Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 8th May 2015, 11:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Indian Roadmaster and Chief Dark Horse launched in India

Indian Motorcycles has officially opened its latest showroom in India in Bengaluru. Along with the dealership launch, the Polaris Industries subsidiary has also launched two new motorcycles i.e. the Indian Roadmaster and the Chief Dark Horse.

The Chief Dark Horse is priced at Rs. 21.99 lakh, while the Roadmaster will empty your pockets by Rs. 34.95 lakh (both prices ex-showroom Delhi).

Part of the ‘Cruiser’ family – the Dark Horse is powered by a 1,811cc Thunder stroke twin cylinder engine that makes 139 Nm of torque at 2,600 rpm. The bike is blacked-out from end to end, including the wheels, forks, handlebars, engine, and bodywork. Indian offers the Dark Horse with features like ABS, cruise control and keyless ignition among others.

The Roadmaster from the ‘Touring’ range uses the same engine as the Dark Horse and makes the same amount of torque as well. The bike comes equipped with a horizon power windshield with push-button adjustability, over 140 litres of storage space along with remote locking, heated rider and passenger seats with individual controls and high and low settings and heated handlebar grips with ten settings.

Like the rest of Indian's range, the motorcycles will be sold in India as direct imports.

Indian Roadmaster and Chief Dark Horse launched in India-1ind.jpg

Indian Roadmaster and Chief Dark Horse launched in India-2ind.jpg
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 11:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Indian Roadmaster and Chief Dark Horse launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The Chief Dark Horse is priced at Rs. 21.99 lakh, while the Roadmaster will empty your pockets by Rs. 34.95 lakh (both prices ex-showroom Delhi).
Somehow feel they might not sell well with those huge astronomical sale figures. Indian Motorcycles are more nicher brand and not may people actually recognize them in comparison with HD.

They should quickly adapt the CKD Route to make themselves more competitive else am afraid they might end up like Moto Guzzi Showroom in Bangalore.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 12:31   #3
BHPian

Default Re: Indian Roadmaster and Chief Dark Horse launched in India

Agree with ku69rd here. Prices aren't exactly 'friendly'. They surely need to revv up their PR and outreach. Word of mouth too, will play a big role here.

I do have to say that I'm totally smitten by the Dark Horse. The finishing and the curves on that piece of metal are just too much to handle. Being a total fanboy.
I do hope that my first ride on it (soon, perhaps) turns out to be equal to the high expectations that it has given me.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote