Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 10th December 2008, 22:52   #421
Senior - BHPian

arre wah!! That is indeed good news.i had no idea about it.so any idea about whats the price band likely if they are brought in.

so has the homologation for the bikes above 1000cc been exempted?
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 23:36   #422
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
R6 or any bike below 600 cc is not planned because of the homologation hurdles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Yes, it is. They plan to launch it after the FZ1 next year.
Ok. Let us say it does gets launched some time next year. What could be it's approximate cost?
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 08:05   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
arre wah!! That is indeed good news.i had no idea about it.so any idea about whats the price band likely if they are brought in.

so has the homologation for the bikes above 1000cc been exempted?
I think its only if the bikes come from the country of origin like the Suzuki's are. If Yamaha starts doing that, they may not have to be homlogated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Ok. Let us say it does gets launched some time next year. What could be it's approximate cost?
I think it will be around 9L.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 12:20   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Yes, it is. They plan to launch it after the FZ1 next year.

That rule doesn't exist anymore. Suzuki will launch the gixxer 600 sometime next year, but it will be homologated unlike the Busa, Intruder & the gixxer 1000. Guess who told me that .

If you've noticed, the Busa and the Intruder don't have a saari guard like the Yamaha's. Its because they were not homologated by ARAI.
Homologation or not, waiting for the time where the Middle class Indian can be placed in some Fair priced performance bikes.

The Sari guard on the R1 has to be the most odd bike accessory ever worldwide.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 14:19   #425
BHPian

Default new launches

hi,
does anyone have any idea of any further official superbike launches? yamaha has the r1 and mt01, suzuki has the boulevard and hayabusa. any idea what honda plans to launch? any more launches from yamaha? ive heard the fz1 is next. any info is much appreciated,,,thanks guys. need the headstart to save up on the downpayment,,,

Note from Team-BHP Support: Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th February 2009 at 14:49.
sachinwadhwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 15:18   #426
Senior - BHPian

The '09 R1 is coming here in March.
Old 4th February 2009, 15:46   #427
BHPian

you talking abut the '09 R1 or the cbr?
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 19:38   #428
BHPian

Both are out at the same time, Feb-end Mar 09
Bluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 20:57   #429
Senior - BHPian

I'm talking about the R1, but even the CBR is launching 150% by 2nd week of March is what was told by a top guy at Honda.
Old 26th March 2009, 20:05   #430
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Old 26th March 2009, 21:28   #431
Senior - BHPian

I hear the FZ1 is being homologated here.
Old 27th March 2009, 01:00   #432
Senior - BHPian

The Fazer is coming...or so that's what BIKE India thinks, and a lot of others who have seen peti-pack FZ's hidden away at the Yamaha showrooms and elsewhere. I've seen one myself. But the problem is, I've seen the quarter faired one, and they all say the naked one's coming.

What's more interesting is the news that the bike may actually be priced around 8L OTR...! Now that's ONLY possible via SKD/CKD route, which I'm doubtful of. Hopefully, the bike would be launched before diwali.

Wait and watch seems to be the policy now....ah, the bloody recession...!
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 03:01   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
The Fazer is coming...or so that's what BIKE India thinks, and a lot of others who have seen peti-pack FZ's hidden away at the Yamaha showrooms and elsewhere. I've seen one myself. But the problem is, I've seen the quarter faired one, and they all say the naked one's coming.

What's more interesting is the news that the bike may actually be priced around 8L OTR...! Now that's ONLY possible via SKD/CKD route, which I'm doubtful of. Hopefully, the bike would be launched before diwali.

Wait and watch seems to be the policy now....ah, the bloody recession...!
Where did you see the bike yourself? I know the manager at the Malad showroom and he had shown me 3 scooters that were going to be launched that were hidden away in the showroom. Those have still not been launched I think. He had told me the FZ1 was coming though.

They would only start sending the bikes to showrooms once the homologation part is done with. They usually store all the bikes in either Pune and Harayana (or wherever they have the head office in the north).
Old 28th March 2009, 15:04   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Hello to the Team BHP Support Team,
May i make a suggestion? My post was rejected because of improoper puncutation, which is fair enough. But is it possible to email the member the rejected message? So that he can post the message after making the necessary edits? Its just that i dont remember all the details i put in it, i had also added a link which i dont remember now either. Just a suggestion.
Thanks,