Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:39   #496
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Woah? That's absurd. The dealership seems to be lazy. It's ridiculous to expect the customer to pay upfront for parts and later follow up with the insurance company for claims. Replacement parts are expensive. This will put a dent in your pocket, which shouldn't be the case as insurance does provide cashless options. The dealer needs to be pulled up by owners for this.
Oh tell me about it! I did try my best with ICICI Lombard when with Tusker Harley. Its entirely up to the dealer to opt for the cashless feature which all insurance providers provide.

The dealers don't want their monies blocked. But are happy to have customers money blocked.

I had to pay initially towards the repair charges for my AW and had to wait out for the pay out from ICICI

We HD owners tried a few circus to get them to opt for the cashless feature. and all we got was a "thats a good feedback, we shall consider that for future" which at that time meant -- Now shut up and pay up if you want your bike back!
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:49   #497
BHPian
 
Odeen12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 130
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Oh tell me about it! I did try my best with ICICI Lombard when with Tusker Harley. Its entirely up to the dealer to opt for the cashless feature which all insurance providers provide.



The dealers don't want their monies blocked. But are happy to have customers money blocked.



I had to pay initially towards the repair charges for my AW and had to wait out for the pay out from ICICI



We HD owners tried a few circus to get them to opt for the cashless feature. and all we got was a "thats a good feedback, we shall consider that for future" which at that time meant -- Now shut up and pay up if you want your bike back!

That's absolutely rubbish. The dealer runs a business and should factor these contingencies. Irrespective of how his cash flows.
Bills run upwards of a lacs in many cases. And putting that kind of money aside is quite ridiculous.
Dealers take it for granted and get the better of a customers excitement to purchase motorcycle. Do these guys make it clear before you make the purchase or drop that bombshell when the need arises?

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd February 2016 at 21:33. Reason: please do not quote emoticons when replying to a message. Tks!
Odeen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 20:48   #498
BHPian
 
techfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Leh
Posts: 273
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Few pages back someone was enquiring about SHAD luggage for Versys. Motoziel is the SHAD authrorised dealer in India, but no product is available yet. Had enquired with them shall be available around May 2016, pricing not clear as yet.
Personally I liked the SHAD ones to be better looking and moreover the attachment system I think will give little more protection to the rear when the panniers are not attached compared to nothing being there and SHAD 3P attachment system is not ugly like SW Motech/Hepco Becker or some other systems that I have come across though they may be giving a more purposeful TOURER look !!
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-versys-650.jpg  

Attached Images
  

Last edited by techfreak : 23rd February 2016 at 20:54.
techfreak is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:12   #499
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oslo, Bangalore
Posts: 1,775
Thanked: 394 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Few pages back someone was enquiring about SHAD luggage for Versys. Motoziel is the SHAD authrorised dealer in India, but no product is available yet.
That would be me. The shad 35 (is that the one) is what interests me, semi rigid luggage bags with the rack. Comes with the lock, isn't heavy and is waterproof! Can fit two full size helmets in each side! Very sleek and nice compared to alu panniers. Pretty sure it will cost a bomb though.

Am in Delhi and I plan to meet with the Motoziel guys, heard from one of the boys over at the accessories thread that they advertised many products at the auto show like bark busters at very down to earth prices.
Let me see if I can get a full list of what they will sell and try and put it up here...
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 09:54   #500
Senior - BHPian
 
Shubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,780
Thanked: 954 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
That's absolutely rubbish. The dealer runs a business and should factor these contingencies. Irrespective of how his cash flows.
Bills run upwards of a lacs in many cases. And putting that kind of money aside is quite ridiculous.
Dealers take it for granted and get the better of a customers excitement to purchase motorcycle. Do these guys make it clear before you make the purchase or drop that bombshell when the need arises?
No they don't make it clear before or during the insurance purchase. it is always sold as "Cashless" and drop the bombshell when (god forbid) you end up with a claim.

Yes, Customers are taken for granted with the "take it or leave it" attitude!
Shubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 13:46   #501
BHPian
 
Jet-thrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 31
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

@nasirkaka, heartiest congratulations !
Wish you many many miles of happy riding.
Do post some pics of the bike.
Waiting for your detailed review.
Jet-thrust is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 13:56   #502
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,005
Thanked: 6,041 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Alright. Here goes my update :

Five Versys 650 have been dispatched from Pune early this morning and will be reaching Hyderabad on Thursday night/Friday morning

Out of the 5 crates, dealership offered to unpack 2 bikes on Saturday and I can select from those two bikes

I could have taken the delivery on Saturday but, we don't believe in buying "metal" on Saturday. Hence, it has to be this Sunday, as I am travelling for most of next week !!!

All dealerships are closed on Sundays but, looking at my impatience I was made a sweet offer; they will open the showroom on Sunday morning for an hour (as an exception) and deliver the bike to me. Superb gesture !!!

Question to guys who have already taken delivery and also to the knowledgeable members ?

How to select 1 out of 2 bikes?
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 14:03   #503
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,721
Thanked: 3,240 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How to select 1 out of 2 bikes?
Congratulations. If they are crate packed, I doubt there will be any difference at all. Just check the tyres on both are identical and that can be the only deciding factor, other things remaining a constant.

Cheers and awaiting detailed ownership thread....
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 14:11   #504
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Good to hear that you are getting your bike this Sunday. Nice gesture from the dealer and many congratulations.

Good question on how to select one of the two. Either toss a coin, or start both and which ever does not make too much vibration / noise, choosing that. This is primarily to avoid situation similar to that of Nasirkaka on any faulty parts or improper PDIs. Mind you both are virgins and will be equally good unless you want to to inspect for small scratches, vibrations etc.

Good to see streets filling up with like minded bikes. We will shortly have our own bandwagon of Versys 650s and may be next year we all can ride together to Goa for IBW. Too early but just a thought.

On the other topic of Kiviraj not offering cashless. Yes it is true and one of my good friend had a small incident with the bike and Kiviraj did not oblige for cashless. While he is still fighting it out there, Kalyani folks confirmed that the insurance I have picked up through them has cashless and they do honor the same. So for anyone buying their Versys bikes in Bangalore, it is better to go through Kalyani. You pay 2K less, get cashless option and amazing service by the store manager Prakash there.

You would not believe the follow-up from Kalyani even after delivery. One of their executive from Kalyani group called and verified on my satisfaction level and checked if there were any pending stuff from the dealer.

I should say they have continued to amaze me on their customer satisfaction both on four as well as two wheelers.

Also, for those who are eager to get their hands on Versys and awaiting delivery, there is one available in Kalyani and it seems he can deliver as quick as tomorrow if the financial part is taken care
Dust_Harl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 15:13   #505
BHPian
 
vprabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
[b][i]
How to select 1 out of 2 bikes?
Congratulations and all the best. Check the VIN numbers and choose the fancier one.
vprabu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 15:15   #506
BHPian
 
nasirkaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 723
Thanked: 342 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
@nasirkaka, heartiest congratulations !
Wish you many many miles of happy riding.
Do post some pics of the bike.
Waiting for your detailed review.
Thanks
have hardly taken pics to share. Will try and do so with a better camera this weekend and share pics. The bike catches dust so fast.

Been using it to ride to office, 50 kms to and fro with mix of high traffic and open roads. Speedo reads around 250+ kms. Am getting used to the height and weight. Its a breeze to ride it on sparsely populated road, but on crowded stretches the height and weight plays on mind. Maybe, i am too used to my 390, and would take a while to get accustomed to the dimensions of baby versys.
A few new observations:
The front number plate started vibrating with a high pitch buzzz at around 3K RPM. have fixed it temporarily bu tying a thread around it. Will get the number plate removed and put a sticker type number on the visor.
The left side RVM got loose. have adjusted and tightened it.
The Visor creates a disturbance, esp in B2B traffic where is difficult to judge the distance from the vehicle in front. The disturbance comes from refraction through the plastic, dust collected on it due to static, light reflection from surrounding. Not really and issue, may require getting used to it. The front shocks dives greatly when brakes, i guess its set too soft. Plus side is very plush ride over broken roads, but may require some some adjustments to achieve the right balance.
So far very happy with the bike. feels like one is not riding but driving.

EDIT: got the 3M ppf (paint protection film) done for the tank. Not a big fan of those screaming tank pads, and very satisfied with PPF on my 390 tank, so got it done for versys too. Costs around 2.4+K at Autoservice, Banashankari.
Have to seriously start looking for some protectors, guards, sliders, etc.

Last edited by nasirkaka : 24th February 2016 at 15:20.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 16:30   #507
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 957
Thanked: 969 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Out of the 5 crates, dealership offered to unpack 2 bikes on Saturday and I can select from those two bikes

Question to guys who have already taken delivery and also to the knowledgeable members ?

How to select 1 out of 2 bikes?
Mate first of all let your brain take control away from your heart when you visually inspect the bike. The adrenaline and excitement that comes from the heart needs to be in check by one's brain while carrying out a PDI especially when it comes to selecting one's bike from multiple other bikes which are identical.

You can create your own PDI as you still have time(go online and check out the initial ownership reports of those who have bought it) before your Versys650 is delivered on Sunday. Case in point the buzzing sound from the speedo console as it was touching some part in nasirkaka's Versys650. Use your hawk eye to inspect the body, windshield, tyres, foot pegs, lights, mag wheels(v12's observation of poor finishing of mag wheels on his Kawasaki Z800), brake and gear pedals, clutch lever play, accelerator springing back to its position after turning, underbelly exhaust, seat inspection(I missed the minor tear on my Tbird500's backrest cushion cover due to overexcitement but thanks to RE they replaced the cushion), fairing for any scratches or hairline cracks(although very unlikely), rear view mirror adjustment, fenders for scratches, headlight, Instrument Cluster, etc.

If possible take a friend along as 4 pairs of eyes are better than two.

All the best for your Versys650 delivery mate.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 17:13   #508
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,005
Thanked: 6,041 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations. If they are crate packed, I doubt there will be any difference at all. Just check the tyres on both are identical and that can be the only deciding factor, other things remaining a constant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
start both and which ever does not make too much vibration / noise, choosing that. This is primarily to avoid situation similar to that of Nasirkaka on any faulty parts or improper PDIs. Mind you both are virgins and will be equally good unless you want to to inspect for small scratches, vibrations etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Congratulations and all the best. Check the VIN numbers and choose the fancier one.
Thank you guys!! Appreciate your good wishes and helpful inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Good to see streets filling up with like minded bikes. We will shortly have our own bandwagon of Versys 650s and may be next year we all can ride together to Goa for IBW. Too early but just a thought.
Well, I will not be part of any mass affair, that's not my style at all. Never been to Rider Mania and to IBW and don't think will be participating anytime soon in future as well....I love to ride in small group of friends than join a jatra (festival)

Reckon there are many folks who think like me.

Don't miss reading this blog and video at the end. Sorry about the profanity but, I think it drives the point home quite well

http://riderzone.in/curious-case-india-bike-week/

I'm told Akhil is a rather nice chap and unlike his blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
So far very happy with the bike. feels like one is not riding but driving.
Nice to read this comment. Can you please elaborate as to what you mean?

How is the heat in B2B traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Use your hawk eye to inspect the body, windshield, tyres, foot pegs, lights, mag wheels(v12's observation of poor finishing of mag wheels on his Kawasaki Z800), brake and gear pedals, clutch lever play, accelerator springing back to its position after turning, underbelly exhaust, seat inspection(I missed the minor tear on my Tbird500's backrest cushion cover due to overexcitement but thanks to RE they replaced the cushion), fairing for any scratches or hairline cracks(although very unlikely), rear view mirror adjustment, fenders for scratches, headlight, Instrument Cluster, etc.
Woah! That's a long list. Thanks will check them all out. It was actually a rhetorical question about PDI as I normally do a quick scan of the automotive that I am purchasing and leave rest to god ( 14+ new purchases in a little over decade was same style) and it did me only good

This will be just another new purchase and hope will keep me as happy as other purchases that I made in the past.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
If possible take a friend along as 4 pairs of eyes are better than two
You bet! This is certainly going to happen !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th February 2016 at 17:14.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 17:18   #509
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 305
Thanked: 178 Times
Default

Which is better buy Z800 or Versys650, dilemma!! Help needed.

+ ve's for Z800

Bigger engine, more powerful, better acceleration.
Slipper clutch
Better road tyres

+ ve's for Versys 650

Better GC
OTR is 1.5 lakhs less.
Better mileage thus more range
Better accessories for carrying luggage

Z800 owners can provide better perspective. Thanks
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 17:44   #510
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,139
Thanked: 2,604 Times
Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Which is better buy Z800 or Versys650, dilemma!! Help needed.

+ ve's for Z800

Bigger engine, more powerful, better acceleration.
Slipper clutch
Better road tyres

+ ve's for Versys 650

Better GC
OTR is 1.5 lakhs less.
Better mileage thus more range
Better accessories for carrying luggage

Z800 owners can provide better perspective. Thanks
Both are very capable bikes when it comes to touring. A friend of mine rode all the way from Pune to Bangalore on his Z800 last year and continued to Munnar, Kodai and many other places.

Most often, its the rider and not the bike that lacks fitness or potential. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean any offence.

Both have their + and - points as you listed.

I would suggest you ride both and choose the one that connects with your heart.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th February 2016 at 17:46.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Kawasaki considering a 250cc Versys sadsack Motorbikes 5 23rd October 2016 12:39
The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 narula123 Superbikes & Imports 318 19th September 2016 11:50
Kawasaki Versys 1000 launched at Rs 12.9 lakh theredliner Superbikes & Imports 3 3rd March 2016 03:33
Kawasaki Versys 650 - Coming to India? vipinmishra Superbikes & Imports 160 24th December 2015 14:23
Kawasaki to bring Versys 1000, ER-6n to India Aditya Superbikes & Imports 29 6th February 2015 10:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks