Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 29th June 2015, 14:13   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Tiger 800 XRx, XCx launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Can you please tell more about this adventure training camp? I would be interested in knowing and if time/place/price permit would like to do that.
-Pramod
Hi Pramod. Please check PM.
BuBooMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2015, 14:40   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
First service done. They did a satisfactory job. yet to cross 1000km, so still in run in period. Took the bike to an adventure off road training camp. Lots of things to learn, came away bruised, broken, poorer, but a lot more confident on the bike. So much fun! The experience was priceless!

Issues : handle seems a little off after a few drops at the training camp. SSC guys tried but couldnt get it right. Maybe its all in my head. Clutch lever bent and new one on order. Not available off the shelf.
I am pretty sure now that the bike is too top heavy and tall for me. Trying to source lowering links from the UK.

Accesories : Barkbusters are a MUST for anyone attempting even mild offroading. No more fear of broken levers/fingers. A good crash guard also necessary. Going for a SW Motech guard and Barkbuster Storms. Lowering links will do wonders to your confidence. Get those. Still on the fence regarding arrow exhaust.

Overall, this is the best bike for the money and conditions we encounter every day. Big Up
Good to see one using it right

I ride with a Tiger now and then and I love its arrow exhaust.

Also heard that a 10lac'er Tiger is on the cards. Did anyone hear similar news?
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2015, 11:36   #48
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I spoke to one of the SP's from Triumph B.U.Bhandari, Pune recently regarding the launch of the Tiger XR base version sans the cruise control and switchable rider modes. The SP confirmed that the base XR is in the pipeline and will be launched soon with an expected price of about 11 lakhs.

This would definitely make the Tiger range more tempting and accessible !
//M is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 16:04   #49
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I spoke to one of the SP's from Triumph B.U.Bhandari, Pune recently regarding the launch of the Tiger XR base version sans the cruise control and switchable rider modes. The SP confirmed that the base XR is in the pipeline and will be launched soon with an expected price of about 11 lakhs.

This would definitely make the Tiger range more tempting and accessible !
The Tiger XR is now launched at 10.5 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

Link to the thread: Tiger XR (Triumph's most affordable Tiger, the Tiger XR launched in India)
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 03:01   #50
BHPian

If you think about it for approx 1L more than the Tiger XR one can get the Tiger XRx which has the following features: Advanced trip computer, Cruise control, Road and Off Road riding modes, and 3 configurable riding modes, making it real value for money.

Can't understand which potential customer would be willing to spend 10.5L on the XR when for 11.6L he/she can get all the above mentioned features on the XRx.

Last edited by sapeco : 31st July 2015 at 03:05. Reason: text
sapeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 16:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Can't understand which potential customer would be willing to spend 10.5L on the XR when for 11.6L he/she can get all the above mentioned features on the XRx.
The difference scales up a bit when it comes to onroad price.
In Bangalore, XRX on road is 1421421 where as the XR is 1276500. Difference of almost 1.5 L could make one think twice, esp where some of the accessories included in XRX can be retrofitted at a later date.

Personally, i have been waiting for Versys 650, but longing for the tiger, main issue being budget. If versys is further delayed in launch, i might push for tiger in which case, it will have to XR mainly from cost perspective.
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 14:35   #52
BHPian

Took a test ride of Tiger 800 XCx and booked it. They told me that Triumph has stopped manufacturing / assemble Tigers in India (CKD) and now will be importing as CBU's manufactured in Thailand. This has started from 1st November, 2015. The prices have also gone up. The website shows Rs.12,70,000/- as XCx price however i am charged Rs.13,21,870/- (Ex-showroom). My XCx will be a CBU made in Thailand.
Is there any Triumph VIN Decoder from which i can check the country of manufacture and other details??
The XCx comes with tubed tyres.. is there any solution to make it tubeless?

Last edited by Devrishi : 28th November 2015 at 14:38. Reason: additional information
Devrishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2016, 10:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quite old thread, if you haven't done the tubeless wheels, check bigbadbikes dot com, solution is available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Took a test ride of Tiger 800 XCx and booked it. They told me that Triumph has stopped manufacturing / assemble Tigers in India (CKD) and now will be importing as CBU's manufactured in Thailand. This has started from 1st November, 2015. The prices have also gone up. The website shows Rs.12,70,000/- as XCx price however i am charged Rs.13,21,870/- (Ex-showroom). My XCx will be a CBU made in Thailand.
Is there any Triumph VIN Decoder from which i can check the country of manufacture and other details??
The XCx comes with tubed tyres.. is there any solution to make it tubeless?
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 00:02   #54
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just thought of updating about a recent trail ride that did with a couple of buddies and it turned out be more that what we had bargained for!

Made a video about it

A trail ride on the Gurgaon Faridabad stretch turned out be quite an ordeal! Neither had we prepared for nor bargained for what lay in store for us..

From a light trail, when the terrain started getting a bit rough, the sane amongst us returned but the six of us left the safety of a backup car following us to venture ahead. Who knew, one can get lost in the jungle so close to civilisation! No network coverage on the phone meant Google Maps were of no use.

We soon ran out water and the trail turned to a Motocross trail which meant we were soon out of our depths with the bulky Tigers. Bikes kept falling as we were losing the strength and stamina to manage them on the rough sections. After a point, all of us were dead beat tired and exhausted but somehow the two of us decided to walk ahead as one of the riders had ventured ahead and there was no sign of him! After about a kilometre or so of a hike, we were able to get him on the phone and he said he had exited the trail and was at a dhaba outside. Relieved we were for him but not for us, we walked a bit more to reach a temple and with some Divine intervention, were able to get food and water. Requested one of the younger lads at the temple to walk back with us with more food and water and help us with the bikes.

Am sure the three buddies were elated to see us when when we reached back with water and food and good news that the terrain was getting better from here on. With our thirst quenched and some food in our bellies and help from the local lad who came with us, we were able to reach the temple somehow. Oh by the way, the clutch on my Tiger gave up in this last stretch! Left it in the jungle to walk back till the temple from where I sat pillion and reached the dhaba on the road.

Thatís where we realised that one of the buddies didnít make it back to the dhaba. Called him and he said, that his clutch also gave up just near the temple. Went back to fetch him and saw that he was starting to get disoriented, I somehow managed to bring him to the dhaba as a pillion, leaving his bike too in the jungle! His disorientation became worse once we reached back and gave him some water a cold drink and we had to ultimately call for an Ambulance. All this while, we were thinking itís just a heat-stroke that he has and the imbalance and his disorientated state was because of that. About an hour that the ambulance took to reach us from Gurgaon was quite scary for us, seeing him in that state. Guess what, the ambulance refused to start after we put him in the stretcher. And mind you this was a Mercedes ambulance, what are the chances of this happening! Luckily for us there were a couple of people around and we managed to push start the ambulance and off we were to the hospital. A few days at the ICU for our friend as the doctors couldnít diagnose why it caused such an imbalance and disorientation as we were lost in the jungle for just a couple of hours. From possibilities of a snake/ insect bite to an already existing infection that may have been in his body were all considered. Allís well that endís well, he is back, safe and sound and almost ready to get back on the saddleÖ

So a normal Sunday trail ride took us from the tarmac to light trails to insane terrain to ultimately to the hospital. What a day, it was! Many lessons learnt for future trails and how one needs to prepare and be a bit more cautious and carefulÖ

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th August 2017 at 09:33. Reason: Removing old post title.
ankitwanchoo is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 14:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitwanchoo View Post

Thatís where we realised that one of the buddies didnít make it back to the dhaba. Called him and he said, that his clutch also gave up just near the temple. Went back to fetch him and saw that he was starting to get disoriented, I somehow managed to bring him to the dhaba as a pillion, leaving his bike too in the jungle!
Frightening episode with your friend, I hope he has recovered his health completely. The Tiger is huge, the fact that you guy decided taking it in that terrain astonishes me.

Also, why would the clutch fail on both the bikes?
Did you guys switch off the traction control?
Surajit333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 15:06   #56
Team-BHP Support

Thank god your friend is ok now!

but i think the whole episode was a bad bad idea! For offroad in cars or bikes there are some basic rules to be followed. One is - atleast one person should be absolutely aware of the terrain, route and conditions. Basically done a recce, by walk or otherwise. This will help decide if the route is ok for a particular class of vehicle, in this case this was definitely not an adventure (heavy) bike terrain.

Taking chances otherwise would result in injury of man or machine, no brainer at that

ps: Had been involved in one such circus on bike and several other on jeeps, so forgive me for sharing the learning.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 15:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Frightening episode with your friend, I hope he has recovered his health completely. The Tiger is huge, the fact that you guy decided taking it in that terrain astonishes me.

Also, why would the clutch fail on both the bikes?
Did you guys switch off the traction control?
Yes, he is absolutely fit and fine now. There was an infection in his body prior to the trail ride that got aggravated and caused severe dehydration.

Yes traction control was switched off on the bikes as I presume that's the right thing to do while going off-road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thank god your friend is ok now!

but i think the whole episode was a bad bad idea! For offroad in cars or bikes there are some basic rules to be followed. One is - atleast one person should be absolutely aware of the terrain, route and conditions. Basically done a recce, by walk or otherwise. This will help decide if the route is ok for a particular class of vehicle, in this case this was definitely not an adventure (heavy) bike terrain.

Taking chances otherwise would result in injury of man or machine, no brainer at that

ps: Had been involved in one such circus on bike and several other on jeeps, so forgive me for sharing the learning.
Absolutely it was and that's why I mentioned that lessons learnt the hard way. We weren't prepared for it at all and got lost to top it up! Had this been somewhere back of beyond, could have turned deadly. Thankfully this wasn't and were close to civilization, actually in the middle of it!

We now know what to do, how to prepare, what to take etc before venturing for another stunt like this. Agree with you completely that this was a bad idea!
ankitwanchoo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 17:47   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Absolutely! Proper training and guidance including a full recce is important. Most events are done right off the cuff with no initial preparation and all riders landing up at the event just before it starts. During one such event at Pench in MP, a friend on his Tiger hurt himself badly

Rider in front of him suddenly stalled and he tried panic braking during which his left finger got entangled in clutch and bark-buster and broke it. He rode back to Hyderabad with a broken finger and bent front fork

I have been invited for such events many times but, for now my intent is clear that it is only "road based" touring and also for following reasons :

1. I'm not fit enough

2. Offroading on a bike does not interest me

3. Finally and most importantly, it's an expensive sport and a small fall can result in expensive repairs to body and bike

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th August 2017 at 17:49.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 17:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Agrees on the offroad feedback. A bike like an impulse or even a duke 200 is good enough for cheap trail riding.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 19:53   #60
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, a serious off road trail requires a lighter bike with 600 cc or less, period. I realised that quite well on some serious off road stuff near Tso Moriri. That is why the Himalayan fared so much better there. I dread to think if a bike like 1200 GS falls on such treks, how the rider will pick it up alone. Unless you do off roading every other week, you will never realise the potential of these off-road biased "adventure" bikes. That's why I am sticking to road biased bikes for now as touring is really enjoyed on them.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 28th August 2017 at 19:55.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote