Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 31st December 2015, 11:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default Harley-Davidson India discontinues SuperLow, Fat Boy Special

Harley-Davidson India has taken the SuperLow and Fat Boy Special motorcycles off its website. The company has also confirmed that these models have been dropped from its line-up. It is believed that the main reason for the withdrawal of these bikes from the market is poor sales.

The SuperLow belongs to the 'Sportster' category of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It is powered by an 883cc, twin-cylinder, air-cooled engine that produces 70 Nm of torque and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.

Harley-Davidson India discontinues SuperLow, Fat Boy Special-1.jpg

The Fat Boy Special is powered by a 1,690cc, air-cooled engine that develops 133 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission. The Fat Boy Special falls under the 'Softail' family of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

Harley-Davidson India discontinues SuperLow, Fat Boy Special-2.jpg

Harley-Davidson has not disclosed any plans to launch replacements for the two models.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:03   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Harley-Davidson India discontinues SuperLow, Fat Boy Special

And i thought the Superlow should be selling boatloads as its best suited to the average Indian physique IMO
Pandher is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:22   #3
BHPian

An interesting move dropping the SuperLow, it leaves potential HD entry level customers only the Street or then a jump up to the Iron.

I always thought the superlow gave new riders a good option of a traditional air cooled HD at a entry level price, shame.
VellVector is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2015, 15:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

That takes away the most affordable Harley option in the country. I know people who were surprised to see a Harley priced so low that looks almost like the characteristic cruiser. The next option while competent, doesn't have the same charm.

I hope the replacement is in tow.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2016 at 09:59. Reason: Typos
agambhandari is offline   Reply With Quote