Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 9th September 2006, 12:52   #16
Team-BHP Support

No. That is a Fireblade 919. Last of the "big" fireblades.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2006, 11:57   #17

Originally Posted by ap10046
I have been around the biking scene for the last 17 years and I have gone through a fair amount of bikes in my time.
From the truly lovely RD..had 2 of them to the rare RD400..Twin disc, square tank, alloys..through a couple of Hondas (CBX 400 and the surprisingly sprightly VF 500F2), Yamaha's mighty FZR 1000 EXUP now to the still fabulous CBR 919RR...Tadao Baba's masterpiece. The bike that all others were judged by.

I have been going through many of the posts and I would like to share my experiences to try and help some of the queries.

I swear by Johnny. He is the best. Period. There is no one more knowledgeable, more honest and upfront than him. You can take your bikes anywhere and be rest assured when all else fails it will eventually turn up at his small shop. He has been around a long long time..maybe Kishan Rao has been around longer (good guy but a bit expensive..I completely restored my Honda CB 350-4 with parts I bought exclusively from him.)
He has been a honest friend for over 15 years and has saved my hide many a time.
I have been cheated, duped and swindled by many of the so called "Dealers" in Bombay at one time or another..and I won't even get into the horror stories for now...
You can judge by yourself if you visit him and will be pleasantly surprised at his clientele, bikes and service.( although he is getting a bit long in the tooth..LOL).
My CBR is with him right this minute getting an oil change.

Anyways this is just my 2 bits worth.
Ride safe guys..its a privilege..
i wanted to get ducati s2r can u plz help me with this from where should i get r from whom should i get

aravind.p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2006, 14:42   #18
Default address...

Originally Posted by kurmist
Is this the same Tony in one of the small lanes close to Metro theatre? I have also had a few of my bikes repaired by him (RD 350 LC ypvs, Yam FZR 400, Yam XS 400 etc). He's good, but slightly expensive and slow. In fact the FZR 400 was put together by him when it was brought in from S'pore in 1991.
hi guys.. am in the process of restoring a bike... can i have an address.. of tony..?? may be of some help..

zxrr.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2006, 21:46   #19
Default Johny's the best

I too swear by Johny. I've been going to him since 1981. Initially he had his workshop on S.V. Road at Khar, then behind the bunglow near Lilavati and now at Carter. Extremely knowledgable and very reasonable. I don't think he is not approachable at all. He does a lot of work on Indian bikes as well. Even though he delegates most of the work (naturally) he usually supervises and checks the end results himself.

I shudder to think what I'll do when he retires.
rpanicker is offline   Reply With Quote