Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 21st September 2015, 11:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India

A month ago, we had reported that Harley-Davidson would update some of its models (link to news article). The company has now officially revealed the updates to the Iron 883, Forty-Eight, Street 750, Road King and Heritage Softail.

The updated Iron 883 gets an all-new suspension in the form of adjustable rear shocks and front cartridge forks. It also gets a new rolled leather seat and styling changes like new pipes and wheels, a chopped rear fender and a low drag-style handlebar. It is priced at Rs. 7.37 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India-883.jpg

Next is the Forty-Eight, priced at Rs. 9.12 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), which gets a new seats, new wheels, 49mm wider fork and adjustable rear suspension. Its tank features retro-styled graphics. It also gets floating brake rotors and a blacked-out slotted exhaust. A new Velocity Red Sunglo colour has been introduced too.

Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India-48.jpg

The Street 750 gets upgrades like a new front and rear braking system and improved wire loom routing. This one is now available in Superior Blue colour. It is priced at Rs. 4.52 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India-street750.jpg

The Road King returns to the line-up, priced at Rs. 25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India-road-king.jpg

The Heritage Softail Classic gets new saddlebags, cruise control and a High Output Twin Cam 103B engine. This engine is available with the entire Softail range. This motorcycle is priced at Rs. 16.60 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India-softail.jpg

The company has added new merchandise for the Black Label Collection and has introduced new parts and accessories which customers can add to their motorcycles.
S2!!! is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 15:02   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Harley-Davidson updates its product line in India

Harley Davidson India has also kicked off a "Test Ride and Win" competition.

Log in to h-d/testrideandwin, fill in a few details, avail the test ride and you could be on your way to the US, win one among three models of the new dark custom range and other monthly prizes.

May lady luck pick me to be the "One"

Cheers
Cyborg is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 20:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

The brake upgrade to the Street 750 is a very good move. I hope it's much better than what it was when launched.

Also will previous owners get this new brake mechanism free of cost ?
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 21:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
...The updated Iron 883 gets an all-new suspension in the form of adjustable rear shocks and front cartridge forks...
Suspension upgrade is a welcome change and the seat also looks neat, but, I like the previous generation chrome exhausts. It adds a bit of contrast and shine to the Iron. On 31st May, I had my 2015 Iron :-(... guess, life must go on.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 21st September 2015 at 21:04. Reason: fix quote markup tags
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 22:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

The upgrades to the 750 makes it the most compelling cruiser at this price. And this is one stonk of a bike to do 100 in less than 6 seconds competing with even some sports naked at similar price range.

A wonderful add on to have better brakes etc.

This is the most VFM for cruiser for those interested in HD and dreamt of HD. I personally not a fan of HD but would definitely consider the 750 with VFM in mind.

Personally if one is ready to plunge money on the top end Bullet, you should really consider doubling the budget and going for the HD. Far better bike per inch and the spares are locally made making it cheaper to own with respect to other Harley.

Great update on that 750
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Personally if one is ready to plunge money on the top end Bullet, you should really consider doubling the budget and going for the HD.

Sir,

You mean double or triple your budget to buy this and still be unable to go all the places where the RE can take you
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Iron now features a 140mm ground clearance, Even more than the Heritage Softail!! Interesting. And they seem to have discontinued the Superlow... And further they seem to have corrected nearly everything that was wrong with the 48 with a better suspension, tubeless alloy wheels. Hope that saddle is a bit more comfortable now, it's main Achilles heel.

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd September 2015 at 18:25.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sir,

You mean double or triple your budget to buy this and still be unable to go all the places where the RE can take you
And why is that? 135mm for the Bullet vs 145 for the Street. As for spare parts, the Bullet can be repaired anywhere, but also needs to be repaired everywhere. The Harley not nearly as much. Power on the street is uncomfortable to the RE, suspension is miles ahead and way more comfortable, handles better, and is in a league of its own with its technology by comparison.
If you don't like a brand, it's okay. We can all read your bio when you post. But next time back it up with statements saying why instead of just blind hate. Just my two cents.
KhalDrogo is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unless RE is actually now travelling on ocean, pretty much the 750 can do everything else. And since the engine is far more torqey and better power banded, you hardly need to push the bike to get the performance out which means riding like a bullet the motorcycle has better reliability in comparison to a bullet simply by running at average speeds.

A bullet is absolutely reliable when you ride it at 75% power band. The same 75% power from the 750 will be far higher and still be as reliable as the bullet is.

As i said, if you can afford both, my pick is the 750. (But you have to convince me why i should not pick the 390 before i get into 750 price )
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
If you don't like a brand, it's okay. We can all read your bio when you post.
I never said I disliked the brand HD. They are a wonderful marketing brand. The cost of maintaining a RE is much cheaper compared to the Street. The spares are quite affordable compared to the Street.

Come on Buddie, you do have sufficient motor-cyclical sense to agree with me. I need not go in depths to explain the cost difference of Oil Filter between Street & RE. I need not go in depth to help you understand the service expenses. This esteemed forum has educated me on such basic running costs. Am pretty sure if you spend time in this forum you will understand better.

Peace Mate.

@Mods,
Please merge both my posts into one.
Apologies for the inconvenience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The Iron now features a 140mm ground clearance, Even more than the Heritage Softail!!
Dheeraj,

That's really good to read that new Iron features a more favorable ground clearance. Thanks for updating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
(But you have to convince me why i should not pick the 390 before i get into 750 price )
Sir,

You got it spot on, no comments.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd September 2015 at 08:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote