Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 27th February 2017, 17:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Installation was simple stuff and the product finish and clarity is good. Hope it stays on for a while and keeps the screen free of scratches which mostly happen thanks to dust and grime.

OCD much?? Maybe !! :P
That's a worthwhile add-on if you ask me. My OCD levels are way higher

I got the regular 3M PPF cut into shape and installed on my bonnie's speedo. I'm paranoid of vandals scratching the meter when she's parked, which is very rare, since I'm the guy who generally eats breakfast in the parking lot when we're out on a ride.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 10:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post

She also swapped her stock brake pads with EBC Extreme Pro ones and the stock bar ends which were losing paint thanks to my gloves (bad bad paintjob Kawa) got swapped out with spanking new R&G bar end sliders .
She also gets fresh rubber for the trackdays. Hello Pirelli Supercorsa SC2.
Overall the bike feels and rides much smoother and eager post the service and the EBC pads feel wow. I mean the Stock Brembo pads were very nice but the EBCs are just so much better. And they havent even bedded in yet!!!

Her sprocket job is next on the cards and she has a track outing coming up at MMSC. Stay tuned....
Varun, From where did you source the brake pads?

BTW see you at MMSC.
Vasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:08   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Varun, From where did you source the brake pads?

BTW see you at MMSC.
Hi bud, I got the brake pads through a friend who got them down from the states.

I am at MMSC on 13-14th March. Wont be able to make it during the Apex days since I am travelling. You will have fun at MMSC. Im sure
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 15:49   #64
BHPian

Shredder hits MMSC again. This time running on the fabled Supercorsa SC2s. No jokes but these tyres are the absolute best in the world (ofcourse not im comparison to race rubber or slicks) and are the best you can put on your machine for absolute grip. They take a lap or so to heat up (highly recommend tyre warmers with these) but once they are upto temperature they grip like a leech. Not even a slight slip anywhere at the track, even at places where the RS10s would throw a small fit or two.

The MRA screen helped big time and the braking from the EBC pads was really reassuring. I unfortunately couldnt do the sprocketing in time for the trackday thanks to the part shortage at Kawa service which ensured that a crucial washer for sprocket change was not available.

Overall, two full days of track fun. Cant wait to take her to MMSC again, Kari seems blah in comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-dpviews83.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-dpviews251.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-dpviews274.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-dpviews422.jpg  

narula123 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2017, 20:55   #65
BHPian

Been a while since my last update.

Since then have shifted base to mumbai and the monsoons have ensured that i dont clock too many miles save for an occasional Sunday ride.

Shredder has been running perfect to the T like a swiss timepiece and I have pampered her with a little bling and an air filter from Sprint. Now most people havent heard of Sprint and only know of BMC/K&N when it comes to after market filters. Well Sprint Filters (google them!!) are the new rage in the global communities for their stuff. Its a lifetime reusable filter but it employs a unique fabric element which can simply be cleaned with a dash of compressed air. So unlike the K&Ns and BMCs you dont have to use messy oil to recharge the filter or run the risk of using too much oil. The reviews claim a decent amount of power bump despite this being a stock replacement piece and not a race filter.

Saving up for a Woolich Kit next to flash and tune the ECU. Lets see how soon Christmas comes.
Possibly have another trackday at MMSC coming up in August so will have more news to share then.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-img_1624.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-img_1621.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-img_1571.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-img_1540.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-img_1537.jpg  

2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R : Shredder joins the family-img_1539.jpg  

narula123 is offline   Reply With Quote