| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th October 2006, 19:15||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Here it is - The All New 2007 Yamaha R1!
Here is my 300th post:
Yamaha have launched the all new 2007 Yamaha R1, and with a lot of changes. Here are some of the main ones:
1. The "BIKE" appears the same but there is apparently a lot more than just meets the eye. Yamaha claim better aerodynamics, and additional cowling to let hot air flow out and increase power.
2. The new YCC-I (Yamaha Chip Controlled-Intake) lets Yamaha dump the chice between short/long strokes. The intake runners measure 140mm at low rpms and then drop to 65mm at higher revs for better combustion and power boosting.
3. A slipper type clutch and throttle-by-wire system, introduced on last year's R6 now comes as standard fitment.
4. The chassis, which looks the same has actually been developed from sctach to increase torsional ridgity by 30% and is flex-tuned for better handling and traction.
5. Yamaha has dumped their 5-valve/cyl layout and adopted the conventional 4-valve/cyl layout instead. Also, the exhaust mufflers have a more elliptical for increasing power. Radiator capacity is up 13% and the exhaust is mostly titanium.
6. The rear shock features a new linkage, and new 6-pot pistons complement the overall dynamics and provide better stopping capacity.
Courtesy : www.yamaha-motor.com
|13th October 2006, 22:30||#4|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 4,803 Times
beautiful !!! I love it..... I am going to buy the moment my Veyron is delivered
|13th October 2006, 23:45||#5|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2005
Thanked: 133 Times
looks ummm......hmmm....good...the side profile for the lights look a bit wierd....but then again when uve got power....and 95% good looks it doesnt matter...
|14th October 2006, 16:29||#7|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked: 0 Times
more aggressive looks
....well my dream bike has changed 2 this 2007 r1......
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here)||manaa45||Shifting gears||77||13th November 2017 11:47|
|MRF-MAI Indian National Karting Championship 2007: UD: 2007 Champions declared!||Rtech||Indian Motorsport||61||11th December 2007 15:58|
|PICS: 2006 Movistar, 2007 FZ6, 2007 Hornet 600||BunnyPunia||Superbikes & Imports||39||13th August 2007 20:51|
|Fiat To Power Yamaha’s 2007 MotoGP Attack||navdeep||Superbikes & Imports||10||8th March 2007 04:30|