rs 10.15 lakhs
Hyperstrada – Rs 11.17 lakhs
Diavel Dark – Rs 14.02 lakhs
Diavel Carbon Red – Rs 17.22 lakhs
Diavel Carbon White – Rs 17.70 lakhs
899 Panigale – Rs 13.21 lakhs
1299 Panigale – Rs 32.95 lakhs
1299 Panigale S – Rs 40.65 lakhs

The deliveries will start from April onwards and the booking amount is 2 lakhs. No mention of the Scrambler and Multistrada's pricing though.

Source:
Motoroids

Quote:
While the pricing (if correct) is amazing, I heard from various people that the Scrambler and Multistrada deliveries will commence only in 2016.

I do not have any authentic source of this information and I seriously hope the deliveries begin as soon as March 2015 onwards.

However, I read some comments in fb mentioning about 2016 delivery dates for these two models. Can anybody confirm this?
No mention of the pricing of Scrambler and Multistrada as per the Motoroids report. Does that mean deliveries of these models actually begin in 2016?

Surprising !

Last edited by //M : 14th March 2015 at 16:26.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 01:01   #63
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I think is is worth sharing that I visited the Ducati Gurgaon showroom today. Of course, it helped that the showroom is actually no more than 7-8 kms from my home

The showroom is just besides the HD showroom and ironically, I asked the HD reps the address of the showroom as I had some trouble locating it. BTW, HD isn't the only bike maker in the nearby vicinity. Exactly adjacent to the Ducati showroom is another american cruiser maker - Indian motorcycles.

On to the bikes then - At this stage, the Ducati guys had Monster 795, 796, Multistrada, Panigale, and hold on - Diavel in the showroom. Of these bikes, only the Monsters were kept in the actual showroom. The rest of the bikes were in their backyard. I have to say that they are all beauties. The fit and finish, build quality (I actually think this is not as relevant for bikes as it is for cars) is impeccable - on each of the bike. The staff was very welcoming and they had none of the 'air' Euro guys tend to have.

I test drove only the Monster as it is the only bike I may be interested in buying in the mid term future. The engine note is very bass rich and is the best note I've heard from a V-twin (I mean the L-twin is basically a slightly Ducati-ish version of the same config anyway). I can bet some may actually end up liking this engine note over an inline-4. The bike is fairly light and flickable and ride and handling balance is pretty good. While the handling is superb, I actually preferred the handling of the Street Triple over this one. There is ample torque available right from the onset and bike picks up speed very quickly. You may initially feel that the engine is slightly jerky but soon realize that it is the nature of the L-twin and begin to enjoy it. The engine isn't best suited to driving at low speed at higher gears though. I felt just a wee-bit of knocking when I was driving at 70kph in fifth gear. The bike begs to be ridden hard is super happy being in that state.

Overall, the bike gets full marks from me. Now, I personally (and I think almost everybody will side by me) like the styling of the new Monster 821 more but then that is to be expected with every new gen, isn't it. Also, the 821 will be significantly costlier too. Standalone, the Monster 795 is a definite eye magnet and is sure to get you eyeballs anywhere you go. This is not something that can be said about HD Street 750 of say KTM 690, if it were to be launched in India. They look decidedly puny and may pass as regular type of bikes to the average Joe, but he Ducati Monster will most definitely not. While this may not be as not a factor for the hard core bikers, I think for a first time Sports bike user, feel of driving a big bike is very important.

I wouldn't be able to write a more detailed review due to paucity of time but ask me any questions you wish to friends! And apologies, no pics. I was in a hurry..

Regards,
Abhi.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 15th March 2015 at 01:08.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 10:35   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hi Folks,

I think is is worth sharing that I visited the Ducati Gurgaon showroom today.

Regards,
Abhi.
Did you take a look at the 899 panigale? What are your views on the bike? If you started the bike, could you compare the exhaust note to something like like an R1?
Suraj25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 11:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to go to Ducati showroom yesterday in Vasantkunj.
It was on the first floor. The design of the showroom was minimalistic, I like it that ways. It reminded of my student days in Glasgow where I used to look at the old Multistrada all day long at Ducati Great western road.

I had a good look at the Hyperstrada. Did not talk much about the prices and delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-20150314050526.jpg  

desideep is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 13:57   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

I actually know what an L twin is and how its configured and looks in terms of the cylinder positioning etc. I wanted to know how it differed in riding and performance and "feel" characteristics from say a traditional V twin (or a parallel twin). If at all.
One major difference is L twins vibrates significantly less than a v twin especially the american v-twins (the Japanese I have never ridden but my guess will be they are as good as possible -that said not my experience but internet says a ducati L twin is more balanced mechanically than the best engineered v twin ). Few years back I got astride a monster and distinctly recall while there was a subtle but noticeable vibration(relative to say an inline multi cylinder bike of Japanese make ) , it was in no way extreme or uncomfortable and actually added to the rawness of the bike .
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 10:54   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't be able to write a more detailed review due to paucity of time but ask me any questions you wish to friends! And apologies, no pics. I was in a hurry..
Any new about Scrambler?
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 11:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Did you take a look at the 899 panigale? What are your views on the bike? If you started the bike, could you compare the exhaust note to something like like an R1?
Yup, I did. My views are that it is Supersport par excellence. I can bet that the exhaust note will blow you away and any qualms you may have of not driving an inline 4 will go our of the window right away. I didn't try the bike as I am not interested in it but if looks was the only criteria, one will buy this piece of art with a blink of an eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Any new about Scrambler?
News - yes. They were not clear if this will be displayed at the time launch or not. But, they were very clear that they will only start selling Scrambler towards the fag end of April. One comment from one of the showroom guys that surprised me was that he believes the Scambler is slightly bigger looking than the Monster. In the all the videos I have seen so far, Scambler looks like a smalli-sh bike. Oh and prices are same as have already been mentioned on the forum.

BTW, even with all this great pricing - doesn't anybody believe that Benelli 600i is great VFM? A 600 cc inline 4 with decent dynamics for daily driving%5.1 lacs ex showroom?

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 17th March 2015 at 11:23.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2015, 15:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

BTW, even with all this great pricing - doesn't anybody believe that Benelli 600i is great VFM? A 600 cc inline 4 with decent dynamics for daily driving%5.1 lacs ex showroom?
Yes the scrambler is smaller than Monster and should be a good fit into our Indian Roads with its fantastic Ground Clearance. Not much of top end whack but the torque curve shows it has the grunt to cruise at 130-150 all day long without a hitch.

Petrol tank capacity with 13.5 seems to be not so great.

Comparing it with Benelli is sacrilegious...

One being an Inline 4 and the other being L-Twin (Or Tilted V Twin).
Benelli is a chinese company and am sure they are built to a price unlike the Ducatis which have always been built with an eye for artistry and elegance.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 08:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Anyways, think we are digressing from Ducati
Yup, let's drop this here.

According to the thread title today is the launch. Is it still on course?
anilupadhya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 08:57   #71
BHPian

Looks like multiple units of many bikes including the Monster, Diavel and Panigale landed on Feb 23rd.

Source:-zauba
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati_diavel.png  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati_monster.png  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati_panigale.png  

munchy_cool is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 11:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
Looks like multiple units of many bikes including the Monster, Diavel and Panigale landed on Feb 23rd.

Source:-zauba
Very interesting. The Z800 import value is lower than even the 795 bu around 20K but retails at a ex showroom price that is around 50K more.
Expecting another price drop maybe ?
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 11:44   #73
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news on the Official Launch of Ducati in India that is supposedly scheduled for today?

Prices revealed officially?

The official website does not lists any dealers in India as of now. However, the Scrambler website has India as an option, but no cities/dealerships are being highlighted in the drop-down lists.

Attached the following pictures for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-duc.png  

Ducati to re-enter India in 2015. EDIT: Bikes priced from Rs. 7.08 lakhs (page 6)-ducati.png  

//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 11:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
No sign still of Scrambler eh!!!

believe they want to launch it around April.

But is the launch happening today? Did not see any news articles on it though
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2015, 12:52   #75
BHPian

Is the launch done? No updates yet.

Or has it put off till further notice. I wonder how impatient I will be when I finally book a bike
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote