Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 1st August 2016, 21:05   #16
Default Re: Harley-Davidson Iron 883: Crossing over to the dark side

Congratulations on your purchase!

I noted your purchase of a CE rated jacked from the UK. I do not know how familiar you are with the CE system, but it might be worth reading these links if you are dedicated to maximum preventative safety...

Explains how to check CE markers on armour are legitimate for bike use:

Interesting reading on the importance of hip and shoulder armour:

Explains the abrasion standard - this applies to the clothing itself not the armour. Clothing is often sold with CE1 armour but no abrasion rating and many people do not seem to get this!

I use aftermarket CE2 rated back protection in my leather and textile jackets. Even some well rated brands do not supply these as standard with all jackets. The other alternative is a wearable back protector and removal of the original from the jacket. I also fit good quality hip armour in my riding jeans - they often come with knee pads but empty hip armour pockets.
Rob UK is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 12:23   #17

Originally Posted by Oreen View Post
Congrats on this beauty. I went to the Harley dealership yesterday and checked out the 2016 Iron 883 in Olive Gold. It is amazingly beautiful, and for me, the stock exhausts sound good enough....

For the 2016 models the stock suspension is actually really good and a marked improvement over the '15 and earlier models. There is enough travel and adjustment capability to tackle our usual Indian roads and won't leave you feeling like your bum just stood up off a spike board.
zee_bat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote