Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 12th May 2017, 10:44   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Triumph Street Twin: A British classic for the ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If its Street Twin then I can understand as they have narrowed the seat and even the cushioning is not as good as the old one.
Look for a good gel seat solution to make it comfortable for long rides.
In fact the specs say the seat has 15% or so, more padding as compared to the old one. I've been on a T120 for a good duration and definitely the seat is more comfortable. Street Twin being compact, as you mentioned, it has a low seat. Which is good for people like me, I am about 5'10". But the padding is seriously not as good as the bigger seats.
I tried hunting for Gel seats, but didn't find any good options online.

Regarding heating, engine does heat up when riding in lets say 45 deg summer heat. But heat dissipation is also good. I've not ridden more than 150 kms on a single stretch, so this distance never made it uncomfortable to ride, heating wise.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote