Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 8th May 2015, 08:59   #166
BHPian

Default Re: DSK-Benelli launches 5 motorcycles in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
You're saying it's the exact same fit? No alterations whatsoever?
Obviously not. Alterations will be needed. Extra drillings too might be needed. All that depends on your requirements and the kind of windscreen you procure.
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 09:03   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
For the 600i, the first thing i would want, if i buy one, would be to upgrade to a proper windscreen. Not only will it help curb windblast at highway speeds, but also greatly enhance the looks and differentiate it from other "ordinary commuter bikes"
DSK-Benelli is working on introducing motorcycle for the highways and the rough roads.

Quote:
Two of the motorcycles for 2016 will be variants of the TNT 300. The first is sure to get the sport-riders excited, as it will be a fully faired version of the TNT 300. It is expected to have a more aggressive set-up in ergonomics to suit its sporty intent. However, you can expect the mechanicals to be carried over unchanged. There will also be a half-faired version of the TNT 300. This variant is aimed at riders looking for a more touring-oriented motorcycle with easier ergonomics and better wind deflection than on the naked. The TNT 300 had anyway impressed us with its superb ride comfort and easy ergonomics for long distances, and this motorcycle will be a darling for tourers. We hope Benelli retunes the gearing to make the motorcycle more easy–going for long-haul riders.

What is sure to get riders salivating is the prospect of a 500cc twin-cylinder adventure bike! This is an all-new engine and platform that is undergoing development and is expected to be sourced from China. So, if we go by the pricing of the TNT 600GT, a sub-Rs 4.5 lakh price for this bike should make it an absolute sell-out!
source Autocar India

We get ample time to know more about the After Sales Service provided by DSK.
anilupadhya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 15:59   #168
BHPian

Just got the delivery of my Italian beauty in red. TNT 300i.

Here are the pics for you guys.

Before Delivery.

DSK-Benelli launches 5 motorcycles in India-img_2989.jpg

Got a glimpse of green and was told that this was the only one readily available for delivery pan India. Nonetheless, I was sold on the red. Nothing like an Italian beauty in red.

While taking the delivery.

DSK-Benelli launches 5 motorcycles in India-img_2992.jpg

Unfortunately, the sales at this lone dealership in Hyderabad is not upto the standards for a premium brand. I was delivered a bike without any papers or documents. Not even a T/R due to some server problem. I just didn't want to come back again after waiting for an hour as the delivery was promised to me today and my office was at least 45 minutes away. Worst of all, the solution dealer offered was a suggestion to drive safe and to avoid police. Furthermore, he indicated to me that such deliveries are done before and shouldn't be a problem. So, I just decided to take the risk and get the hell out of there with my bike at the earliest.

After reaching home.

DSK-Benelli launches 5 motorcycles in India-img_2991.jpg

It was such a relief to come back home finally and not worry about any police stopping me. Nonetheless, the drive was good.. Calm and mellow with few stares here and there and I made sure not to go above 60 km/hr. Unlike others here, I like the discreet nature of this bike in terms of power delivery and it suits my style. So, no complaints.. Will get the initial impressions and photo shoot done soon as the pics here don't do enough justice for this beauty as it's looks exceptional in flesh.

Ciao.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th May 2015 at 11:31. Reason: dotty post edited
classic86 is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 20:03   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Just got the delivery of my Italian beauty in red... TNT 300i..
Congratulations buddy! Looks beautiful in red! I guess yours is the first 300i on team bhp.

Looking fwd to an elaborate review with lot of pictures!
Added_flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2015, 22:33   #170
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

But that front number plate - EGAD!!!!

Manufacturers are finding novel ways to make this ugly contraption even uglier. My suggestion, get a sticker for the front number as soon as you have the necessary documentation in hand

Also, head over to these threads ASAP -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ar-thread.html (The Riding Gear thread)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...od-helmet.html (Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet)

Sort out your gear, chuck the hideous useless open face excuse of a helmet. Wish more people focus on getting their gear before their bikes but anyway

Ride safe!
Urban_Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 00:52   #171
BANNED

For the 899 the pricing seems to be very high at almost 10 lakhs on road.
Lots will prefer to own different brands (trusted and much renowned) like triumphs and harleys .atleast i can talk for myself.
bikemasterflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 10:35   #172
BHPian

For around 11 I think but the cycle parts and the engine means, imo, it is priced correctly. Is there another machine with those figures and cycle parts anywhere near the 11 lac mark where the TNT899 is selling at ?
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 13:32   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the bike. The 300i even being a twin cylinder sounds brilliant when revved. By the way do let us know how the clutch feels in heavy traffic, I found it a little hard. The bike is quite chuckable in traffic and has nice brakes.

The dealer is talking bullshit that only one bike of green available. Bangalore showroom has one for sure.

Enjoy the ride.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 16:33   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the bike. The 300i even being a twin cylinder sounds brilliant when revved. By the way do let us know how the clutch feels in heavy traffic, I found it a little hard. The bike is quite chuckable in traffic and has nice brakes.

The dealer is talking bullshit that only one bike of green available. Bangalore showroom has one for sure.

Enjoy the ride.
Thanks buddy. I can't wait to get past 1000 kms and 1600 kms on the odometer to rev past 5000 and 8000 respectively as per the manual.

The clutch is ok, not as light as you want though, in stop and go traffic. But it's not heavier than any other new bike that I drove (Classic 500, Ninja 300 or Duke 390). In fact, brakes feel light to me but I guess I have to finish the running in period to know better. Although they stop well and smooth with complete assurance.

Yeah! He even suggested I can rev it up pass 7000 rpm without any concern of running in period as these are FI bikes. I didn't buy that and neither did the manual. So, I took his suggestion with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Congratulations buddy! Looks beautiful in red! I guess yours is the first 300i on team bhp.

Looking fwd to an elaborate review with lot of pictures!
Thanks buddy. Hyderabad was not the 1st dealership.. So, not sure about the first 300i on TeamBHP but definitely 1st in Hyderabad. At least, something to cheer I guess.

Oh! I can't wait too for the review. Prepping the shots too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Congratulations!

But that front number plate - EGAD!!!!

Manufacturers are finding novel ways to make this ugly contraption even uglier. My suggestion, get a sticker for the front number as soon as you have the necessary documentation in hand

Also, head over to these threads ASAP -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ar-thread.html (The Riding Gear thread)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...od-helmet.html (Which Helmet? Tips on buying a good helmet)

Sort out your gear, chuck the hideous useless open face excuse of a helmet. Wish more people focus on getting their gear before their bikes but anyway

Ride safe!
Thanks buddy. I know, that number plate sucks. Will get it out and use a sticker at the earliest once full registration is done.

Thanks for the links. Started the search already. Any suggestions on good branded helmets?

That hideous helmet was the only one I had and my buying decision for this bike took just 2 days. So, hardly had time to buy and I wanted to buy a good one that suits this bike. Also, I guess I was more excited about the bike than the helmet. Classic nutcase scenario.

Have a good one!!!

Note from Support - Please avoid submitting posts which contain excessive dots between words (like... this....) as it affects readability. Please read the forum rules before posting any further.

Please also avoid submitting back to back posts. You can reply to multiple posts using the Multi-Quote feature. See this (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP) for instructions.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th May 2015 at 11:27. Reason: Posts merged
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 19:16   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the links... Started the search already... Any suggestions on good branded helmets?
Sure thing bud. I recommend browsing the helmet thread and surely you will find what you are looking for. If not, put up a query along with the amount you are willing to spend and you will certainly see many helpful folks jumping in with good suggestions

All the best. Ride safe and congos again!

PS - start using the multi quote option before you get rapped on the knuckles by the mods
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 19:25   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations on the purchase. A good helmet, a nice riding jacket, a pair of gloves and a pair of riding boots and voila! you are good to go. Go easy on the throttle as recommended in the manual. Here's wishing you many happy miles on the Italian beauty.

I'm about the take the plunge too, with the 600i. Arranging the finance. Still torn between the color options.

I'm told the waiting period has increased for the Benellis. Especially the 600i, the white is now 2 months away, the black and the red about a month away.
wanderlustindia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 19:31   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy...
Any suggestions on good branded helmets?
Have a good one!!!
to extend Urban Nomad's suggestions, a good starting point is to allocate about 10% of a bike's cost on safety gear - gloves, shoes, CE rated jackets & not just a decent full face lid.

Also don't get caught in marketing fluff and beware of the Internet myth: "the more expensive a helmet is, the more safe it is."

The current inflexion point is about US$100 here. Spend any more and there is no guarantee you will be any more safer. Pay more importance to date of manufacture, basic certifications, ISI (and it's original source ECE22.5), DOT. More stringent but voluntary safety standards are Snell (USA) and Sharp (UK).

Wish you miles & miles of safety & happiness on your Italian stallion!
outofthebox is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 21:55   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, congrats, that is lovely looking. I hadn't seen the BN300 in red until this picture set, and it draws a lot of admiring eyeballs.
Do start an ownership/review thread , please.

For a twin, this bikes sounds great too.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 22:25   #179
Senior - BHPian

Classic86 a big congrats to you on buying this beautiful motorcycle the TNT 300i from Benelli's stable. I must say fantastic choice of color as the bike looks smashing in this color. This parallel twin naked bike looks and means business looking at the specs and reviews.

Classic86 mate as you now already have this bike it would be great if you can bust the myths doing rounds of this being a Chinese bike and passing judgement and what not without even seeing Benelli bikes in flesh leave alone riding them.

I am glad to see this trend that I mentioned about investing atleast 10% of the motorcycles cost on good quality certified riding gears catching up. We as riders should remember that these bikes are powerful and needs to be treated with respect. Another trend or should I say safety precaution we should take is ATGATT.

Ride safe and Ride hard. Remember to put up an ownership thread as I have my eyes on the Benelli TNT 600 GT.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 13:33   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Sure thing bud. I recommend browsing the helmet thread and surely you will find what you are looking for. If not, put up a query along with the amount you are willing to spend and you will certainly see many helpful folks jumping in with good suggestions

All the best. Ride safe and congos again!

PS - start using the multi quote option before you get rapped on the knuckles by the mods
Thanks for the tip (regarding both helmet thread and multi quote options )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Many congratulations on the purchase. A good helmet, a nice riding jacket, a pair of gloves and a pair of riding boots and voila! you are good to go. Go easy on the throttle as recommended in the manual. Here's wishing you many happy miles on the Italian beauty.

I'm about the take the plunge too, with the 600i. Arranging the finance. Still torn between the color options.

I'm told the waiting period has increased for the Benellis. Especially the 600i, the white is now 2 months away, the black and the red about a month away.
Colour choice can be tricky. I had the same problem as black with red trellis frame looked good too. However, it came down to my personal style and red looked amazing outside. So, go with the gut feeling and once you take it ignore the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
to extend Urban Nomad's suggestions, a good starting point is to allocate about 10% of a bike's cost on safety gear - gloves, shoes, CE rated jackets & not just a decent full face lid.

Also don't get caught in marketing fluff and beware of the Internet myth: "the more expensive a helmet is, the more safe it is."

The current inflexion point is about US$100 here. Spend any more and there is no guarantee you will be any more safer. Pay more importance to date of manufacture, basic certifications, ISI (and it's original source ECE22.5), DOT. More stringent but voluntary safety standards are Snell (USA) and Sharp (UK).

Wish you miles & miles of safety & happiness on your Italian stallion!
10% for riding gear and $100 for a good helmet sounds like a reasonable plan. Thanks for the technicalities though. Never heard anything besides ISI so far and this is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Dude, congrats, that is lovely looking. I hadn't seen the BN300 in red until this picture set, and it draws a lot of admiring eyeballs.
Do start an ownership/review thread , please.

For a twin, this bikes sounds great too.
Here is one more for you.
DSK-Benelli launches 5 motorcycles in India-tnt-300-copy.jpg

Just waiting for a good day to get some nice clicks out of the way. Also, just finished a one off trip of 80 kms to understand the bike better and hopefully I could get the review done by this weekend..

The dealer let me test ride another 300 with a different exhaust (ix75 I suppose) and it sounded more like a triumph. Actually, that sounded better under 7000 rpm and the stock seems to sound better after 7000 rpm. But yeah, the bike had me with the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Classic86 a big congrats to you on buying this beautiful motorcycle the TNT 300i from Benelli's stable. I must say fantastic choice of color as the bike looks smashing in this color. This parallel twin naked bike looks and means business looking at the specs and reviews.

Classic86 mate as you now already have this bike it would be great if you can bust the myths doing rounds of this being a Chinese bike and passing judgement and what not without even seeing Benelli bikes in flesh leave alone riding them.

I am glad to see this trend that I mentioned about investing atleast 10% of the motorcycles cost on good quality certified riding gears catching up. We as riders should remember that these bikes are powerful and needs to be treated with respect. Another trend or should I say safety precaution we should take is ATGATT.

Ride safe and Ride hard. Remember to put up an ownership thread as I have my eyes on the Benelli TNT 600 GT.
Thanks buddy. In fact, I test drove Duke 390 and TNT 300 on the same day and I can say with my heart that Duke 390 felt and looked easily one segment cheaper. It's too early for me to comment on the long term quality of TNT 300 but initial impressions are positive and the build quality is top notch. It feels and drives like a premium bike unlike the Duke 390, which some call value for money whereas I call cheap (not in a bad sense but in terms of a bargain for power hungry buyers unlike me). On the other hand, I believe TNT 300 is more in competition with the Kawasaki Z250. However, I neither could get a test ride nor was eager for one based on the reviews online. So, can't comment on the quality in comparison to the Kawasaki.

I'm sorry for being a novice but what is ATGATT?
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote