Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 15th April 2017, 22:36   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Disclaimer - This piece of writing is inspired by the article from Shumi of Overdrive, a journalist I admire for his honest words. However, while it takes inspiration from it, I hope to build on it while keeping the experiences from a new biker point of few, one that is trying to bite into the superbike pie for the first time. Like me. That said, for the sake of fairness, I'd leave a link to his writing here - http://overdrive.in/features/buying-...-need-to-know/
I'm so happy I bought a Royal Enfield Himalayan instead of a Versys. It's easy enough to ride in the city, and yet it's wonderful on the open road, and feels like a much bigger bike. After reading this, I don't think I want to own a superbike in India
HighwayofLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 23:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
I wonder why the idea of superbike rentals have not come up in India.

After all ownership is prohibitively expensive.

If it's a rented bike, many youngsters can have experience of good bikes at not that much lot of money.

Also govt should have very good quality roads in mountains and hills so that tourists can enjoy the ride and tourism is promoted that way.
That's all that we need!! The number of horrific accidents of kids who took Scorpios or XUVs from Zoomcar and drove irresponsibly on the highway, would suggest that this is a trend we don't need. So far, it's only kids in families with more money than brains that die in superbike accidents. If the rental market comes up, you'll be able to add a few middle class kids to that group too.
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote