Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread

Old 23rd April 2015, 21:11   #1
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Rumour: Suzuki to locally assemble the Hayabusa

What sounds to be a real good news to the biker clan is that Suzuki is mulling to locally assemble its flagship model, the Hayabusa. The Busa is the most sought after big Suzuki in India currently and if this news is to be believed, it is surely going to give sleepless nights to the 600-1000 cc offerings from various competitors like Kawasaki, Triumph, Benelli and Ducati.

Suzuki recently launched the Hayabusa Limited Edition in India at 16.2 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

Here's a quoted post from RushLane about Suzuki's plans for the Busa:
Quote:
As a result of reliable sales of Suzuki Hayabusa in India, the company is planning to switch from CBU to CKD. Hayabusa is a highly desired superbike in Indian motorcycle community, whose claim to fame from featuring in a highly successful Bollywood flick hasn’t been forgotten yet. Not that the 197 PS machine which can throw the pointer till 299 kmph until electronics intervene, needed any other reason to turn towards.

Therefore, the Hayabusa, which is currently being retailed at Rs. Rs. 15.95 lakhs for regular and Rs. 16.20 lakhs for the Z Edition (ex-showroom Delhi), would receive new price tags, starting at around Rs. 11 lakhs.
Source: Rushlane
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Suzuki to locally assemble the Hayabusa-2014suzukihayabusa50thanniversaryedition.jpg  

Last edited by //M : 23rd April 2015 at 21:17.
//M is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 09:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Rumour: Suzuki to locally assemble the Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Suzuki recently launched the Hayabusa Limited Edition in India at 16.2 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
Whoops Did i hear a groan/moan from the existing Hayabusa owners? Their stocks just went down crashing.

Yes at 11 Lakhs this will be a very hard motorcycle to tick off from the list.
Fantastic Balance on the machine, Excellent riding Ergonomics makes it a wonderful tourer as well.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Whoops Did i hear a groan/moan from the existing Hayabusa owners? Their stocks just went down crashing.

Yes at 11 Lakhs this will be a very hard motorcycle to tick off from the list.
Fantastic Balance on the machine, Excellent riding Ergonomics makes it a wonderful tourer as well.
Only the ZX14R evokes as much awe as this bike does in the right hands on the right piece of tarmac.

Why is Kawasaki and Bajaj sleeping on a whopping first-mover advantage they have been holding for close to 7 years now? It would be peanuts for Kawasaki to set up a dedicated assembly line with Bajaj at Chakan.
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:47   #4
BHPian

Hi
High time these liter class bikes were assembled here!!! If Suzuki does start the Busa in CKD am sure Honda, Kawa and Yamaha will HAVE to follow suit.

The Indian Biking scene can change radically with Fireblades, R1 s and the likes being available for sane money. It always seemed unfair to me that I had to cough up almost double due to the duties as compared to other bikers in various parts of the world.

Bajaj in my opinion should have set the ball rolling earlier as they seemed best positioned to!!! Seems that the Indian biker has good times ahead.

Rgds
dinyaar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 11:51   #5
BHPian

Amazing piece of news if it's true. Now the likes of Triumph, Honda and Kawasaki have quite a lot to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Why is Kawasaki and Bajaj sleeping on a whopping first-mover advantage they have been holding for close to 7 years now? It would be peanuts for Kawasaki to set up a dedicated assembly line with Bajaj at Chakan.
In two words, commitment phobia.
Old 24th April 2015, 12:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Only the ZX14R evokes as much awe as this bike does in the right hands on the right piece of tarmac.

Yes agree to your thought process there.
Suppose Kawasaki and Bajaj are too lazy dragging their feet in the SBK world.
But Kawasaki are really stretching their SBK World when compared to the other Japanese Big Ones.
They can be a bit more aggressive by launching a few middle weight bikes from all their versions.
KLR 650 is another bike that should do them real good wonders.

PS: I know you would prefer those fairing (Dhoomwala) motorcycles
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Suzuki to locally assemble the Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
PS: I know you would prefer those fairing (Dhoomwala) motorcycles
Yes absolutely Mahesh. At 44, if I don't own one soon, when I finally do, I might not be able to straighten up from the perma-crouch once I stop, and might have to be carried off the bike in a hoist, in the same position.

Enough time for the go-anywhere nakeds after that.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 13:07   #8
BHPian

Default Re: Suzuki to locally assemble the Hayabusa

The ZX 6R is already doomed before it reaches Indian shore via CBU at a price of 12 - 13 lakhs, with the Busa about to be priced at the same range.

Suzuki would have surely got the other Japanese manufactures in a fix with their future strategy on their SBK lineup for India.

The Busa already has a cult following in India and with this reduction in price of 5 lakhs it is just gonna heat things up further.

I just hope Kawa follows suit and get the 14 R via the same CKD route to India. I had a wide grin on my face as soon as i read this news and the first call was to wifey to inform her that the wait of owning the 14 R just got shorter (if Kawa follows suit) or else the Busa it is

I really pity existing Busa owners. I know off two people who have picked up used Busa's in the past few months at a price, which would be no longer worth bragging about.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 14:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

The question is when will this happen.
And if it does then this is surely going to change the Pre-owned SBK market. Cause at the moment even 7/8 yr old SBK's hold a really sick value whether Legal or not.
This also means massive depreciation for other SBK's around faired and nakeds.

All the prices go for a toss making the Pre owned SBK market a super deal for a lot of people.

Time to sell, Wait and watch.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 14:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

I dont know much about Busa except youtube videos and pics... but one thing is for sure. The cat will be set amongst the others who didnt dare to setup a CKD (Or even manufacture) unit in India for this burgeoning market of SBKs. I for sure hope a good entry level 400-600 fast bike can be purchased soon for 3-4Lac range once such local assembly shops come up.
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 17:56   #11
BHPian

WOW!!! I was planning for a 600cc next year, looks like I might save bit more and upgrade to litre-class.

Daytona (675cc) - 12Lac
Hayabusa (1340cc) - 11Lac

If this happens to be true, well every other manufacturer is going to have a nightmare.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th April 2015 at 23:08. Reason: Only two smileys per post, please read the forum rules carefully, thanks
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 18:30   #12
BHPian

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...n-india/21764/

It was fun while it lasted
Sojogator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 18:46   #13
BHPian

Good job Suzuki. If you pull this off you will extend your accessibility to an even lager spectrum of prospective clients. I remember when the Busa was launched initially it had an ex showroom price of around 11.75 which steadily climbed with each passing year.

This is one of the last of the old school motorcycles that is devoid and thankfully so of any electronic gadgetry. Brutal , comfortable and non forgiving .Having said this I feel simply because the Hayabusa is going to be priced in the same league as some 600cc it is definitely not an alternative for it. Two completely different genres that should not be mixed.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 19:08   #14
BHPian

Although I dont plan or dream of owning a Busa, and I drool more over sharper litre class bikes but somehow everytime I think of it Hayabusa seems to be a more practical bike than a litre class bike atleast in the Indian context to me.

I mean I know everybody who rides a Busa gets termed as a showoff, but I honestly believe that BUSA makes more sense than lets say a ZX10r.

Its smooth, wickedly powerful in a straight line, has more comfy riding position, your wife will not kill you if you make her sit as a pillion, plus it looks the part too, grabs attention like anything, a huge range of after market stuff is available. I mean I feel a normal man can use Hayabusa more than a litre class bike in Indian conditions.

Probably that is why a lot of sensible guys in India too ride Busas.

What do you guys think.

Regards
Rachit
Old 8th March 2016, 02:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Hayabusa to be assembled in India, and expected to be Rs 2 lakh cheaper.

Suzuki has earmarked an exclusive, special production line within its present Manesar manufacturing facility from where the 2016 model Hayabusa shall be assembled.

Quote:
The 2016 model Hayabusa is already sold in India, at an ex-showroom price of Rs 16 lakh, and the welcome shift to a CKD import route will drop the Hayabusa’s price to Rs 14 lakh, ex-showroom, in a sizeable Rs 2 lakh dip.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-400688.aspx
volkman10 is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread