Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 9th September 2016, 08:47   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Another Honda! This time, itís a Honda CBR650F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Amazing that the oil change interval is 12k, especially since the same Honda throttle 10W30 FS oil is used for the baby CBR and the interval is 6k. But IIRC, even the Z800 has a similar oil change interval. I wonder if the oil degrades slower in an i4 compared to a single!
There is a matter of the 250 having a 1.8L oil capacity while the 650 has 3.5L with similar numbers in the Z800. Presumably, more oil circulating allows it to last longer although I'm sure tighter manufacturing tolerances also plays a part.
GreaseMonk is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 09:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Feels somewhat exciting to read about bikes. I rode the 250 last week for a few hundred kms for the first time since 15 years. Dont own a 2 wheeler. Loved the ride so much on NH4. Even in Bengaluru, appreciated the weather so much and how good it feels. Should be a blast riding a good bike except for couple of months in this city.

Enjoy the ride!
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 22:20   #33
BHPian

Hi,

I just loved the way you have described in your thread. And yes, I agree to the fact that CBR 250 R is one of the best bike in the range. I have an Repsol edition, do we also get 650 in Repsol edition. I will be more than happy to upgrade to 650F if there is Repsol edition too.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 23:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashblue View Post
Odo reading: 6100 kms. Bonda has been doing great!. completed 6K Kms in four months and Iím in love with this machine and canít wait to take it for a spin every weekend. Have not faced any issues/problems what so ever till date.
Excellent update there friend. Mine has done 8K in a little over an year.
Even I have similar feedback for the bike. Overall No issues, pretty happy with it and quality and cost of Honda after sales is definitely an icing on an already good cake.

I will be preparing my 1 year completion update soon.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2016, 20:58   #35
BHPian

Very nice to read on the regular updates on this thread, I wanted to ask as some people have stated in test ride reviews, was any vibration noticed in the handlebars/ console during / before first service?
redrage is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2016, 22:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Did you get a chance to check the drained oil this time? Had it lost its viscosity completely? I believe you can push it beyond 6k and observe if there's any roughness in the engine or if there's any oil consumption.

Does this come with the wet/viscous filter like the 250? I agree with you that for our conditions, it's better to change it at 12k.

Do keep the updates coming. Cheers!
Actually i had changed engine oil and filter at 3k kms just to ensure it gets the best environment for the break-in, so when it was changed again at 6k the oil was pretty much in great shape, it was black in color but did not feel that it had lost viscosity. Next change will be at 12k so a total of 6k kms then, will get an idea of how the oil holds for that duration. Will update when that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Those Dunlops are the equivalent of ContiGos on our 250Rs. Budget tyres plonked in to fit into the price. Every owner on the 650 forums ditched them for Michelin PR4s. Better grip in dry and wet and lasts nearly the same.
Stock tyres are pretty decent in dry in fact! but right now im more interested in getting Pirelli Angel GTs as they are cheaper and reviews from fellow bikers who have used it are very positive. (To an extent that they can do track day duties )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Hi,

I will be more than happy to upgrade to 650F if there is Repsol edition too.
Nope! i would have bought the bike in Blue shade. That color looks absolutely smashing on this bike. Buy hey one can always go for wrap jobs. Here's a link to a video showing different color wrap jobs done on 650F.

NOTE: i have no affiliation to it /or stand to gain from sharing the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Very nice to read on the regular updates on this thread, I wanted to ask as some people have stated in test ride reviews, was any vibration noticed in the handlebars/ console during / before first service?
Absolutely! there were a lot of vibes especially at around 4k rpm, there was instrument panel rattle at 2500 rpm and also some vibes on the footpegs. All these subsided by 80% after first service and they have become non-existent now after 6k kms. I feel the bike takes longer to break-in than others. Put some mileage and you will be amazed at how your bike evolves
Mashblue is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote