Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 18:43   #211
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Price went back to its normal range. Looks like the website guys screwed up or something:

http://www.honda2wheelersindia.com/cbr650f/price
Not entirely sure about that. There is one booking in Bangalore at the reduced price (confirmed - he joined our whatsapp group). Wonder what HMSI are upto.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2017, 21:54   #212
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Mostly stock clearance then. I don't suppose the last 3 months have been favorable for any motorcycle manufacturer. But did they really drop the price by nearly a lakh for that guy in your group?
Nithesh_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 15:53   #213
BHPian
 
aditya.bhardwaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 194
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Just confirmed from the Delhi dealership. Seems like a stock clearance. Now i am too confused whether to go for the present variant or wait for the updated one ? Suggestions are surely welcome .

Thanks
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 20:00   #214
BHPian
 
Cyborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 359
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Now I am too confused whether to go for the present variant or wait for the updated one ? Suggestions are surely welcome.
Aditya,

How often are you going to buy a bike in this range? Not too often I would think.

After a few months irrespective of what you may tell people as your justification for buying the older version to save money, you will in your heart always feel you should have bought the latest model. I would not be greedy and buy the new/2017 model.

Do update on your final decision.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 00:03   #215
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,405
Thanked: 14,158 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
You will in your heart always feel you should have bought the latest model.
The new Honda 650 looks significantly better (Hope they offer the new colour schemes as well). Plus the scenario is getting very hot in that price range with the all new Ninja 650, Z900 and Street Tripple 765 coming in as well.

Better to wait and take a decision.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 10:55   #216
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,050
Thanked: 607 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

If Kawasaki does start local assembly of its bikes, something thats being speculated these days due to its tie up with Bajaj not being renewed post April'17, the likes of Versys and other 650s, the Z900 etc might become slightly more affordable. Worth the wait i think.
Nilesh5417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 16:24   #217
BHPian
 
aditya.bhardwaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 194
Thanked: 195 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Aditya,

How often are you going to buy a bike in this range? Not too often I would think.

After a few months irrespective of what you may tell people as your justification for buying the older version to save money, you will in your heart always feel you should have bought the latest model. I would not be greedy and buy the new/2017 model.

Do update on your final decision.

Cheers
Well i think, this is the only bike i shall buy in this range . I had a discussion with my dad and he told me the same thing. Wait for a few months and then take a decision. I guess, i will at least wait till june as the 2017 model is supposed to come towards that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The new Honda 650 looks significantly better (Hope they offer the new colour schemes as well). Plus the scenario is getting very hot in that price range with the all new Ninja 650, Z900 and Street Tripple 765 coming in as well.

Better to wait and take a decision.
Exactly, i have decided to wait for a while and not jump on the decision at the moment as its an extremely big investment.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 22:35   #218
BHPian
 
Cyborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 359
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Wait for a few months and then take a decision. I guess, i will at least wait till june as the 2017 model is supposed to come towards that time.
Wise decision Aditya.

One more thing, June 2017 is also the start of the rainy season which means limited riding if at all. I would advice you to put the amount which is to be used for the bike purchase in a fixed deposit for five/six months from June and buy the bike in October/November (after the rains). The interest which you get may be used towards riding gear or whatever your heart desires.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 12:26   #219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

There's a good chance you might see another Revfest in August this year. HMSI is scheduled to launch the CRF1000L Africa Twin in the first half of 2017 so they might club the two events together.
Nithesh_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 21:21   #220
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 173
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Hi guys. The news going around is that Honda and Kawasaki are discounting the old 650s by nearly a lakh rupees before April 1st BSIV norms kick in. The existing bikes are BSIII variants so its more of a stock clearance. I read this from a few online reports but since I am not in Bangalore or any of the cities where they sell the CBR650F you may want to contact your local Honda dealer who does sell them and confirm about it.

Good luck. The 2017 CBR650F may be launched this year since the current 650F is no longer legal to be sold after April.
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2017, 21:55   #221
BHPian
 
Added_flavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 597
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
you may want to contact your local Honda dealer who does sell them and confirm about it.
Yes, it is confirmed. A rider friend got his 650F delivered a couple of weeks ago and mine is expected to be delivered the following week.

In fact, there have been quite a lot of bookings after the discounts have been announced on the 2016 model, as it is very much VFM now. The price is around 7.7L OTR Bangalore, now.
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2017, 03:37   #222
BHPian
 
hiren.mistry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bombay, London
Posts: 884
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Hi guys. The news going around is that Honda and Kawasaki are discounting the old 650s by nearly a lakh rupees before April 1st BSIV norms kick in. The existing bikes are BSIII variants so its more of a stock clearance. I read this from a few online reports but since I am not in Bangalore or any of the cities where they sell the CBR650F you may want to contact your local Honda dealer who does sell them and confirm about it.

Good luck. The 2017 CBR650F may be launched this year since the current 650F is no longer legal to be sold after April.
I doubt the discount is on account of the emission norms. The Kawasaki 650 range has been updated from the ground up for 2017 and the Honda 650 also had had a nice facelift. I believe the dealers/company is trying to sell off the old stock before the new 2017 models are launched.

Regards
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 10:45   #223
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2,008 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Hey guys,

My bro has booked 650F and is taking the delivery sometime early next month. He was given the following VIN by the dealer and I would really appreciate if any of you can help me decode it:

ME4RC841BH8000293

Tried searching online and this thread but could not get any conclusive info.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 11:48   #224
BHPian
 
Added_flavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 597
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey guys,

My bro has booked 650F and is taking the delivery sometime early next month. He was given the following VIN by the dealer and I would really appreciate if any of you can help me decode it:

ME4RC841BH8000293

Tried searching online and this thread but could not get any conclusive info.
Although I haven't been able to find a legitimate VIN decoder for the 650F myself, this is what I have learnt from my discussion with the Wing World guys and by observing the VIN of a few other bikes.

The 9th and 10th letters in the VIN signify the month and year of manufacture respectively.

A - January
B - February
C - March
.
.
etc.

A - 2010
B - 2011
C - 2012
D - 2013
.
.
etc.

The 9th and 10th letters on my bike are JG which signifies that it was manufactured in October 2016, which is in line with what the dealer told me.

So, this bike has been manufactured in February 2017.

As I said earlier, this might not be 100% accurate.
Added_flavor is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 11:53   #225
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 107
Thanked: 65 Times
Post Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey guys,

My bro has booked 650F and is taking the delivery sometime early next month. He was given the following VIN by the dealer and I would really appreciate if any of you can help me decode it.
This is what I got from an online decoder:
Name:  VIN.png
Views: 548
Size:  42.3 KB

Last edited by Funny : 21st April 2017 at 11:54.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yogisays09's 2011 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250S and 2007 Honda CBR 1000RR yogisays0909 Superbikes & Imports 149 7th February 2017 17:12
2014 Honda CBR 250R shares design with the recently unveiled CBR 300R JayPrashanth Motorbikes 6 25th October 2013 17:21
CBR 250R or CBR 600F2 sharad_kmc Superbikes & Imports 8 14th March 2013 21:04
Kawasaki 650f India bound? shayne Superbikes & Imports 15 26th June 2010 19:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks