Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 6th March 2007, 17:35   #1
BHPian

Post Fiat To Power Yamaha’s 2007 MotoGP Attack

No, they aren’t putting Ferrari engines into the R1’s chassis - although that’s a thought that gets us drooling, and probably will give the people at Boss Hoss nightmares. What we’re talking about is the sponsorship of the factory Yamaha Moto GP team by Fiat.
Fiat Automobiles SpA will be the Title Sponsor of Yamaha’s factory MotoGP outfit for the next two seasons. Starting this season, the team will be called the Fiat Yamaha Team. Luca de Meo, CEO for Fiat, was present for the launch of the Fiat Yamaha Team. The MotoGp bikes will sport a series of liveries that will alternate on the two works bikes of Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards. Operative worldwide, the sponsorship deal will enable Fiat Automobiles SpA to promote campaigns using the sporting image of the riders and that of the Fiat Yamaha Team technicians.

Moneycontrol Auto Blog » Fiat To Power Yamaha’s 2007 MotoGP Attack
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 17:41   #2
BHPian

I had almost forgotten Camel had backed out and ther was no title sponsor!
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 19:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Operative worldwide, the sponsorship deal will enable Fiat Automobiles SpA to promote campaigns using the sporting image of the riders and that of the Fiat Yamaha Team technicians.
Correct me if i am wrong but i dont understand..
How does a company making cars benefit by sponsoring a company that makes bikes.. and how does using the sporting image of riders riding Yamahas in anyway help Fiat???.. Am i missing something here...

Godfather
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 22:24   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Correct me if i am wrong but i dont understand..
How does a company making cars benefit by sponsoring a company that makes bikes.. and how does using the sporting image of riders riding Yamahas in anyway help Fiat???.. Am i missing something here...
May be Rossi's Italian roots have got something to do here? How does Tata benefit by being with the Williams F1? The example is stupid I know but it could be on similar lines.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 22:52   #5
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
How does Tata benefit by being with the Williams F1? The example is stupid I know but it could be on similar lines.
I thought it had something to do with Narain K.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 23:08   #6
BHPian

I am a big Rossi and Yamaha fan eversince they beat the crap out of big HRC in 2004. Nevertheless, in the last 4 seasons this seems to be the worst colour scheme of Yamaha. Very boring to look at. Hope it is fast!
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 23:09   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
I thought it had something to do with Narain K.
Yes it does. So it could be something to do with Rossi in Yamaha case?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 13:58   #8
BHPian

Here's the rest of the article, I think the person who copied it left this bit out by accident...

"This is definitely a good thing for Fiat - the target audience is spot-on: the young, upwardly-mobile person looking to buy a small car. Only, they’ll have to be careful not to disappoint - the people who watch Moto GP are the kind that like speed, so Fiat will have to come up with more cars like the 100hp Panda if they’re going to keep up with the Moto GP bikes they’re sponsoring!"
isodope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 14:30   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Here's the rest of the article, I think the person who copied it left this bit out by accident...
no it was not by accident. The rest of the news was to be followed from the link pasted.
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 16:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

So Yamaha and Fiat are really blood brothers.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 04:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Nevertheless, in the last 4 seasons this seems to be the worst colour scheme of Yamaha. Very boring to look at. Hope it is fast!
loved the Laguana Seca colour scheme ! just like the one on the special editions aka Kenny Roberts Special . fitted the 2 strokes better tho . buzzin bumble bees ! hope they bring 2 stroke back ! im sure the 2003 500 cc 2 stroke moto GP bikes will beat the crap outta the new 2007 800cc 4 strokes .
2StrokeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote