Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 10:58   #271
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Unfortunately the dealer could not give me the bike on Saturday as he needs to get at least TR to take the bike out. He has confirmed for Monday i.e. tomorrow delivery. He is yet to call me in the morning and confirm. Sensing something fishy but don't know what it is or the reason for delayed delivery.

B.U.L.L is all I can say about the dealer. I took my bike on Saturday. No TR yet. But papers are all in. Waiting for the "approval" etc from RTO so Technically I have a TR. the TR number will be in today or so. This would not have happened, had the dealer not put in the efforts to make a customer happy. So you are dead right -- something fishy -- wish washy - passing the buck game by the dealer!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 11:08   #272
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,847
Thanked: 6,374 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

The Pune Bund Garden KTM showroom now finally has the Versys 650 for display. Not one, not two, but three Versys 650's with them currently. Couple of them are customer bikes, yet to be delivered.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-20160131_155657.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-20160131_155706.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-20160131_155819.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-20160131_155838.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img20160131wa0039.jpg  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 12:20   #273
Senior - BHPian
 
Urban_Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 1,057 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

^^ the more I look at the pics, the more I wonder as to why the kawi peeps decided not to get the white colour to india. The black has absolutely nothing on it IMO
Urban_Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 13:07   #274
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 475
Thanked: 449 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
^^ the more I look at the pics, the more I wonder as to why the kawi peeps decided not to get the white colour to india. The black has absolutely nothing on it IMO
Probably because they wouldn't sell many blacks in other countries where they are given the choice of color. So pack it and send it to India where there were be many takers.
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 14:48   #275
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,011
Thanked: 6,046 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Here comes another review from a publication known for their stylish video reviews :



If this video doesn't change your mind. Nothing else will
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 16:04   #276
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Here comes another review from a publication known for their stylish video reviews :

If this video doesn't change your mind. Nothing else will
Awesome Awesome review. Not because I am buying it but the stylish video complements most of the the other videos we have seen on youtube. I guess this will seal the deal for many in favor of Versys.

As far as my bike goes. The dealer called me and said tomorrow and now I am kinda used to that tomorrow word and started hating it. I am not keen on Tuesday delivery. I have asked him to either get the bike and park it at my place which he may not agree or have to wait till Wednesday for the delivery.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2016 at 16:20. Reason: excluding video and emoticon from quoted post
Dust_Harl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 16:18   #277
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: delhi
Posts: 58
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Im in the same boat as so many people on this thread.

Bought an Iron in May, 2015 which ive now sold as was looking at a replacement bike when i chanced upon this thread.
I was looking at the Versys 1000 earlier but found it to lack a bit of character for the price it retails at.
This Versys 650 seems to be a very competent package at a delightful price.

Just waiting to test drive 1 in delhi to finalise the decision. The showroom folks are promising delivery within 4 days of making the booking.
Lets see how things turn out to be
fiorano88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 19:22   #278
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 723
Thanked: 343 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Slowly loosing interest in pursuing the bike, credit to the kawasaki sales, logistics and customer relation team. Or may be i dont really want the versys desperately enough so the universe is not conspiring to bring us together. (filmy?)

Tomorrow they are launching Himalayan, and if it looks promising, i might as well change my mind, get the himalayan and bash it all around different terrain without much worrying.
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 20:30   #279
BHPian
 
vprabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Slowly loosing interest in pursuing the bike, credit to the kawasaki sales, logistics and customer relation team. Or may be i dont really want the versys desperately enough so the universe is not conspiring to bring us together. (filmy?)

Tomorrow they are launching Himalayan, and if it looks promising, i might as well change my mind, get the himalayan and bash it all around different terrain without much worrying.

As you mentioned, very poor planning by Kawasaki on Versys 650. In case of my Honda Jazz, the official release was on July 8th. Booked it on 11th and I had my car in the garage on July 17th. Here, it is almost 40days since the bike was announced and till date no sign of deliveries and registration! Absolutely pathetic. Their excuse on RTO registration is a clear BS to me.

Now slightly :

Do you guys know that there is a BMW motorrad event happening today and tomorrow at the BIC? My friend has been invited by the BMW folks with a letter signed by BMW MD along with the flight tickets and a star hotel accommodation. He has traveled today for the event.

He mentioned that there could be some new launches coming up (F800GS?) and he said he would let me know tomorrow. F800GS is speculated to be assembled in Chennai and hence this should keep the price low. So if this being the case, how many would consider switching over to BMW?

Just curious!!
vprabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 20:57   #280
Senior - BHPian
 
Urban_Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,208
Thanked: 1,057 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

^^ Not just the F800, The F700 is also rumored to begin assembly in India. Should make the BMWs more affordable, but the Versys may still undercut them on pricing

This story is posted here - www.indiancarbikes.in

BTW, the comments from many members here on the availability fiasco are a bit disappointing. Pathetic show by the Kawi folks
Urban_Nomad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 21:09   #281
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 723
Thanked: 343 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Here, it is almost 40days since the bike was announced and till date no sign of deliveries and registration! Absolutely pathetic. Their excuse on RTO registration is a clear BS to me.
would not mind waiting if there was a proper and realistic timeline. As of now, sometimes its 2 weeks, sometime 2 months depending on who is answering the call. And i have been promised numerous call backs with proper info, but received none so far.

Quote:
He mentioned that there could be some new launches coming up (F800GS?) and he said he would let me know tomorrow. F800GS is speculated to be assembled in Chennai and hence this should keep the price low. So if this being the case, how many would consider switching over to BMW?
wow! But factors like pricing and time-frame, would play critical part. Hope its not like the versys currant situation.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 1st February 2016 at 21:11.
nasirkaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 21:13   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oslo, Bangalore
Posts: 1,776
Thanked: 396 Times
Default

Holy Lord if these twins are going to be launched here as assembled versions, just kiss the versys goodbye even if these are priced at a lakh more. But I think they will be priced significantly higher. Them Germans will not compete with the japs in the adventure category on price. Even if the japs are better.

Though I would expect the 800 to sell higher than the lowest priced triumph. I would guess the 700 to retail at close to 10 and the 800 to go at about 12.

These are proper adv motorbikes, with spoke wheels et all, not pussy footing around like the versys.

No, not apologizing to any versys owners here because... There are none! Lol.

Sorry Nasir kaka.
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 22:01   #283
BHPian
 
vprabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Though I would expect the 800 to sell higher than the lowest priced triumph. I would guess the 700 to retail at close to 10 and the 800 to go at about 12.

These are proper adv motorbikes, with spoke wheels et all, not pussy footing around like the versys.
Exactly. I am also expecting them to be around 14.5-15L for F800GS and 700 would be around 11.5-12L range. If priced right, it would kill many straight away.

Keeping the fingers crossed.
vprabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 22:20   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oslo, Bangalore
Posts: 1,776
Thanked: 396 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
As you mentioned, very poor planning by Kawasaki on Versys 650. In case of my Honda Jazz, the official release was on July 8th. Booked it on 11th and I had my car in the garage on July 17th. Here, it is almost 40days since the bike was announced and till date no sign of deliveries and registration! Absolutely pathetic. Their excuse on RTO registration is a clear BS to me.
In hind sight hope they weren't given the new 310 to be flogged around. Evil. Haha.

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st February 2016 at 23:42. Reason: Please do not copy big quote for a single liner as its an eyesore..Thanks!
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:03   #285
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 959
Thanked: 970 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Holy Lord if these twins are going to be launched here as assembled versions, just kiss the versys goodbye even if these are priced at a lakh more. But I think they will be priced significantly higher. Them Germans will not compete with the japs in the adventure category on price. Even if the japs are better.

These are proper adv motorbikes, with spoke wheels et all, not pussy footing around like the versys.
Mate I would like to know besides spoke wheels what are the other advantages a BMW F800GS holds over the Kawasaki Versys 650 in terms of ADV touring.

Oops correction replace BMW F800GS with F700.

Mods please merge and correct. Apologies.

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd February 2016 at 10:29. Reason: Merged as requested
navin_v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Kawasaki considering a 250cc Versys sadsack Motorbikes 5 23rd October 2016 12:39
The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 narula123 Superbikes & Imports 318 19th September 2016 11:50
Kawasaki Versys 1000 launched at Rs 12.9 lakh theredliner Superbikes & Imports 3 3rd March 2016 03:33
Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India? vipinmishra Superbikes & Imports 160 24th December 2015 14:23
Kawasaki to bring Versys 1000, ER-6n to India Aditya Superbikes & Imports 29 6th February 2015 10:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks