Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 21st November 2016, 21:03   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Just curious: after how many years or kms did the battery give way?
Just a little above 1 year 6 months. :(
Shreeniwas is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2016, 11:17   #77
BHPian

Default Re: The Ninja & me - 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Needs to be checked. I am assuming both run the same front braking hardware including the Tokico calipers. If its a direct match then shame on Kawa for fleecing us with higher prices.
The CBR650F has Nissin hardware. Will be a nice jugaad retrofit if you can put the CBR's front rims on the N650. Its entirely possible that the rims are being sourced from the same supplier as both these bikes are being brought in from Thailand.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2016, 21:14   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

So, after almost two weeks I get the dreaded letter from ICICI Lombard's Mumbai office. I knew the claim was rejected as confirmed by the surveyor Chandra Deshpande, but I almost died laughing at the reason given for rejection

The Ninja & me - 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650!-icici_insurance_rejection_letter.jpg

Look at the what the letter head says - "Nibhaye Vaade"! Seriously? These guys are the biggest insurance scam artists!

So, who has experience taking such a case to the Insurance Ombudsman? Guidance bheri bheri appreciated!
IronH4WK is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 01:14   #79
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Anil, I haven't had any experience with insurance claims. But I just downloaded their Claim Form and there is a clause which says that insurance will be covered if the accident is caused by external means. I am not sure what they mean by external means (probably a third party) - but I am guessing they would have listed what is and what is not "external means". You can try and check with them as to what do they mean by "external means" and then take the case forward.

Edit : "External Means" could be things which are external to the vehicle involved. ICICI claims that the insurance will not cover normal wear and tear and electrical/electronic or mechanical breakdowns. Probably because these are not external factors - these are factors internal to the vehicle or part of the vehicle. In the case of a pothole - this cannot be an internal factor or means and is clearly external. It's beyond the vehicles or the riders control - so by all means it should be treated as an External factor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf two-wheeler-package-policy.pdf (211.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by v12 : 30th November 2016 at 01:29.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 08:48   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Default The Ninja & me - 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Hello Anil, I haven't had any experience with insurance claims. But I just downloaded their Claim Form and there is a clause which says that insurance will be covered if the accident is caused by external means. I am not sure what they mean by external means (probably a third party) - but I am guessing they would have listed what is and what is not "external means". You can try and check with them as to what do they mean by "external means" and then take the case forward.

Edit : "External Means" could be things which are external to the vehicle involved. ICICI claims that the insurance will not cover normal wear and tear and electrical/electronic or mechanical breakdowns. Probably because these are not external factors - these are factors internal to the vehicle or part of the vehicle. In the case of a pothole - this cannot be an internal factor or means and is clearly external. It's beyond the vehicles or the riders control - so by all means it should be treated as an External factor.

Thanks Allen!

I'll call them and get clarity before taking the case to the Ombudsman.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 30th November 2016 at 08:56.
IronH4WK is online now   Reply With Quote