Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 17:25   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 135
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations. Absolutely beautiful bike. Wishing you many wonderful years of safe riding on this Gentleman's Sports Cruiser. I wish we could also remove the front license plate to a more docile location.

Cheers...
Thanks for the kind words...
ashroy_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 17:29   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
Thanks for the kind words...
I am much more keener to see the arai lid of yours haha.

Congrats on the new ride!
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 11:15   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 135
Thanked: 398 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I am much more keener to see the arai lid of yours haha.

Congrats on the new ride!
As requested sir... Beautiful helemt. It is very stable till 140 km/hr as i have not ridden more than that.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-img20170726wa0003.jpg  

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-img20170726wa0004.jpg  

2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh-helmet.jpg  

ashroy_6 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 11:33   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
As requested sir... Beautiful helemt. It is very stable till 140 km/hr as i have not ridden more than that.
Woot woot what a beauty! Underscores my decision to get an arai as my next lid for sure!

That bike is an absolute looker as well! Fantastic buy!
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 11:49   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
As requested sir... Beautiful helemt. It is very stable till 140 km/hr as i have not ridden more than that.
Congratulations Ashroy, the motorcycle looks smashing. Wish you many happy miles.
Surajit333 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 13:09   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Thane
Posts: 34
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashroy_6 View Post
hi,

Just picked up Kawasaki ninja 1000 2017 black and grey combination last week from Hyderabad showroom.
Congratulations! The Black looks HOT!! Brilliant captures I must say.
Wish you loads of safe miles with your new steed.

Any accessories purchased / planned? Keep posting your experience as you are one of the first owners of the New Ninja 1000.
Sachin_Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 13:02   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Another funny video. Off roading on a Ninja!!



Cheers...
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 13:53   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
dkaile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Meerut, India
Posts: 2,985
Thanked: 4,026 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

With Ducati SuperSport launching this month and at a equally competitive price which is a worthy competitor to the Ninja 1000, I just hope that Kawasaki doesn't take it easy or their dealers fall into the arrogance trap to once again take Kawasaki down in the dumps in India. Their service still needs to be sorted out properly and I have started seeing smugness creeping into their dealers even before the brand has really re-established itself. With Shishir Sinha taking over as the Sales and Marketing Chief at Kawasaki who comes in from Harley Davidson, I hope he immediately takes control over these mistakes to re-establish this brand.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 15:52   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
With Shishir Sinha taking over as the Sales and Marketing Chief at Kawasaki who comes in from Harley Davidson, I hope he immediately takes control over these mistakes to re-establish this brand.

Cheers...
Thats all good and everything, but who the hell in kawasaki is in charge of the service and after sales across the country?

Last edited by Aditya : 20th August 2017 at 18:42. Reason: Deleting aggressive bit
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 21:03   #100
BHPian
 
sriramv.iyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 835
Thanked: 710 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
With Ducati SuperSport launching this month and at a equally competitive price which is a worthy competitor to the Ninja 1000, I just hope that Kawasaki doesn't take it easy or their dealers fall into the arrogance trap to once again take Kawasaki down in the dumps in India. Their service still needs to be sorted out properly and I have started seeing smugness creeping into their dealers even before the brand has really re-established itself. With Shishir Sinha taking over as the Sales and Marketing Chief at Kawasaki who comes in from Harley Davidson, I hope he immediately takes control over these mistakes to re-establish this brand.

Cheers...
It has been over 4 weeks since I booked a Ninja 1000 (paid 1L) at the RideVentur Kawasaki in Bangalore.

I haven't had ONE call with update on availability of the Green color. (They had one black one and tried initially to sell that one).

Secondly, they don't pick up call (a guy called Chetan) and never ever ever return the call. (Like EVER)

I don't feel like calling them again. I should probably just go and cancel my booking, and pick something else which gives a better ownership experience.

If pre-sales is like this, I wonder how horrible after-sales / service will be

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 19th August 2017 at 21:04.
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2017, 21:28   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,114 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
It has been over 4 weeks since I booked a Ninja 1000 (paid 1L) at the RideVentur Kawasaki in Bangalore.

I haven't had ONE call with update on availability of the Green color. (They had one black one and tried initially to sell that one).

Secondly, they don't pick up call (a guy called Chetan) and never ever ever return the call. (Like EVER)

I don't feel like calling them again. I should probably just go and cancel my booking, and pick something else which gives a better ownership experience.

If pre-sales is like this, I wonder how horrible after-sales / service will be
Lol sriram, i suggest you cancel your booking and run far far away. Service is atrocious to say the least, parts take over a month to arrive if you call them every day of the week.

I dont know, these bikes are not meant to run. They are meant to be kept in your driveway and ogled at. Alone.

Atleast that is what kawasaki expects its customers to do.
Red Liner is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 18:16   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,189
Thanked: 1,114 Times
Default

The situation in bangalore is no different or better than pune unfortunately. Less said about chennai the better. Guys there rode their kawasakis in a group to bangalore to service the bikes, whilst the bangalore guys dont touch the center by a barge pole!

I guess what avinash meant to say is, everyone who buys a kawasaki is welcome to Hyderabad for service with a gratis wine and dine offer from avinash himself. Lol. Anyway we are really veering off topic, this thread is meant to be about a bike, not brand bashing.
Red Liner is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 18:29   #103
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,883
Thanked: 3,268 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

In most (if not all) instances what happens is - just to get a confirmed booking, the salesguy / dealer will give you a shorter waiting period whereas the actual waiting period is a longer one. And when the customer start calling when his "promised" waiting period is over - the dealers do not pick up calls and start giving excuses. This is unacceptable - irrespective of it being a superbike or a commuter bike.

We Indians are aware of the amount of time and formalities involved in booking imported vehicles - but that's where the dealer comes in and his promises and commitments. It would be good if the dealer gives a genuine waiting period of what he has been promised from the manufacturer (3 months) so that even the customer is aware. But giving a shorter timeline and then not picking up phone calls is unacceptable.

I would agree that it is worth waiting for the Kawasaki - but shouldn't that waiting period be confirmed and committed correctly by the dealer / manufacturer.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 21:42   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 172
Thanked: 136 Times
Default Re: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched @ 9.98 lakh

People raise concerns in the public forum with a hope that IKM takes corrective actions. As long as their concerns are genuine, they cannot be simply dismissed as cribbing. As long as those concerns are genuine, they need to be accepted. There may be a few who crib just for the sake of cribbing, but not all criticisms can be dismissed. Yes, no one forces a person to buy from Kawasaki, but it doesn't mean that he/she has to keep quite and not raise the issue. I am a Kawasaki bike owner and I am disappointed with the way Kawasaki is doing business. This is my genuine concern and if this is dismissed as cribbing, I have no points to discuss further. I will be the happiest person if Kawasaki improves and takes care of my loved bike. Hope IKM reads these posts.

@sriramviyer - Hope you don't end up cancelling your order just because of the bad experience with the dealer. Any way, all the best and hope your get your bike at the earliest.

Last edited by shan_ned : 21st August 2017 at 21:44.
shan_ned is offline   (25) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 22:49   #105
BHPian
 
pixantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 564
Thanked: 650 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
People raise concerns in the public forum with a hope that IKM takes corrective actions. As long as their concerns are genuine, they cannot be simply dismissed as cribbing. As long as those concerns are genuine, they need to be accepted. There may be a few who crib just for the sake of cribbing, but not all criticisms can be dismissed. Yes, no one forces a person to buy from Kawasaki, but it doesn't mean that he/she has to keep quite and not raise the issue. I am a Kawasaki bike owner and I am disappointed with the way Kawasaki is doing business.
+1 to that. Word for word. Excellently put. Even I'm not very happy about the notion of shoving my opinion onto someone else. Each is entitled to his own opinion.
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermot: 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 unveiled EDIT: Launched in India at Rs 5.69 lakhs dZired Superbikes & Imports 36 15th November 2017 11:30
2017 Kawasaki Ninja H2, H2 Carbon and H2R launched in India dZired Superbikes & Imports 0 20th October 2016 12:42
Kawasaki Versys 1000 launched at Rs 12.9 lakh theredliner Superbikes & Imports 3 3rd March 2016 03:33
Kawasaki Z1000 and Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs. 12.5 lakh JayPrashanth Superbikes & Imports 66 9th October 2015 18:32
Ninja 300R & 400R to be launched. EDIT: Ninja 300 Launched @ Rs.3.5L exshowroom Delhi jkdas Motorbikes 89 11th April 2013 11:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks