Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 6th December 2007, 03:07   #286
BHPian

I think it wud be smart to wait for a bit to grab one of these. Prices will surely go down....or so I hope.
highwayblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 03:13   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I think it wud be smart to wait for a bit to grab one of these. Prices will surely go down....or so I hope.
I feel so too.Over time, things do tend to easen up a bit,and prices will drop. There is always this introductory hungaama,which subsides after a while. Also,if the sales figures don't show impressive numbers,it might be another reason for prices to drop.
Ah well..lets see the 1st batch of bikes rolling out of the showrooms!
cheers:
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 06:34   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Any idea why the downpayment is fixed at such a high amount?
Extremely high desirability quotient. Even when you cant possibly buy one, you will try the financing route to somehow make it possible.

More defaults.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 13:18   #289
Senior - BHPian

Just called up the blore showroom at forum mall. They are taking the orders now . 12.5 OTR ,including everything for R1.
If cash ,bike is delivered in 20 days and finance is available by ICICI(this takes about 1.5 months) .
They already have 7 orders now . There will be a display model next week .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 15:38   #290
BHPian

The Yamaha (India) website isn't that impressive either, lacks a bit of class!though the bikes look awesome!! what say?
devil_in_flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 16:11   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
The Yamaha (India) website isn't that impressive either, lacks a bit of class!though the bikes look awesome!! what say?
Did you click on the bikes and see the microsite? I must say the CBU microsite is quite nice though the flash bits do take a while to load up.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 18:41   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Did you click on the bikes and see the microsite? I
I did, but some how compared to the Yamaha International site, i didn't find it too impressive.the flash bit is ok, but i thought the showcase should have been grander considering these being the first real SBK's launched in India, then again 'Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder'.Also more than the site what is really important are the motorcycles themselves, which a person would buy irrespective of the website presentation.
Old 6th December 2007, 21:01   #293
v&v
Senior - BHPian

mean machines, but i think the cost of owning is bit steep. yamaha should have launched bikes in rage of 250cc or 500 cc around 4 to 6lac , there would have been more takers.
v&v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 23:06   #294
Senior - BHPian

just wonder who will buy these bikes. realistically speaking. i mean id love to own this bike but maybe after 2 years when i can actually afford it.

is there an market for these bikes, as most of enthusiasts cant afford the wheels they want. is there a market for this bike rather these type of bikes.
ac 427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2007, 23:26   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
just wonder who will buy these bikes. realistically speaking. i mean id love to own this bike but maybe after 2 years when i can actually afford it.

is there an market for these bikes, as most of enthusiasts cant afford the wheels they want. is there a market for this bike rather these type of bikes.
of coursethere is a market for theses bikes!! there already are a lot of Grey market high end bikes on road.so now given a legal and clean option people will definitely want to own them.also Yamaha doesnt plan to set the sales charts soaring with these motorcycles. they are aiming at selling about 200 units per year, which i think is pretty realistic.also they wan tot revive their old dominance.with the booming economy, India now has a lot of big spenders.

my only contention is that there should be more japs available along maybe with a few European stallions.then there will be good healthy competition which in turn will be great for the consumer and will probably also force the indian bike makers to look beyond 250cc..
Old 7th December 2007, 11:49   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
of coursethere is a market for theses bikes!! there already are a lot of Grey market high end bikes on road.so now given a legal and clean option people will definitely want to own them.also Yamaha doesnt plan to set the sales charts soaring with these motorcycles. they are aiming at selling about 200 units per year, which i think is pretty realistic.also they wan tot revive their old dominance.with the booming economy, India now has a lot of big spenders.

my only contention is that there should be more japs available along maybe with a few European stallions.then there will be good healthy competition which in turn will be great for the consumer and will probably also force the indian bike makers to look beyond 250cc..
hmmm. . . may be . .but in mumbai here. . i see more of supercars than superbikes. maybe in delhi its different.
ac 427 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 22:00   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that would be an interesting market to look at. Mix of Jap & European bikes would definitely work well,irrespective of the chances that Indian bike makers introduce something big. There are hoards of people who love Jap bikes,and decent amount prefer bikes from the EU,so rest assured things would work pretty well.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 03:28   #298
BHPian

Finally its here !! It finally launched in bangalore today ! Release could have been better though :-)

CHEERS !!
saivalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 09:53   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saivalli View Post
Finally its here !! It finally launched in bangalore today ! Release could have been better though :-)

CHEERS !!
the yamaha guys have a stall at the vahaan yatra. the bikes they have there aren't even new bikes! and there isn't an MT-01. very shabby show.

and yamaha wonders why their sales have dwindled this year!
raftaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2007, 11:58   #300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
hmmm. . . may be . .but in mumbai here. . i see more of supercars than superbikes. maybe in delhi its different.
Thats simply because not everyone knows how to go about buying a superbike, whereas four wheel imports are easily accessible.
And, quite a few fancy two wheeler owners prefer to use another mode of transport for their daily errands, and keep the bikes for the sunday morning rides.
This is a picture from our last sunday ride, the lasy count was 26!!

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote