Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 3rd November 2017, 10:52   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 19,500 kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hi mobike008, I have mentioned this to few BHPians in the Bangalore ride group
Is there a Bangalore ride group? If its related to Team-Bhp'ians, I'd like to join in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
November 25/26
I'm voting already.

2016 Kurnool meet had a lot of participation from both Bangalore and Hyderabad, though it was mainly for cars.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd November 2017 at 10:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 11:32   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is there a Bangalore ride group? If its related to Team-Bhp'ians, I'd like to join in as well.
I don't mind joining in as well, been watching the rides, seems like a fairly responsible riding group as well.

Quote:

I'm hoping the Bangalore Team BHP'ian riders on the forum who are reading this post will acknowledge and join for this initiative

Unlike Bangalore folks, Hydeez are never active on forum and they just join up when I request them
Happy to join the ride

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd November 2017 at 12:04. Reason: Merged
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:55   #708
BHPian

Default Re: Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 19,500 kms !!!

Oh Man! lovely, So much activity here.

Bglr - Hyd meet that was conducted last time was indeed a thumping success with ~40 cars turnout from hatchbacks to luxury sedans and SUVs. And this time it sounds even more exciting as the meet is going to be on our rides. I love cars, but bikes give me a different high. Avi, count me in for 25/26th (unless I have a family trip).
idpsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 10:02   #709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi mobike008, I have mentioned this to few BHPians in the Bangalore ride group, How shall this be taken forward? Your expert inputs please.I am game for this
KK : Here you go the meet thread is up and running

Request all to subscribe to this thread and keep looking out for updates

I promised you 5 participants, I'm giving you 10 from Hyderabad

Knowing Bangalore, we need double of total count from Hyderabad..LOL!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post4299345

Quote:
I'm voting already. 2016 Kurnool meet had a lot of participation from both Bangalore and Hyderabad, though it was mainly for cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Happy to join the ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by idpsharma View Post
Bglr - Hyd meet that was conducted last time was indeed a thumping success with ~40 cars turnout from hatchbacks to luxury sedans and SUVs. And this time it sounds even more exciting as the meet is going to be on our rides. I love cars, but bikes give me a different high. Avi, count me in for 25/26th
Awesome guys! It's great to see a similar buzz of excitement from you all

Please block your calendars and I promise we shall have a whale of a time

Let us move this conversation to that thread, please !

P.S: All silent forum readers from Bangalore and Hyderabad who are motorcycling enthusiasts, Please JOIN !!

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th November 2017 at 10:25. Reason: Typo
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 10:28   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Avinash and CrAzydRiVeR (sorry I dont recall your name),
I have been silently reading your wonderful articles - about the bikes or travelogues or experiences. Just superb, kudos to members like you to enrich value of Team-BHP platform.

With due respect, Im not sharing more info from my side for now, but currently I request some 'starter' assistance from you:
need the contact details of "SRI" who makes spools / sliders for V650. In due course, I would share more details. :-)
Also I may PM you for any specific matters on V650.

I wish you good & safe rides always.

thanks & best regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 17:39   #711
BHPian

Quote:

Btw, some of the weekends that we can look at are :

November 25/26
December 2/3

Hi Avi do count me in from Bengaluru driving down to the meet. But I won't be riding v for quite some time.
bikerzindia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 20:55   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
But I won't be riding v for quite some time.
So which bike are you riding nowadays?

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 21:55   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
So which bike are you riding nowadays?

Cheers...
Well the smaller Jap has beaten the bigger Jap by double the kilometers at half the maximum speed with no issues at all & trust me I haven't been treating the smaller Jap with kid gloves. Riding a Dio and driving a Scorpio for now.
bikerzindia is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2017, 13:38   #714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
need the contact details of "SRI" who makes spools / sliders for V650. In due course, I would share more details.
Also I may PM you for any specific matters on V650.I wish you good & safe rides always.
Wow! Now that is truly mysterious. Hope you have something really exciting up your sleeve to share with us soon

I have sent a PM with Sri's mobile number

Cheers & Goodluck
Old 13th November 2017, 00:25   #715
BHPian

Dear Avinash,
can I please take some liberty to hijack your wonderful thread, just few posts please, thanks!

======

"Who are you ?!"

Look at it, there exists hundreds of vehicle options to drive on land, road or no-road!. Some machines do their main duty: transportation, and some get on-duty: serves the rider's passion. Some machines humble enough to be unsung heroes still beloved by the masses, whereas some machines mean enough to call for the driver's attention. In today's digital age, within few clicks we can get detailed information of all such machines, their technical specs, color choices, accessories, maintenance or even tips/hacks.

Then we have terminologies coined - "Drive" (driving a 4 wheeler) or "Ride" (riding a 2 wheeler). We have millions of drivers who run these machines daily. Paradoxically, one on hand most people use the machines for convenience of transportation, whereas some people get "kick" by the sheer inconvenience caused by the journey or machine. Many individuals already chose the different path, enjoying the journey and the machine. And many of these personalities have been well documented, serves a good read for few. However, somewhere exists a niche tribe, who still seek the answer for "Who are you ?"

Trust, its not an easy question as it seems. In an attempt to find the true answer to this core question, I have experienced so much so far, a lot to uncover still. And in all such experiences, I do find either more questions, or answers to some, or gain knowledge. Bundled herein are key human emotions like happiness, sadness, fear, anger, surprise & disgust; wherein incidents also tickles to reveal one's Character Traits.

In one such attempt, in the pursuit to know more the known, and discover the unknown, I now get (again!!) into motorcycling, the two wheel world, where wind kisses your head and forces to think hard!

Some get-along quotes:
  • "sometimes, you find yourself in the middle of nowhere; and sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself"
  • "the older I get the more I understand, how important it is to live a life most people don't understand"
  • "when life gets you down, remember its only 'One Down and the rest is Up"
  • "the only impossible journey is the one you never begin"
  • "I'd rather be a rider for a minute, than a spectator for a lifetime"
  • "you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"
  • "sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight"
  • "People are like motorcycles; each is customized a bit differently"
Another joyful moment in our life, today we took delivery of our bike, the Kawasaki Versys 650. Myself, wife and daughter welcomed the bike to join our lovely family with all arms open, happiness filled in our eyes.

"rolling-out"
Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 19,500 kms !!!-pranav-versys.jpg

"very happy"
Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 19,500 kms !!!-pranav-versys1.jpg
(note the default big saree-guard!!)

"ready to ride"
Kawasaki Versys 650:The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin :Completes 19,500 kms !!!-pranav-versys2.jpg
(note, saree-guard was removed!)

I'm sure we'll cross many milestones on roads, and also surpass several milestones in our lives. However, on this long road called life, its the journey that matters. "One day your life will flash before your eyes, make sure its worth watching".

Taking along good wishes by my well-wishers, and hoping to meet interesting people to converse with.

PS: My 501th post on Team-BHP !!

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by Aditya : 13th November 2017 at 07:11. Reason: As requested
pcpranav is offline   (14) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 16:08   #716
OmV

Heartiest Congratulations Pranav!.

I have been procrastinating for the better part of a year over purchasing a Ninja 650 myself but my ultra-practical alter-ego has me tied up in knots. I have been a silent follower and have been following all threads closely even before becoming a TBHP member. Mobike008, Crazy Driver, Atul.ktm , Kailashnj and now you are making me sway heavily toward the Versys 650 over the Ninja 650. Hopefully I join your tribe soon. What was the delivery lead time for you…I believe you got the machine from Anzen Mumbai judging from the pictures.

I have seen a recent video of the 2018 Versys 650 where the graphics seem to be updated (white background. Not sure if anything else has been updated). Anyone have any news on if and when the current version is being updated (if only cosmetically). Since I have waited this long it may make sense if the wait is not going to be much.

Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 13th November 2017 at 16:14. Reason: Removed all the extra *.
OmV is online now   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 20:47   #717
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear Avinash,can I please take some liberty to hijack your wonderful thread, just few posts please, thanks!
You are most welcome Pranav! Feel free to share your experiences on my thread whenever you feel like since we own the same motorcycle. Though, If I were you, I would be selfish and start my own thread and share it with entire world

Quote:
Another joyful moment in our life, today we took delivery of our bike, the Kawasaki Versys 650. Myself, wife and daughter welcomed the bike to join our lovely family with all arms open, happiness filled in our eyes
Congratulations and Welcome to the beautiful do-it-all world of Versys 650

Why dont you share some of your feelings about the bike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmV View Post
I have been procrastinating for the better part of a year over purchasing a Ninja 650 myself but my ultra-practical alter-ego has me tied up in knots. I have been a silent follower and have been following all threads closely even before becoming a TBHP member. Mobike008, Crazy Driver, Atul.ktm , Kailashnj and now you are making me sway heavily toward the Versys 650 over the Ninja 650. Hopefully I join your tribe soon. What was the delivery lead time for you…I believe you got the machine from Anzen Mumbai judging from the pictures.
Well, I wont go into any details as you clearly highlighted that you have been following all Versys threads.

However, If someone asks me what should I choose between a Ninja 650 vs. Versys 650, I would tell them to go for a Versys 650 with their eyes closed. It is simply a no-brainer.

Infact, I'm of opinion that Kawasaki has literally killed their own brand by releasing the Versys 650. Except the usual complaints about it's tall seating there is no reason why anyone should choose a Ninja 650 over the Versys

I too would strongly recommend you to get the Versys 650 (Trust me there enough of us out here to tell you it is NOT going to be a wrong decision...LOL!)

Quote:
I have seen a recent video of the 2018 Versys 650 where the graphics seem to be updated (white background. Not sure if anything else has been updated). Anyone have any news on if and when the current version is being updated (if only cosmetically). Since I have waited this long it may make sense if the wait is not going to be much.
If you can wait for a few months then get the new "stickered" Versys 650 as absolutely nothing else has changed about it. but, if you fall into my category where I never delay "Joy" I would recommend you to head pronto to Anzen and just ride out with this beauty

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2017 at 09:30.
Old 14th November 2017, 21:14   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another joyful moment in our life, today we took delivery of our bike, the Kawasaki Versys 650. Myself, wife and daughter welcomed the bike to join our lovely family with all arms open, happiness filled in our eyes.
Congratulations Pranav and welcome to the Kawasaki Versys family.

Guess we would be hitting the 256 group limit soon and would need to start looking at a platform better than Whatsapp to colaborate.

Quote:
Versys 650 over the Ninja 650.
Quote:
However, If someone asks me what should I choose between a Ninja 650 vs. Versys 650, I would tell them to go for a Versys 650 with their eyes closed. It is simply a no-brainer.
Surprised to see a similar discussion here, as I was just writing about the same on my thread as well. Got a couple of offline requests after posting a picture of the new Ninja 650 on one of my earlier posts.

I do fully agree with Avi. Versys is a better do-it-all motorcycle in the Indian context - without a doubt.

The new Ninja 650 makes a brilliant case for itself if you are looking at a sports tourer though - It is priced well at 5.49L, which makes it just a little bit more expensive than the Ninja 300 and a whole lot cheaper than the CBR650F. Gets ABS as well - and the new lighter, smaller package is way more manageable too. If sports touring with occasional track riding is your thing - there is no better deal (than the Ninja 650 ABS) south of the Ninja 1000 IMO.

However - the Versys still primarily commands a premium thanks to that suspension. It can iron out almost anything the roads throw at you, and you can concentrate of eating up miles in comfort. It can even get going when the roads end - where the Ninja would be struggling with its 130mm ground clearance. So, if you ride to travel places - then the Versys is way worth the premium it commands over the Ninja 650.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2017, 21:28   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Guess we would be hitting the 256 group limit soon and would need to start looking at a platform better than Whatsapp to colaborate.
Sorry

You can explore Telegram, we moved from WA to Telegram when we crossed the limit and now we are 450+ Dominar owners from Bengaluru in the group and believe me TG is much more advanced and fun to use compared to WA.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2017, 07:30   #720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The new Ninja 650 makes a brilliant case for itself if you are looking at a sports tourer though - It is priced well at 5.49L, which makes it just a little bit more expensive than the Ninja 300 and a whole lot cheaper than the CBR650F. Gets ABS as well - and the new lighter, smaller package is way more manageable too. If sports touring with occasional track riding is your thing - there is no better deal (than the Ninja 650 ABS) south of the Ninja 1000 IMO.
What is sports touring?

Isn't Versys also a sports/adv touring motorcycle? Why should anyone choose a Ninja 650 when the Versys can do this activity a lot lot better?

In my opinion, touring duties done at high speeds in comfort is known as sports touring

Track-I agree Ninja 650 would be a better tool. But, heck who goes to track? 1 in 500 owners? Maybe even lesser...

Quote:
However - the Versys still primarily commands a premium thanks to that suspension. It can iron out almost anything the roads throw at you, and you can concentrate of eating up miles in comfort. It can even get going when the roads end - where the Ninja would be struggling with its 130mm ground clearance. So, if you ride to travel places - then the Versys is way worth the premium it commands over the Ninja 650.
Whatever the premium Kawasaki is asking for Versys-It's totally worth it

Quote:
You can explore Telegram, we moved from WA to Telegram when we crossed the limit and now we are 450+ Dominar owners from Bengaluru in the group and believe me TG is much more advanced and fun to use compared to WA.
Nice. Never used this one. We too might have to move to this platform !!

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2017 at 07:32.