Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 10th September 2015, 22:23   #31
BHPian

Default re: A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: 1 year update on page 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Washing and waxing I can promise I will be regular with. Have been doing it for the car, bike is much easier.
2 things:
1) Avoid pressure wash (will mess sensors)
2) Avoid directing jet stream to radiator(will bend fins)

Also avoid aftermarket clutch levers from Chinese or reputed makes for now. There is a big confusion regarding fittings because most makers thought the 600F and the 650F are the same bikes. Most who ordered the levers either had to return it or had to file the excess material off to do jugaad fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Congrats Rachit. Actually there seem to be no slip-on exhausts for the CBR due to it under frame design.
Actually there is no slip-on exhaust because the exhaust unit from headers to end can is a single unit. The catcon sits underneath the bike in the big black box as viewed from side.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 10th September 2015 at 22:40.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 10:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plus after the Run In I will not have to try to keep revs in check so hopefully that will also help.

Haha, you will never see the redline even if you try to ride like a you know what. Before you hit 10000 RPM you are already over 80kmph in first gear. Thats impossible in even our tracks sometimes let alone city traffic

So dont worry man, just ride it like you ride any other bike.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 19:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
2 things:
1) Avoid pressure wash (will mess sensors)
2) Avoid directing jet stream to radiator(will bend fins)

Also avoid aftermarket clutch levers from Chinese or reputed makes for now. There is a big confusion regarding fittings because most makers thought the 600F and the 650F are the same bikes. Most who ordered the levers either had to return it or had to file the excess material off to do jugaad fix.

Actually there is no slip-on exhaust because the exhaust unit from headers to end can is a single unit. The catcon sits underneath the bike in the big black box as viewed from side.
Thanks for the advice bro. Will keep these pointers in mind.
I don't intend to change the levers as of now. I am good with stock one's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Haha, you will never see the redline even if you try to ride like a you know what. Before you hit 10000 RPM you are already over 80kmph in first gear. Thats impossible in even our tracks sometimes let alone city traffic

So dont worry man, just ride it like you ride any other bike.
I completely agree sir. Seeing Redline on this bike is not going to be easy on our roads atleast. Plus in most cases you wouldn't even need to, considering meat of the torque is in the mid range. Its just that during Run-In you are trying to stay within lower Revs and be easy and that sort of a thing that sometimes was making me run a gear higher. Now I am kind of getting used to it.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 20:31   #34
BHPian

Congratulations, Rachit! Great to see an ownership report so soon on tbhp for a bike that was so looked forward too.

She looks absolutely stunning!

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2015, 17:12   #35
e46
BHPian

Nicely put down Rachit. Aptly reflects what an average Joe like us with nil big bike experience, feels when riding one for the first time.

Congrats. I waited for this bike very long, ever since it debuted in the form of CBR600 f. That I guess was even more desirable. Ride safe, especially while carrying spouse or kid.
e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 12:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Congratulations, Rachit! Great to see an ownership report so soon on tbhp for a bike that was so looked forward too.

She looks absolutely stunning!

Cheers,
Sting
Thank you very much sir. Yeah, I have been following up on this bike since Auto Expo 2014. Mine was the 4th in country and 1st in North India. I was really after the dealer's life to get me the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Nicely put down Rachit. Aptly reflects what an average Joe like us with nil big bike experience, feels when riding one for the first time.

Congrats. I waited for this bike very long, ever since it debuted in the form of CBR600 f. That I guess was even more desirable. Ride safe, especially while carrying spouse or kid.
Thank you very much sir. Yup, in my opinion CBR600F is more desirable too. More power, Upside Down forks etc. This one looks a wee bit more modern and fresh than that one, but its probably because it is. Otherwise as a package that bike is definitely more desirable.

Rachit
Old 14th September 2015, 13:10   #37
BHPian

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but Many many congratulations on acquiring one of the best Sports Tourers. I had checked out the bike at the showroom and everything on the bike felt great, quality stuff. Wishing you many happy kilometers on her, Ride Safe!!
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 22:35   #38
BHPian

Big congratulations on the dream come true, Rachit. I see you're already got/ordered the protection bits for self and bike. Keep them coming! Sadly Honda isn't offering any color choices, I liked the other single schemes better.

Do update on the more practical aspects of the bike, comfort, vibes, ABS sensitivity and headlamps - the last with pictures if you can. Any plans for touring, as in really long multiday trips?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 08:24   #39
BHPian

Congratulations!, Rachit. Your supersport looks amazing. I could not stop staring jaws open at the beauty. Having owned a CBR 250 R before getting my RE Thunderbird 500, it makes me wants to get another Honda.

Honda bikes are always known to be styled well and have smoother & more refined engines, compared to the more mercurial kwaks and yamahas.
Looks like this one is no different.

It is nice to see your other half and baby on the bike, enjoying.
Enjoy your ride and wishing you miles and miles of safe riding.
Cheers!
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 21:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but Many many congratulations on acquiring one of the best Sports Tourers. I had checked out the bike at the showroom and everything on the bike felt great, quality stuff. Wishing you many happy kilometers on her, Ride Safe!!
Thank you very much sir. Yeah, the build quality does seem to to be good. The paint quality, proportions and the plastics do feel good for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Big congratulations on the dream come true, Rachit. I see you're already got/ordered the protection bits for self and bike. Keep them coming! Sadly Honda isn't offering any color choices, I liked the other single schemes better.

Do update on the more practical aspects of the bike, comfort, vibes, ABS sensitivity and headlamps - the last with pictures if you can. Any plans for touring, as in really long multiday trips?
Thank you very much brother. I think my first preference would have been the all white and this one was a close second.

I am slowly slowly working on the part and accessories bit. Trying to find from where I can get the best and at the lowest price. A colleague was travelling to UK so ordered R&G Aero frame sliders and R&G radiator guard. Just praying hard it gets delivered to him on time before he comes back.

Comfort - I did ride the bike for extended periods this weekend and I did feel some light pain in the neck and lower back. No pain on the palms of the hand. I am bit rusted too and have not been riding for these many hours in a single go. But for most people who ride regularly this bike should be pretty comfortable.
ABS Sensitivity - Honestly didn't feel it kicking in yet.
Headlamps - Better than Karizma. Not sure about other big bikes. They are okay not like super great.
Vibes - Yes, there are vibrations. This is only un-Honda like thing in this bike. It has some vibrations mostly off throttle and only during certain RPM ranges.

I will click more pics and will then share brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
Congratulations!, Rachit. Your supersport looks amazing. I could not stop staring jaws open at the beauty. Having owned a CBR 250 R before getting my RE Thunderbird 500, it makes me wants to get another Honda.

Honda bikes are always known to be styled well and have smoother & more refined engines, compared to the more mercurial kwaks and yamahas.
Looks like this one is no different.

It is nice to see your other half and baby on the bike, enjoying.
Enjoy your ride and wishing you miles and miles of safe riding.
Cheers!
Thank you very much sir. I think in this case probably the Kawasaki was smoother. Z800 felt unbelievably smooth. CBR650F does have some vibrations and this is the only un-Honda like thing in this bike rest everything feels like a Honda should.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 18:43   #41
BHPian

Superb news Rachit! you are now living my dream but i would wait for my kwacker! some day.
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 19:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Superb news Rachit! you are now living my dream but i would wait for my kwacker! some day.
Thank you very much newtonMeter. Which Kwacker? ZX10?

Rachit
Old 16th September 2015, 19:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Vibes - Yes, there are vibrations. This is only un-Honda like thing in this bike. It has some vibrations mostly off throttle and only during certain RPM ranges.
Rachit, I am very surprised with the fact that you are experiencing vibrations. In my (very) short test ride of the bike, the first thing I felt was the smoothness, vibe-free nature and refinement of the engine across the rev range, both on idle and in motion. Quite a few reviews on the www also report the same.

I suggest checking some basic stuff like engine oil level, chain slack, (loose) engine mount bolts or plastics etc. Also while you are at it, you may take the test ride bike for another spin, just to ensure this isn't specific to your bike.

It is also possible that my threshold to noticeable vibrations is much more than yours, but no harm in checking anyway.
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 19:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much newtonMeter. Which Kwacker? ZX10?

Rachit
i wish i could. but z800
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 20:05   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Rachit, I am very surprised with the fact that you are experiencing vibrations. In my (very) short test ride of the bike, the first thing I felt was the smoothness, vibe-free nature and refinement of the engine across the rev range, both on idle and in motion. Quite a few reviews on the www also report the same.

I suggest checking some basic stuff like engine oil level, chain slack, (loose) engine mount bolts or plastics etc. Also while you are at it, you may take the test ride bike for another spin, just to ensure this isn't specific to your bike.

It is also possible that my threshold to noticeable vibrations is much more than yours, but no harm in checking anyway.
Honestly, during the test ride I also didn't feel the vibrations. Now that I have lived with it is when I noticed them. They are not a deal breaker in the sense that they are not everywhere. They are mostly present off throttle that to during very specific RPM ranges. Also you might probably not call these vibrations, there is slight buzziness in the bars. On the throttle this bike is butter smooth. And probably this on the throttle smoothness makes you feel the off throttle vibrations or whatever.

I did read about these vibrations in some of the reviews and on the CBR650F forum as well and is probably because I read it, I notice them more. But honestly with time they have improved and I have gotten used to them. It is quite possible that my riding style initially might not be right and now I am getting better with the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
i wish i could. but z800
Lovely bike I tell you. You should get it soon. Now we have a nice gathering of TBHP bikers also brewing up in NCR. Will be good fun during weekend morning rides.

Rachit