Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 21st June 2017, 14:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Riding the Z800 on Shiradi & Charmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I stay in Yelahanka New Town so Torq92 is very close for me. But I'll be shifting to Kanakapura Road next month to get closer to my office.
So we stay in the same area. Well, atleast for the next one month.

I stay a kilometer or two away from New Town, towards Doddaballapur road.

Quote:
What do you ride?
A Kawasaki, but without the music of the additional two cylinders.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...sys-650-a.html (One bike to tame them all! Introducing the 'Black Panther' - My Kawasaki Versys 650)
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 16:16   #17
BHPian

Nice Crisp travelogue and a beautiful Z in the pics BTW how's the bike for regular touring, I see that you have done a 12 hour ride any areas of concern on the seating position? And in terms of long term touring option, can saddle bags be mounted on the Z?
Mafioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 16:43   #18

Quote:
I was planning a day long ride since a couple of weeks and finally shortlisted Dharmasthala since I had never been there but heard a lot about Shiradi and Charmadi ghats so decided to do both routes, one while going and other while returning.
That is one amazing ride with lots of fun. How do I know it? I have done it too--in an Ertiga and with a couple of friends. It was a memorable trip. We even visited eminent writer Poornachandra Tejasvi's house in Mudigere on the way back.

And the neerdose and golibaji we had at Kottigehara junction where the charmadi ghat starts/ends still makes me drool. Everyone who goes there should try it, it's that good.

Quote:
This is the only time that I repented having the Akra slip-on. The exhaust was causing a sound havoc on the otherwise serene, calm and heavenly feel of the place. I rode slow and kept the revs low to keep the bassy beast under control.
Very nice of you to respect nature's serenity and enjoy it as well.
vishaljawahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A Kawasaki, but without the music of the additional two cylinders.
Amazing bike buddy. I love the Versys. At some point of time, when I have satisfied myself with the 4 cylinder music, I will move on to a Versys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
BTW how's the bike for regular touring, I see that you have done a 12 hour ride any areas of concern on the seating position? And in terms of long term touring option, can saddle bags be mounted on the Z?
I find the bike rather comfortable for regular touring. But I say this because I have not ridden the Versys or the Tiger. People change their opinions once they get to ride the real touring machines.

I have the handlebar raised by 20mm so I have a more upright seating position. This was done by the previous owner. I would not have bothered to do this since I used to tour previously on a CBR250R which has a more aggressive seating position than the Z800 and I was comfortable with that.

The only issue I faced in this ride was the hard seat. I am looking for options to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaljawahar View Post
And the neerdose and golibaji we had at Kottigehara junction where the charmadi ghat starts/ends still makes me drool. Everyone who goes there should try it, it's that good.
I missed it this time but I am going there again next month by car with family so definitely going to try them.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 21:26   #20
BHPian

Great write up, thanks for sharing. Damn that Akrapovic does look amazing! Do share a video with sound clip of the exhaust when you get a chance. Loved this generation of Z800 and was really really tempted to pick it up over the Street Triple, but ended up with the latter. Now realising whats the use of buying a logical bike if you end up doing 2-3k kms in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't sweat over it . Just start off in the assembly line and cover all the important points of this bike. It's okay for a BHPian's review to not be as detailed as an official review, yet as long as it covers all the noteworthy points, we'll take it live.

Looking forward to your ownership report .
Exactly what GTO says, I used to feel the same way but then I realised that reviews are not about trying to sound detailed or formal. It's strictly about your perspective. How you feel about the product you bought and the money you paid. When someone like me tries to decide to get something I always look keenly for ownership reviews just as much as official ones. Because happily ever after and one night stands are a different level of commitment.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2017, 16:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Do share a video with sound clip of the exhaust when you get a chance.
Yes sure. I have the DB killer removed so it sounds loud and bassy. With the DB killer, it's very similar to the stock exhaust except at high rpms. I'll post video soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
How you feel about the product you bought and the money you paid. When someone like me tries to decide to get something I always look keenly for ownership reviews just as much as official ones. Because happily ever after and one night stands are a different level of commitment.

Working on it buddy. Will be out soon
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote