Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 8th August 2017, 08:28   #1
BHPian

Default New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical

New Gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & Symmetrical

After sometime, i got used to asymmetrical facia which grew on me quite a bit. This new face looks more like the last gen Yamaha R1.

Quote:
BMW S1000RR probably plans to drop its trademark asymmetric fascia for a radical new front. It also seem to have gone on a diet for a leaner appearance.
Asymmetric headlight has been replaced by pair of LED projector illuminators. Moreover, lending a cleaner look to the front are the ORVM mounted blinkers. Then there is the full-colour TFT screen that will, apart from the standard customisation options, will also feature mobile connectivity and sat-nav.
The tail unit is a lot shorter than the existing bike’s and will offer only the smallest of perches for a pillion. The LED indicators also appear to contain the rear lights
The chassis is all-new, too. The fork looks identical to the existing model, although the monoblock calipers are unrecognisable, although the rear appears to be the current Brembo item.
The rear shock and swingarm are completely new. With no visible adjusters, the shock is clearly electronically controlled, suggesting it’s the latest evolution of the firm’s Dynamic ESA. The swingarm is now an underbraced item and the shock moves from a canted forward location to a bolt-upright, more rearward position very close to the rear wheel, made possible by the flipped swingarm design.

New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical-1.jpg

New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical-2.jpg

New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical-3.jpg

Source: Motorcyclenews

Last edited by GTO : 8th August 2017 at 12:19. Reason: Uploading images as attachments
Nicky is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 09:32   #2
BHPian

Default re: New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical

This might be upgraded to the new design and brought up-to latest styles and technology going around; but I personally love the assymetrical facia. It is a symbol and a trademark of the legendary S1000RR and to the BMW motorbiking.

New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical-maxresdefault.jpg

Cheers,
Amey

Last edited by Amey Kulkarni : 8th August 2017 at 09:32. Reason: Spelling
Amey Kulkarni is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 12:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default re: New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical

I really like how modern liter class bikes are getting leaner and are beginning to feel like 600cc bikes, BUT I absolutely loved the current gen S1000RRs assymetrical design. From the headlights to the vents on either side of the fairing, the bikes had charm. I'm not sure I dig this next gen one's styling one bit. For one, this detached, multi-surface transformer like design, is quite hard to do well and secondly, I'm just gonna come out and say this: IT LOOKS LIKE AN OVERSTYLED PULSAR RS200!! WITH THE TAIL SECTION OF AN APACHE RTR200!
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2017, 12:42   #4
BHPian

Default Re: New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical

This new spied facelift resembles to that of the energica ego electric motorcycle. The front projector setup and the midsection do resemble the same, also the tail section looks compact and lightweight.
New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical-11.jpg

New-gen BMW S1000RR is getting slimmer & symmetrical-12.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2017 at 10:49. Reason: Uploading images as attachments
manaljain is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 17:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

The 'Slim-ness' of a bike is mostly governed by the type of engine used.
Unless the S1000RR moves on to V4 configuration, I dont think it can magically become 'slim', like an Aprilia RSV4.
abhishek46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 18:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The 'Slim-ness' of a bike is mostly governed by the type of engine used.
Unless the S1000RR moves on to V4 configuration, I dont think it can magically become 'slim', like an Aprilia RSV4.
I think the Slim these guys are referring to is more from a thinner front fairing perspective like the new Fireblade. I am Not IN for this approach as a lot of people have commented that it takes away a lot of wind protection if you make the the front area of the bike too narrow. Plus the bike looks much smaller especially under large riders.

Having said that, I have big hopes from this one. BMW has taken their sweet time with this one and I feel it is going to be tantalizingly special.

Rachit

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 9th August 2017 at 18:08.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2017, 21:01   #7
BHPian

No doubt this one is going to be an engineering marvel like the first gen was when it was launched back in the day. However I do have to say the competition has really picked up its game in the last few years.
I remember back in 2012 on a random Sunday morning ride a s1000rr pulling away from a maxed out though aged ninja zx14. It was quite a sight and unheard of for 1000cc bikes to clip a hyper bike.
Anyhow, I will go with the general notion that this new one has lost some of the edgy-ness of the old one. The Asymmetrical headlights being a character trait that distinguished it from the rat pack. Now it sorta just looks like any other super competent super fast super bike.

Last edited by bigron : 9th August 2017 at 21:05.
bigron is online now   Reply With Quote