Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 20th August 2015, 04:08   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congrats Rachit! I understand the feeling you must be going through. What modifications and accessories are you planning for the bike? Waiting for your ownership thread!!
Thank you very much V12.
Here are a few things I have planned:
1) 3M Paint protection Film. Wherever it is possible. They generally advice to avoid it on white colors because its supposed to get creamish after a couple of years and it is visible on white only. But I dont mind it as it does not come out to be very expensive to replace it after a couple of years for a bike. Also they don't prefer curves on the bike's tank and stuff. They prefer flat surfaces. Will pay them a visit tomorrow and check.
2) Frame Sliders. Still on the look out, most probably the R&G one's. Don't know from where to source it, as most of the US websites don't show them in stock.
3) Yoshimura fender eliminator kit
4) Maybe an HRC tank pad
5) Wrapping the windscreen Matte black and getting 46 written on it.
6) Gear Indicator. I seriously feel the need of a gear indicator on this bike. I have seen a few one's that can be fitted. Need advice on this or help on how to ride it without the gear indicator. I mean it pulls cleanly from 40-50 in 6th gear, not sure if its the right way to ride it.
7) Maybe sometime in future, I will get the Akra full system.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 07:23   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Thank you very much V12.
Here are a few things I have planned:
Congrats on the bike
I think the first modification you should do is get rid of that horrendous saree guard.
TheCelestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 09:41   #108
BHPian

Quote:
So took the delivery of my baby today. Have waited for 8 long years for my own inline 4.
Congratulations bro! She's an absolute beauty and I'm sure you'll cherish every single minute with her!

You are right about the 3M PPF. The one on my bike's white tank turned yellowish in under a year. Instead, you might want to look at lacquering all the fibre parts. I remember my Honda A.S.S offered it for my CBR 250R. Do check it out.

An after market gear indicator might not go down well with Honda in terms of warranty. I suggest not to go for it. I'm sure it's a matter of a few hundred kilometres before you understand the bike, after which you will not have to 'count' gears any more.

Looking forward to an elaborate review from your end. Cheers! Ride safe.
Added_flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 10:50   #109
BHPian

Congrats @Rachit.K.Dogra on the beauty that makes you realize your long awaited dream.
Cheers to many a miles ahead !

Regarding modifications that you have planned,
1. Add a fork protector and a spool set as a priority. Cosmetic bits can wait IMO.
2. Suggest you to avoid ppf for the tank in the area where you grip the tank. It will make the place further slippery. Instead go for tank grips. They look good and help you a long way in gripping the tank and saves the scratches.
3. Might want to reconsider the wrapping of the wind shield. You will see a lot through it while you are crouching.
4. You will not need a gear indicator. Not worth risking warranty. As long as the bike does not react negatively you are good to go.

And control the right wrist during the run in, most difficult task ever
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 12:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new bike Rachit! She's a beauty.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 12:35   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much V12.
Congrats on the bike! I would suggest talking to people at MotoFusion.in to get fork, swingarm and flame sliders for this beauty. They have some sort of a program where you help them develop new products and get them for free. Check it out here and see if that's something useful. I've recently ordered for some stuff from them, and the reviews are pretty good.
RiderZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 12:48   #112
BHPian

Rachit bhai, please accept my heartiest congratulations on acquiring something you patiently waited for since ages. Takes a man to do that!

Looking forward to see you on Saturday (if you can make it) and see her roaring!
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 12:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your bike Rachit, Would be looking forward for your journey with her.
Cheers.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 13:14   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So took the delivery of my baby today. Have waited for 8 long years for my own inline 4. The dealer told me, mine is the first delivery in Delhi. Might it be the first in the country? Considering the factory is here and he should be the first to get the bikes? Not sure, plus it does not really matter to me as well.

...............The feeling has still not sunk in. Hopefully will, in a couple of days..
Congratulations Rachit! Is a beauty. Here's to wishing you many, many miles of happy riding. Do start an ownership thread separately - it will be great to see regular updates. Congrats again!
naveenroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 15:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Congrats on the bike
I think the first modification you should do is get rid of that horrendous saree guard.
Thank you very much. Yes, that is definately on the cards. They didnt have the required nut/holder thing to fill the gap. Will wait for it to arrive and then get it removed. Hopefully by next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Congratulations bro! She's an absolute beauty and I'm sure you'll cherish every single minute with her!

You are right about the 3M PPF. The one on my bike's white tank turned yellowish in under a year. Instead, you might want to look at lacquering all the fibre parts. I remember my Honda A.S.S offered it for my CBR 250R. Do check it out.

An after market gear indicator might not go down well with Honda in terms of warranty. I suggest not to go for it. I'm sure it's a matter of a few hundred kilometres before you understand the bike, after which you will not have to 'count' gears any more.

Looking forward to an elaborate review from your end. Cheers! Ride safe.
Thank you so much for the wishes and helpful suggestions. For the 3M PPF the guy here gave me a huge estimate too. Much higher than my expectation. He said around 10K to do fairing, tank and front mudguard. I will check with Honda ASS for the lacquer, otherwise in my opinion regular polishing also really helps in most cases.

Yeah, I will try to ride it a bit more before deciding on the gear indicator. I am hoping I will get a knack for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Congrats @Rachit.K.Dogra on the beauty that makes you realize your long awaited dream.
Cheers to many a miles ahead !

Regarding modifications that you have planned,
1. Add a fork protector and a spool set as a priority. Cosmetic bits can wait IMO.
2. Suggest you to avoid ppf for the tank in the area where you grip the tank. It will make the place further slippery. Instead go for tank grips. They look good and help you a long way in gripping the tank and saves the scratches.
3. Might want to reconsider the wrapping of the wind shield. You will see a lot through it while you are crouching.
4. You will not need a gear indicator. Not worth risking warranty. As long as the bike does not react negatively you are good to go.

And control the right wrist during the run in, most difficult task ever
Thank you very much Sojogator.
Thank you for your suggestions. Will definately try to spend more time with stuff to figure actual needs like wrapping the windshield.

For the protectors, I was just waiting for the R&G one's to show up on Revzilla and then combine stuff and order in one go as they dont ship internationally for orders below 300$.

Any decent Spool protectors? Fork I can go with R&Gs?

Do we get transparent tank grips as well? Dont want a black one.

The dealer said, the engine are pre run-in. He did say to keep it below 4K RPM for the first 500 Kms. Honestly dont even have the guts to go much past it as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congratulations on your new bike Rachit! She's a beauty.
Thank you very much Doc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Congrats on the bike! I would suggest talking to people at MotoFusion.in to get fork, swingarm and flame sliders for this beauty. They have some sort of a program where you help them develop new products and get them for free. Check it out here and see if that's something useful. I've recently ordered for some stuff from them, and the reviews are pretty good.
Thank you very much. Really? for free? Wow, I am going to write them today only.
Thank you for the advice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Rachit bhai, please accept my heartiest congratulations on acquiring something you patiently waited for since ages. Takes a man to do that!

Looking forward to see you on Saturday (if you can make it) and see her roaring!
Thank you very much brother. Will definitely try for saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congratulations on your bike Rachit, Would be looking forward for your journey with her.
Cheers.
Thank you very much sir..

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Congratulations Rachit! Is a beauty. Here's to wishing you many, many miles of happy riding. Do start an ownership thread separately - it will be great to see regular updates. Congrats again!
Thank you very much. Yup, it will have a thread. Have dreamt of writing the thread for years. Its WIP right now. Want to get some more KMs under my belt to form educated opinions.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 16:39   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much Sojogator.
Any decent Spool protectors? Fork I can go with R&Gs?

Do we get transparent tank grips as well? Dont want a black one.

The dealer said, the engine are pre run-in. He did say to keep it below 4K RPM for the first 500 Kms. Honestly dont even have the guts to go much past it as of now.
Rachit
R&G are top notch quality.

They sell spools too. Or you can get ones with sliders. I got mine from FlyByMoto. Guess motofusion creates similar ones as well. You could contact them on FB and checkout.

Transparent for the looks eh ? I got mine from aliexpress for 700 odd bucks. It is not transparent but translucent. Most useful accessory I have on my bike !

If they are pre run in, it is great. But then you should also not have first service at 1 month then ? I suggest going by the manual if it has any instructions regarding break in period.
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 18:49   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So took the delivery of my baby today
Heartiest congos Rachit bhai!! She's a looker

Lemme know when and where the paaaaartyyyyyyyyy is, and I shall bring myself and my appetite along

When are we riding next?
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 19:59   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
R&G are top notch quality.

They sell spools too. Or you can get ones with sliders. I got mine from FlyByMoto. Guess motofusion creates similar ones as well. You could contact them on FB and checkout.

Transparent for the looks eh ? I got mine from aliexpress for 700 odd bucks. It is not transparent but translucent. Most useful accessory I have on my bike !

If they are pre run in, it is great. But then you should also not have first service at 1 month then ? I suggest going by the manual if it has any instructions regarding break in period.
Thank you very much for all the suggestions brother. I will definitely go through these things. Have a lot of stuff to order now.

I agree to you on the running in. Even I believe in running in because from what I have read, its not only the engine but other bits like tyres, brakes etc also require proper run in. Also, somehow don't have a very strong urge to really rev it. Mostly get scared with the result. I also need to break in with the bike and improve my control and let my reflexes get used to acceleration.

For engine run in, I now don't believe in sticking to a certain RPM limit. I believe in riding as I normally would and avoiding 3 things:
1) High Revs. Still stay below 5K-6K on this bike
2) Constant Speeds
3) Big traffic jams
4) Sudden burst of acceleration

Any thoughts on this are most welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Heartiest congos Rachit bhai!! She's a looker

Lemme know when and where the paaaaartyyyyyyyyy is, and I shall bring myself and my appetite along

When are we riding next?
Thank you so much brother. Definitely, the next time we ride the party is on me.

Rachit
Old 20th August 2015, 20:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rachit. Honda 650F is a sensible I4 all rounder.

Regarding Run-in, i would suggest you to follow points mentioned in Owners manual. After all the people who have manufactured the bike know more about it than us.

Avoid city traffic for initial few hundred KM. City traffic puts lot of stress on bike components.
Important point is to relax and ride calmly. Avoid sudden acceleration and deceleration.
Tyres will require atleast 160KM before they can provide full traction. Also brakes will improve over time. You may feel the brakes to be a bit under powered initially which will improve as you ride more. Also riding away from city traffic will make you to connect better with your bike as you need not fight with other commuters for right of way

Sojo has listed out all the points but still i will say again . - Get Frame sliders, Radiator guard first as every thing else can wait IMO.

Instead of 3M PPF, apply a layer of wax on fairing when ever you wash it and rub it. PPF is good on small sized parts like tank but not worth the money on big fairing of CBR650F.
All the best.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2015, 21:59   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats Rachit. Honda 650F is a sensible I4 all rounder.

Regarding Run-in, i would suggest you to follow points mentioned in Owners manual. After all the people who have manufactured the bike know more about it than us.

Avoid city traffic for initial few hundred KM. City traffic puts lot of stress on bike components.
Important point is to relax and ride calmly. Avoid sudden acceleration and deceleration.
Tyres will require atleast 160KM before they can provide full traction. Also brakes will improve over time. You may feel the brakes to be a bit under powered initially which will improve as you ride more. Also riding away from city traffic will make you to connect better with your bike as you need not fight with other commuters for right of way

Sojo has listed out all the points but still i will say again . - Get Frame sliders, Radiator guard first as every thing else can wait IMO.

Instead of 3M PPF, apply a layer of wax on fairing when ever you wash it and rub it. PPF is good on small sized parts like tank but not worth the money on big fairing of CBR650F.
All the best.
Thank you very much sir. Reading the feedback, I am now kind of backing out on the idea of 3M. I might get it in smaller parts here and there. As with my car, I also believe regular polishing does take care of most of the things.
Hopefully will do that and get an HRC tank pad.

This is what I found in the Manual:
Riding Precautions During the first 500 km (300 miles) of running, follow these guidelines to ensure your motorcycle’s future reliability and performance.
● Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
● Avoid hard braking and rapid down-shifts.
● Ride conservatively.

I will take care of these things.

Rachit